New baby and post birth advice #21: The knobwaffles are always wrong

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What time do you all go to bed after your little one? My little one always goes to bed super early and I don’t 😂 I’m always exhausted yet I crave my alone time in the evening!
Um. Immediately because the baby only sleeps if we’re touching. But then I lie here scrolling tattle and the like 😂
I'm here just attempting to have a clean house for our health visitor coming tomorrow 😂🤦🏻‍♀️
So far I've managed to clean the kitchen worktops, that are now a mess again after tea 😂
It's on Friday😪 I don't want to be 30, I still feel 18 at heart (some days) but the grey hairs, weight around the middle and bags under my eyes say different!
How was your break away?!
100% do not clean for her. As someone that has done home visits, as long as there’s no literal safety hazards (and we’re talking cocaine lines on the table… although perhaps @jackolantern may need to put her axe away) or bodily fluids that don’t move between visits (I’ve been to the same house six weeks apart with the same poo on the sofa) then they probably won’t care. If it’s really awful, just throw everything somewhere they won’t look. I usually chose the en-suite as my dumping ground.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I’ve come upstairs to pack as we’re going away this week. Said to my partner, don’t just sit her in front of the tv and go on your phone, play with her otherwise she’ll get bored. 5 mins later I can hear baby whinging and what’s he doing, sitting on his phone 🙄

It’s so unfair. When do mums ever just walk away and go off to do something else? I agree with telling him you need more help when he’s at home. Also they’re only doing what all babies do! Mine expects ours to either be asleep or to just sit quietly playing and is so confused when she’s frustrated or bored because he’s not interacting with her.
Omg whyyyyy do men do that. His idea of looking after the baby if plonking her down and scrolling his phone 😡

Ugh, little Kitten had a horrible night, she must be so uncomfortable. She still had around 39° without nurofen/perdolan (and even with it it's stays around 38°...).
She also just threw up after having some fruit puree. She's fallen asleep in my arms now.
Looks like MrCat is also starting to get ill, he's very snotty and his throat hurts. But he's gone to visit his dad in the hospital (with mouth mask ofcourse), MIL said FIL isn't doing very well. Kitten and I are still at home though as she's so ill and feverish.

I had a major breakdown last night. So MrCat had been abroad for work since Wednesday and came back yesterday morning. After he slept a bit he took care of Kitten so I could go out on my own for a while. But MrCat still wanted to go to the hairdresser, so I just hurried to get home in time. Then while he was at the hairdresser, I went to the doctor with Kitten (upper respiratory infection and an ear infection ✨). Then MrCat went to a birthday party and he did ask if it was okay, but I'm not really good at saying no, so I said sure. But then Kitten started crying like crazy because she was so tired, but couldn't sleep because of all her snot and I started crying and hyperventilating and then in the end I called him to come home. Which he did luckily. By the time he got home, I had managed to get Kitten to sleep, but I was just shaking 😩

@Babyyoda88 I saw a chocolate baby Yoda while on errands yesterday, which made me think of you. Hope you're doing well!
Oh that’s sound horrible for you. Poor kitten and mummy kitten 💕 at least he’s home and you have some support now.
I’m also not very good at saying no. They kinda guilt trip you a little huh x

What time do you all go to bed after your little one? My little one always goes to bed super early and I don’t 😂 I’m always exhausted yet I crave my alone time in the evening!
Literally were ridiculous. She goes to bed between 7-8 and we’re 10-11 🙈 always say let’s have an early night and next thing you know it’s 10.30 😂
The other night we were so engrossed in stranger things is was gone 11.30.

Reactions: 3
When she was little I just used to sleep the same as her but I’m cocky now and stay up til 11ish because like you I want time to myself, which is scrolling on TikTok 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
When you’re trying to get away from a sleeping baby and they open their eyes, so you just freeze, hoping that if you don’t move they won’t see you 🫣🫣

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Oh do not clean the house for her. Clean the very specific area you will allow her in to - I clean the living room and the bit of hallway she walks down to get there, not even the whole hall 🙈 or alternatively don’t clean at all and remember they must see some absolute dire shite holes and our houses are never gonna be close to that 👌🏻
Have you any plans for your birthday even though MrTY isn’t going to be home? BrotherTY isn’t stepping in to fill his shoes again and take you for a piss up?!
I know what you mean, sometimes I still wonder how I am actually allowed to pretend to be an adult because clearly I am not a proper one at all… and I’m older than 30 🤣

Weekend away was up and down 😬 some epic tantrums from 3Me, worst we have ever seen her, and BabyMe has also discovered how to throw himself on the ground in protest. None of the others did that, and I did just have to stick him under my arm at one point. We are navigating new territory with him, and it shows us we aren’t good parents at all, we just had 3 very “good” toddlers before this!
Hahaha 😂 I feel this!
With my first and second being amazing sleepers.
I was like surelllyy it's something we're doing. We must have an amazing routine. This is easy another baby will be easy.

Hmm how I was wrong 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.