New baby and post birth advice #21: The knobwaffles are always wrong

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gone to my Mums today and my Aunt and Uncle are there and in the same sentence my Uncle tells me I'm too harsh on my kids, but then comments on how well behaved they are. šŸ˜‚
Can't have it both ways mate šŸ˜‚
I know I'm probably too harsh sometimes and nag them too much šŸ˜‚ but they behave.
Which the same can not be said for my cousins kids which they're used to šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Went to the doctor again and turns out Kitten has a viral upper respiratory infection and now also a bacterial ear infection šŸ™ƒ
But she should be starting to feel better soon šŸ¤ž
Poor girl :(

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Just got back from the theatre and I didnā€™t pack a pump or bottle to hand express omggg my boobs are so hard and full.
Is it bad Iā€™ve picked my baby up not even for a cuddle but just to give me comfort šŸ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha
Knobwaffle rant - I am really struggling with mine. He has zero patience for the babies and itā€™s really getting to me. If they donā€™t go down for a nap within 10 mins he gives up and gets frustrated (which doesnā€™t help as theyā€™re crap nappers). Today heā€™s said the day is ruined because the babies both woke up at 530 and now thatā€™s messed up their sleep šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø. He doesnā€™t get theyā€™re babies and donā€™t stick to a set schedule. heā€™s said he canā€™t deal with the crying and Has now gone off in a huff to the gym because that really helps the situation doesnā€™t it ā˜¹. No point to this point really just needed somewhere to let off steam

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Knobwaffle rant - I am really struggling with mine. He has zero patience for the babies and itā€™s really getting to me. If they donā€™t go down for a nap within 10 mins he gives up and gets frustrated (which doesnā€™t help as theyā€™re crap nappers). Today heā€™s said the day is ruined because the babies both woke up at 530 and now thatā€™s messed up their sleep šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø. He doesnā€™t get theyā€™re babies and donā€™t stick to a set schedule. heā€™s said he canā€™t deal with the crying and Has now gone off in a huff to the gym because that really helps the situation doesnā€™t it ā˜¹. No point to this point really just needed somewhere to let off steam
If you feel able I would sit him down and say ā€œlook I k ow it can be hard and frustrating to deal with. But when you arenā€™t at work I really, really need your help with them, and it isnā€™t fair to just buggar Off because youā€™ve had enough.ā€ Or something similar. Because it really isnā€™t fair on you at all ā¤

Reactions: 2
My partner is exactly the same so I really feel you ā¤

I get soo annoyed when he just goes off. Especially when they're being 'difficult' or whatever.
Because when do I ever get to step away when it's stressful?
He usually spends the whole day then repeating "They're not normal just be a normal baby" šŸ˜‘

• Sad
Reactions: 3
My child ate an egg! Ok it was a mushed up boiled egg but omg she ate it. Well some got spat out but she was opening her mouth & chewing. She has never done that before.
It feels like such an achievement, though I have an eggy baby now šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Yep he wins it for this week. How crap for you, left holding not one but two babies without his support emotionally or practically

@Babyyoda88 are you okay? Havenā€™t seen you on here for a bit!

• Sad
Yep he wins it for this week. How crap for you, left holding not one but two babies without his support emotionally or practically

@Babyyoda88 are you okay? Havenā€™t seen you on here for a bit!
I was wondering that too. I was hoping maybe she was on holiday. šŸ’•

Yeah itā€™s always helpful leaving the situation šŸ™„ why do men do that.
hope youā€™re ok x

Iā€™ve come upstairs to pack as weā€™re going away this week. Said to my partner, donā€™t just sit her in front of the tv and go on your phone, play with her otherwise sheā€™ll get bored. 5 mins later I can hear baby whinging and whatā€™s he doing, sitting on his phone šŸ™„

Itā€™s so unfair. When do mums ever just walk away and go off to do something else? I agree with telling him you need more help when heā€™s at home. Also theyā€™re only doing what all babies do! Mine expects ours to either be asleep or to just sit quietly playing and is so confused when sheā€™s frustrated or bored because heā€™s not interacting with her.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Ugh, little Kitten had a horrible night, she must be so uncomfortable. She still had around 39Ā° without nurofen/perdolan (and even with it it's stays around 38Ā°...).
She also just threw up after having some fruit puree. She's fallen asleep in my arms now.
Looks like MrCat is also starting to get ill, he's very snotty and his throat hurts. But he's gone to visit his dad in the hospital (with mouth mask ofcourse), MIL said FIL isn't doing very well. Kitten and I are still at home though as she's so ill and feverish.

I had a major breakdown last night. So MrCat had been abroad for work since Wednesday and came back yesterday morning. After he slept a bit he took care of Kitten so I could go out on my own for a while. But MrCat still wanted to go to the hairdresser, so I just hurried to get home in time. Then while he was at the hairdresser, I went to the doctor with Kitten (upper respiratory infection and an ear infection āœØ). Then MrCat went to a birthday party and he did ask if it was okay, but I'm not really good at saying no, so I said sure. But then Kitten started crying like crazy because she was so tired, but couldn't sleep because of all her snot and I started crying and hyperventilating and then in the end I called him to come home. Which he did luckily. By the time he got home, I had managed to get Kitten to sleep, but I was just shaking šŸ˜©

@Babyyoda88 I saw a chocolate baby Yoda while on errands yesterday, which made me think of you. Hope you're doing well!

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Omg. Why do babies need SO much stuff?!

Weā€™re going away Monday-Friday, Iā€™ve already packed a small suitcase with babyā€™s clothes/muslins/etc and a hold-all with nappies formula, bowls and spoons. Iā€™ve still got to pack all of mine and Mr Gossā€™ stuff, as well as more bags with the steriliser, food pouches, bottles, toysā€¦ Weā€™re staying by the coast and the weather forecast is just rain and itā€™s making me wish weā€™d never bothered booking it! Not helped by the fact Mr G is sitting on the sofa with baby having a beer while I do everything else. Iā€™ve been moaning a bit about how much there is to do and instead of saying anything useful heā€™s either pretending not to hear me or snapping at me because heā€™s taking it all personally. Iā€™m also now dreading having to pack for 3 of us for a week abroad later this year šŸ˜„

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Omg. Why do babies need SO much stuff?!

Weā€™re going away Monday-Friday, Iā€™ve already packed a small suitcase with babyā€™s clothes/muslins/etc and a hold-all with nappies formula, bowls and spoons. Iā€™ve still got to pack all of mine and Mr Gossā€™ stuff, as well as more bags with the steriliser, food pouches, bottles, toysā€¦ Weā€™re staying by the coast and the weather forecast is just rain and itā€™s making me wish weā€™d never bothered booking it! Not helped by the fact Mr G is sitting on the sofa with baby having a beer while I do everything else. Iā€™ve been moaning a bit about how much there is to do and instead of saying anything useful heā€™s either pretending not to hear me or snapping at me because heā€™s taking it all personally. Iā€™m also now dreading having to pack for 3 of us for a week abroad later this year šŸ˜„
I only pack for myself & the kids, I refuse to pack for a grown man. If itā€™s not done itā€™s tough luck.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Havenā€™t seen @Iā€™mThankyou_ today either ā¤ Hoping youā€™re ok lovely. When is your birthday?
I'm here just attempting to have a clean house for our health visitor coming tomorrow šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
So far I've managed to clean the kitchen worktops, that are now a mess again after tea šŸ˜‚
It's on FridayšŸ˜Ŗ I don't want to be 30, I still feel 18 at heart (some days) but the grey hairs, weight around the middle and bags under my eyes say different!
How was your break away?!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I'm here just attempting to have a clean house for our health visitor coming tomorrow šŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø
So far I've managed to clean the kitchen worktops, that are now a mess again after tea šŸ˜‚
It's on FridayšŸ˜Ŗ I don't want to be 30, I still feel 18 at heart (some days) but the grey hairs, weight around the middle and bags under my eyes say different!
How was your break away?!
Oh do not clean the house for her. Clean the very specific area you will allow her in to - I clean the living room and the bit of hallway she walks down to get there, not even the whole hall šŸ™ˆ or alternatively donā€™t clean at all and remember they must see some absolute dire shite holes and our houses are never gonna be close to that šŸ‘ŒšŸ»
Have you any plans for your birthday even though MrTY isnā€™t going to be home? BrotherTY isnā€™t stepping in to fill his shoes again and take you for a piss up?!
I know what you mean, sometimes I still wonder how I am actually allowed to pretend to be an adult because clearly I am not a proper one at allā€¦ and Iā€™m older than 30 šŸ¤£

Weekend away was up and down šŸ˜¬ some epic tantrums from 3Me, worst we have ever seen her, and BabyMe has also discovered how to throw himself on the ground in protest. None of the others did that, and I did just have to stick him under my arm at one point. We are navigating new territory with him, and it shows us we arenā€™t good parents at all, we just had 3 very ā€œgoodā€ toddlers before this!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Oh do not clean the house for her. Clean the very specific area you will allow her in to - I clean the living room and the bit of hallway she walks down to get there, not even the whole hall šŸ™ˆ or alternatively donā€™t clean at all and remember they must see some absolute dire shite holes and our houses are never gonna be close to that šŸ‘ŒšŸ»
Have you any plans for your birthday even though MrTY isnā€™t going to be home? BrotherTY isnā€™t stepping in to fill his shoes again and take you for a piss up?!
I know what you mean, sometimes I still wonder how I am actually allowed to pretend to be an adult because clearly I am not a proper one at allā€¦ and Iā€™m older than 30 šŸ¤£

Weekend away was up and down šŸ˜¬ some epic tantrums from 3Me, worst we have ever seen her, and BabyMe has also discovered how to throw himself on the ground in protest. None of the others did that, and I did just have to stick him under my arm at one point. We are navigating new territory with him, and it shows us we arenā€™t good parents at all, we just had 3 very ā€œgoodā€ toddlers before this!
Ah you can see the kitchen from the living roomšŸ˜‚
Nope will just be me and the 3 wilderbeasts, so I'll be ordering a takeaway for me and the boy as he has 2 weeks off for half term so it's a birthday and end of half term treat for us.
I'm not sure who made us adults, but I still need an adult to help mešŸ˜‚

Ah, I had a thrower, it was delightful, he did it in the middle of the train station once, I could've tied the sod to the tracks. Hopefully it is a phase that passes VERY quickly I know all too well the feeling and how the heat rises to your face as the mini turd tantrums on the floor. Just say really loudly "come on now mate let's go find your mummy" just pretend he doesn't belong to youšŸ˜‚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Just say really loudly "come on now mate let's go find your mummy" just pretend he doesn't belong to youšŸ˜‚
That is bloody genius šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ I think we will be going to a lot of quiet forests while he gets on like this, nobody can hear him or see us šŸ¤£

Have you anything big planned for the rest of half term? Iā€™m sure itā€™s not easy finding something to suit BoyTY at 9 and his sisters. We find that with ours - cool stuff our eldest wants to do arenā€™t suitable for the wee ones, and she gets bored doing the things they like doing (although sheā€™s mostly excellent and doesnā€™t mind)

• Haha
Reactions: 1
That is bloody genius šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£ I think we will be going to a lot of quiet forests while he gets on like this, nobody can hear him or see us šŸ¤£

Have you anything big planned for the rest of half term? Iā€™m sure itā€™s not easy finding something to suit BoyTY at 9 and his sisters. We find that with ours - cool stuff our eldest wants to do arenā€™t suitable for the wee ones, and she gets bored doing the things they like doing (although sheā€™s mostly excellent and doesnā€™t mind)
Honestly? NošŸ˜‚šŸ¤¦šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø the weather here in typical northern style has been absolutely shocking! We ventured out yesterday for chips and ice cream and I think we'll hibernate the rest of the week. The boy has a times tables test when he goes back so bless him he's been trying to crack it in two minutes. Thankfully he entertains himself in the garden with a football, I'm hoping once Mr TY is home we can leave the twins with my mum and take him on a day out just for him! He's such a good little egg though!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
What time do you all go to bed after your little one? My little one always goes to bed super early and I donā€™t šŸ˜‚ Iā€™m always exhausted yet I crave my alone time in the evening!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.