New baby and post birth advice #21: The knobwaffles are always wrong

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why is it when the baby has a good sleep, you’re woken at 12 by the toddler coming into your room. Put them back to bed and he comes in again to tell me he needs a wee and then again for a poo 😭 And then another surprise visitor at 5.15 to say he’s wet the bed and has only just gone back to sleep and he has to be up for school now 🙃 baby slept 7.30-now and he is definitely my favourite 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
PowerBaby slept for 8 hours last night! 😄🤯
And PowerToddler slept through too, and I managed to sleep for almost 8 hours too, first time I've had that much sleep in about 3-4 months since I was about 7 months pregnant I think.
Of course I now have the joy of massively engorged boobs but it feels good to have a well rested family.

Reactions: 10
Morning ladies, how are you all? I can't believe my little boy is 9 months now, how on earth has that happened!

We finally received his passport back last week so we've booked a holiday and I'm looking for any tips and tricks you wondermums have because I feel like I'm completely our of my depth here.

Any thing I need to pack to make my life easier? Any tips for the flight? (It's 4 hours long). Any and all advice welcomed! Thank you 💖
Oh how exciting! Where are you going?

Honestly, don’t worry at all. I’ve never found any issues when travelling with little ones of any age. They love the hustle and bustle or airports and planes, and being away as well. I would say for the plane pack yourself a spare top as well as the normal spares for baby, as I’ve been vomited on on a plane before and didn’t have a spare (already used in the airport as he’d been sick then too!) and that was unpleasant. And don’t pack things that roll for the plane (balls, small cars, crayons). Also beware sippy cups as you take off the change in air pressure messes with them and they can suddenly start leaking.
Other than that, just go with the flow and all will be well!

The breastfeeding update everyone* has been waiting for: after my dramatic post, I have not in fact stopped, I just give her a bottle of expressed milk before bed, and try to give her a bottle overnight if I’ve expressed enough, but only after 4 hours have passed. If it’s less than 4 hours we just rock her. This was the third night and she’s gone 5-6 hours until her first wake and has only woken twice (and is still asleep!!!). I feel like an actual functioning human and Mr Rose has been able to settle her back down in the night rather than it all being me. It probably is coincidence and won’t last, but for now I’m happy!
*literally nobody

@Crazycatlady18 hope the first night went well!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Well that was a long night. She was absolutely fine, I’m the one that spent all night checking the monitor and I’ve now got a stinking head ache 😵💫 why am I like this. She’s just woken up 😭 hopefully tonight I’ll feel a little better about it all and get some sleep 😂

100% id be in the ball pit
Let’s swap babies, baby tango is in need of someone attentive in the night as she wakes up to 13 times and I can have baby kitten 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Am I the only one who would take small child to soft play just so I could play? 🤣🤣🤣
you can take my kids if you want? Absolute mayhem every single time.
Some kid has probably done a tit or a wee in the ball pit, there’s usually a trail of snot or dribble on every single climbing thing. Someone’s child is crying because they were given a shove by someone else (usually my kid crying because the toy cars are being used and he’s been given a shove by some brute of a kid “mummy not kind. boy pushed me😢” and I have to pretend I don’t want to take the hole out with a fly kick). There’s always the smug show off kid too, like an 8 year old trying to outdo my 2 year old by pushing him down a slide he’s too scared to go down or shoving him onto the rope bridge “I can do it really quickly. he’s such a baby crying like that” oh duck off you tiny terrorist.
Everyone usually has some kind of illness after we’ve been and he has to miss his one day at nursery. I remember sanitising the toddler’s hands when we took him as a baby even though I refused to let him touch anything.
I think I’m going to give soft play a miss this week, I’ve remembered why I hate it so much🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
The breastfeeding update everyone* has been waiting for: after my dramatic post, I have not in fact stopped, I just give her a bottle of expressed milk before bed, and try to give her a bottle overnight if I’ve expressed enough, but only after 4 hours have passed. If it’s less than 4 hours we just rock her. This was the third night and she’s gone 5-6 hours until her first wake and has only woken twice (and is still asleep!!!). I feel like an actual functioning human and Mr Rose has been able to settle her back down in the night rather than it all being me. It probably is coincidence and won’t last, but for now I’m happy!
*literally nobody

@Crazycatlady18 hope the first night went well!
How old is baby?! I think I need to try this 😂😵

@PineappleTopper sounds like you smashed it today. And when you say how do people do it… nobody is doing that much every day!! I do find that we need a few home days each week to be able to keep on top of stuff (also learned during lockdowns my kids actually give zero fucks if we don’t go out!)

@bottombanana i take my two to baby gym rather than soft play but would just stick the baby in a sling as well. Then if toddler is playing a specific place get baby out for a kick round too.

@Easilyannoyed is Orange ok now? Poor girl ❤

This is honestly the most stressful part of parenting for me 🙈 the 10 mins after swimming are a nightmare. And 3 out of 4 of mine can dress themselves, yet it remains a hellish time!
Hey she is fine now thank you for asking it just made me very hysterical and when I got there she projectile vomited all over me but I really didn’t care better out than in her body obviously did not like the jam her face was like chunk from the boobies maybe not as extreme but it was red swollen blotchy. Now I just worry what else she is allergic to. And omg how do you go swimming with multiple children my friends baby sits up but doesn’t roll so he just sat there not my child she was licking the floor and my trainers 🤣🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
you can take my kids if you want? Absolute mayhem every single time.
Some kid has probably done a tit or a wee in the ball pit, there’s usually a trail of snot or dribble on every single climbing thing. Someone’s child is crying because they were given a shove by someone else (usually my kid crying because the toy cars are being used and he’s been given a shove by some brute of a kid “mummy not kind. boy pushed me😢” and I have to pretend I don’t want to take the hole out with a fly kick). There’s always the smug show off kid too, like an 8 year old trying to outdo my 2 year old by pushing him down a slide he’s too scared to go down or shoving him onto the rope bridge “I can do it really quickly. he’s such a baby crying like that” oh duck off you tiny terrorist.
Everyone usually has some kind of illness after we’ve been and he has to miss his one day at nursery. I remember sanitising the toddler’s hands when we took him as a baby even though I refused to let him touch anything.
I think I’m going to give soft play a miss this week, I’ve remembered why I hate it so much🤣
The kid crying because they’ve been shoved is probably me as I’m whizzing past to get me in that ball pit

SCOOT SCOOT MUVAFUCKA 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I give up. I just emailed Forthglade who make the dogs food to ask if it’s safe for human consumption because she keeps eating it. I didn’t even know there was specks on the floor. My interview at 11 is going to feel like a holiday!

• Haha
Reactions: 7
We’ve seen the in laws again today… FML. after being on holiday with them Mon-Fri we just had to go out for a meal today too 🫣

I hate how everyone is all ahhhh the baby this ahhh the baby that. Can’t have a proper conversation it’s just everyone staring at the baby and watching everything I do with him including changing and putting him in the car seat😵💫. To say I was glad to leave is an understatement lol
I feel this!! Also why do people ask ‘is she good?’ What exactly do they mean by that? If she cries a lot does that mean she’s bad? I feel like I have to over egg how ‘good’ she is or just make stuff up! It’s very weird!
Ps these threads move fastttt just spent an hour catching up on the last one 😂

Reactions: 10
I know this is such a boring mum question and totally not our vibe on this thread, but what nappies do you all rate?
I particularly want to hear from you, if you too have a barnacle that feeds from you all the live long night.
Not particularly enjoying the 2/3/4am changes out of pissy bedding/sleepsuits anymore. 😴😴
I've tried the pampers 4+ the lidl premium ones and Pura and all utterly useless.

I feel this!! Also why do people ask ‘is she good?’ What exactly do they mean by that? If she cries a lot does that mean she’s bad? I feel like I have to over egg how ‘good’ she is or just make stuff up! It’s very weird!
Ps these threads move fastttt just spent an hour catching up on the last one 😂
I usually say no she is naughty just like her mummy and I couldn’t be prouder orange then does her angry face and I feel proud lol xx

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I know this is such a boring mum question and totally not our vibe on this thread, but what nappies do you all rate?
I particularly want to hear from you, if you too have a barnacle that feeds from you all the live long night.
Not particularly enjoying the 2/3/4am changes out of pissy bedding/sleepsuits anymore. 😴😴
I've tried the pampers 4+ the lidl premium ones and Pura and all utterly useless.
Baby tango used to be drenched. I do cheap Tesco ones in the day & at night heckle her up with a 12 hour pampers and reuseable nappy on top that was a fabric layer to soak her excess up, can’t live without it

Reactions: 1
We use Pampers but the active fit pull ups and never had any leaks or anything and they’d last 12 hours even with her attached to my boob all night

I think it all depends in your baby tbh, their body shape & how they wee.
It's all trial & error. However we love Rascal & Friends from Tesco, no issues with them so far

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.