New baby and post birth advice #21: The knobwaffles are always wrong

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Baby has been an absolute whiney whinge bag today. My head hurts and my eyes sting! I also had a go at knobwaffle telling him I’m basically looking after baby all by myself so he thought the best way to help me is to offer me a drink. I need more than a drink pal. I’m fed up.

@Dipdab a huge congratulations!! Glad you had a lovely time. And the donut cake…impressive!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Okay I’ve never been so close to driving to a hotel for the night and actually getting some sleep

Then I remember I have a baby with allergies so can’t have formula, expressing gives me the ick, we don’t actually own bottles/a steriliser, and the baby feeds every half an hour all night long. And the toddler is attached to me like a limpet and cries the entire time I’m gone 😵💫

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
In where!? Is it her first night in her room?
Yep she’s been evicted 😭 shes in her own room 💕

Baby has been an absolute whiney whinge bag today. My head hurts and my eyes sting! I also had a go at knobwaffle telling him I’m basically looking after baby all by myself so he thought the best way to help me is to offer me a drink. I need more than a drink pal. I’m fed up.

@Dipdab a huge congratulations!! Glad you had a lovely time. And the donut cake…impressive!!
I hate the whingy days it really is the worst noise!!! 😵💫

• Heart
Reactions: 3
We went to a kids party today, baby Goss is normally really clingy at big things like that but she was amazing and happy enough to be held by my cousins/family that she doesn’t see often.

We had sooo many comments about how big she is, her chunky legs, how heavy she is to hold. They’re my family so I know no one means it in a bad way but ffs, how many times does it need to be said!

It’s just taken me an hour to get her down to sleep and some idiot on one of those loud crappy petrol bikes is going up and down our road. Three times now she’s woken up 😡

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 11
Top teeth are the devil. Between a million football facts, none stop commentary on today's game and whining twins I'm done in.
The BIL is staying in Manchester for the week (I actually love him he's so like Mr TY & we've always been close, in a none weird I'm gonna run off with your brother way😂) and he's offered to stay on Tuesday night so I can have a full uninterrupted sleep & even take the boy to school for me.
Maybe I do need to run off with him?😂

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Top teeth are the devil. Between a million football facts, none stop commentary on today's game and whining twins I'm done in.
The BIL is staying in Manchester for the week (I actually love him he's so like Mr TY & we've always been close, in a none weird I'm gonna run off with your brother way😂) and he's offered to stay on Tuesday night so I can have a full uninterrupted sleep & even take the boy to school for me.
Don’t do anything hasty, the sun & sleep deprivation can make us act crazy 🤣

Ahhhh good luck. They tend to sleep better in their own room once settled so you may love it 😌

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5

Ahhhh good luck. They tend to sleep better in their own room once settled so you may love it 😌
Sun? What is the sun? I don't think I've been in it for longer than 5 mins this week😂😂

Reactions: 2
If you’re not going to run off with him then one of us on this thread will 😆.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Maybe you could just run off for a bit while he’s in charge?! He sounds like a gem 👍🏻👍🏻

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I’ll be honest, he sounds quite the catch. Any chance you can enquire if pale, overtired, married mum-of-twos are his type?! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12

I’ll be the unsettled one checking the monitor every 30 seconds lol! She’s a good sleeper to be fair. 💕

• Heart
This might seem like a really stupid question.. I’m planning on taking my toddler and the baby to soft play solo next week, how the duck do I make sure everyone is safe and supervised? How do I look after my toddler and make sure he’s not dangling off a rope foot first whilst also having the baby?! Do I just not go solo and leave soft play for when my partner is around?
there’s a baby bit too with lights etc but I’ve accepted that the baby isn’t going to be able to do anything because he’ll be attached to my hip while I wrestle through the ball out after the toddler
Thoughts and prayers 😂

I normally let toddler bean go and do his own thing. Although I don’t think I’ve been soft play on my own with him and the baby yet 😬
If it’s not too big, can you sit at the tables and watch?

Reactions: 1

I hate the whingy days it really is the worst noise!!! 😵💫
Ahh i remember the first night. I spent most of it just checking the monitor constantly. Even 7 weeks later, in still checking it through the night and making sure i can hear her.

@Dipdab congrats on your wedding lovely. Krispy kremes are the 💣! 🍩🍩🍩

@Lulu Goss loud drivers or people outside your place at baby bedtime are the worst 😩 gah! Also, people just lovely commenting (on anything. They cant help themselves). The amount of times ive discussed bavy pineapple eye colour and 'when it might change' haha.

Changing after a solo swim with baby gives me the fear. Her dad takes her to swimming classes currently and manages it like a boss! 😎

@I'mThankyou_ im nervous about the top teeth. Baby only has her adorable two lower front teeth so far. Theyre so dang cute. Im dreading more coming through. Poor bubba. Calpol is life!! ❤

When did everyone's period come back post partum? Mine returned today. Lower back pain and cramps suck!! I just started going to a chiropractor. I think it triggered it. Doh.

• Heart
Thank you everyone 🥰 I can confirm I have had 3 donuts as an after dinner snack this evening! I am so tired, feet and back ache, totally wiped out after 1 late night. And I only had 1 glass of wine and feel hungover! Not fair!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Well that was a long night. She was absolutely fine, I’m the one that spent all night checking the monitor and I’ve now got a stinking head ache 😵💫 why am I like this. She’s just woken up 😭 hopefully tonight I’ll feel a little better about it all and get some sleep 😂

Am I the only one who would take small child to soft play just so I could play? 🤣🤣🤣
100% id be in the ball pit

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Morning ladies, how are you all? I can't believe my little boy is 9 months now, how on earth has that happened!

We finally received his passport back last week so we've booked a holiday and I'm looking for any tips and tricks you wondermums have because I feel like I'm completely our of my depth here.

Any thing I need to pack to make my life easier? Any tips for the flight? (It's 4 hours long). Any and all advice welcomed! Thank you 💖

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.