New baby and post birth advice #21: The knobwaffles are always wrong

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can you leave the axe just casually leaning against the wall in full view.
Maybe she won't come again 😂
Brilliant 🤣🤣🤣 maybe I’ll tell her I’ve signed Tommy up to axe wielding baby classes, im weird AF so she’d totally believe it, although my Grans coming too and I think that might kill her off. We already punked her that we were calling the baby Mohammed Mohammed and raising him as a gender neutral fruitarian. Actually she might kill me nevermind the reverse 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Kitten has been feverish since Wednesday (around 38°,2 , she was at 38,6° just now). Poor girl is still so slimy (slimey?) and is coughing so often.
Gave her a fruit pouch and shortly after she began puking again 😩
She's in her bed sleeping now.
I'm feeling a bit lost. She still wants to eat and play and is smiling (although way less than usual), so it's probably nothing too bad, but I can't stop worrying because the slime/puking has been going on for a while now and it's her third fever day 😩 Getting flashbacks to her being admitted to the hospital and it just breaks my heart thinking about that 💔

FIL update, he's not doing well. He's hospitalized with pneumonia and an abces on a hip muscle. But they're treating it, so hopefully he'll get through this.

Also have a TMI question 😅 So I have my period for the first time since getting pregnant. The good thing is that it's not nearly as painful as before, just mild discomfort. But my nether regions (specifically my labia 😅) feel sooooooo heavy, it's like they're going to fall off. I had the same feeling last week (probably PMS'ing) and I do think I had it a few times while pregnant. Anyone else had this before? It kinda feels like I got horse kicked down under 🙃
That sounds so rubbish, given her recent history I’d be getting the gp to check her again!!!
Ours are only a few days apart in age and my little cat just doesn’t want to eat. I think it’s a phase / teething.
But she’s happy in herself and playing and sleeping well, just refusing everything on offer until she’s starving 😂🤷🏼‍♀️
sorry to hear about your FIL.
I’ve had 6 periods (😡) since giving birth and downstairs still doesn’t feel right. I think it’s still traumatised

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Big mum fail today - didn’t take enough bottles/milk out with us 🤦🏻‍♀️

We’d gone for a day out, had a lovely time having lunch, wandering round and seeing all the jubilee stuff. Stopped for a few drinks and I went to feed her only to find my bag empty. So then we had to rush home - we’d gone by train too rather than driving, so that was stress in itself. Got home and baby was fast asleep in the pram 😂

Me and Mr Goss are exhausted from lugging the pram up and down all the stairs at two different stations though as neither of them had lifts!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Big mum fail today - didn’t take enough bottles/milk out with us 🤦🏻‍♀️

We’d gone for a day out, had a lovely time having lunch, wandering round and seeing all the jubilee stuff. Stopped for a few drinks and I went to feed her only to find my bag empty. So then we had to rush home - we’d gone by train too rather than driving, so that was stress in itself. Got home and baby was fast asleep in the pram 😂

Me and Mr Goss are exhausted from lugging the pram up and down all the stairs at two different stations though as neither of them had lifts!
Don’t worry I did that while at home yesterday. Wondered why she was growling at me and suddenly realised at 3pm I hadn’t given her any milk 🤣 she’s down to 2-3 a day anyway but I have no excuse! (She’s on 3 meals a day before I panic anyone 😂)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Kitten has been feverish since Wednesday (around 38°,2 , she was at 38,6° just now). Poor girl is still so slimy (slimey?) and is coughing so often.
Gave her a fruit pouch and shortly after she began puking again 😩
She's in her bed sleeping now.
I'm feeling a bit lost. She still wants to eat and play and is smiling (although way less than usual), so it's probably nothing too bad, but I can't stop worrying because the slime/puking has been going on for a while now and it's her third fever day 😩 Getting flashbacks to her being admitted to the hospital and it just breaks my heart thinking about that 💔

FIL update, he's not doing well. He's hospitalized with pneumonia and an abces on a hip muscle. But they're treating it, so hopefully he'll get through this.

Also have a TMI question 😅 So I have my period for the first time since getting pregnant. The good thing is that it's not nearly as painful as before, just mild discomfort. But my nether regions (specifically my labia 😅) feel sooooooo heavy, it's like they're going to fall off. I had the same feeling last week (probably PMS'ing) and I do think I had it a few times while pregnant. Anyone else had this before? It kinda feels like I got horse kicked down under 🙃
Hope your FIL has a speedy recovery and gets home soon!

The period- I had my first too after 7 months and surprisingly no pain too. I was made up! But yeah I felt like my pubic region was going to fall off. It was an odd period though, heavy for 2 days and then tailed off.. I thought it was going to be horrendous 😂 I hope they stay like this!

• Heart
The baby is 3 months old and I’ve had 2 periods in the last month that’s all. Not bad and not painful but I sat on the bike at the gym and thought my nunny was going to cave in 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Partner has had 3 days off work. He's had man flu the whole time so been in bed 🙄
Then he's given it to all 3 kids. They all started yesterday. And now, the night he goes back to work... I now have it 😑 typical.
He goes back to work and I've got 3 snotty grumpy kids and myself on top to look after 😑😂

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Good to hear it's not uncommon to have heavy lips 😆

@WhatABore so sorry to hear that :( Hope you'll all feel better soon and that the kids aren't too annoying in the meantime.

Little Kitten's at 39.3° 😩 Gave her some pedrolan (similar thing too calpol I think), does seem to work. Hope she'll sleep better now. Poor bub... I do hope she's feeling better soon.

• Heart
I have some formula / bottle feeding questions I wanted to get your guys advice on as we have another week or so until the health visitor is back.

Baby boy is almost 5 weeks old and is having 4/5oz feeds 8 times a day. I'm worried we are overfeeding him as it seems like a lot based on what the formula box says and what I've read online. We try to do paced feeding and don't force him to finish a bottle but he often does.

Over the last few days he is bringing up more milk during feeds - I think he is drinking it a lot quicker and it comes straight back up when we pause to wind him. The teats are also collapsing while he is sucking - which I feel like means he needs a faster flow but again, is he too young?

We are using the closer to nature tommee tippee bottles at the moment. We've been given some small mam bottles, I'm just waiting for new teats to arrive to try them out.

Also wanted to say thanks a lot for the support on my previous posts when I've been struggling. I'm doing a lot better now - not sure if it's just getting used to it all, or helped by the antidepressants but just glad to be over the rough first few weeks either way.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I have some formula / bottle feeding questions I wanted to get your guys advice on as we have another week or so until the health visitor is back.

Baby boy is almost 5 weeks old and is having 4/5oz feeds 8 times a day. I'm worried we are overfeeding him as it seems like a lot based on what the formula box says and what I've read online. We try to do paced feeding and don't force him to finish a bottle but he often does.

Over the last few days he is bringing up more milk during feeds - I think he is drinking it a lot quicker and it comes straight back up when we pause to wind him. The teats are also collapsing while he is sucking - which I feel like means he needs a faster flow but again, is he too young?

We are using the closer to nature tommee tippee bottles at the moment. We've been given some small mam bottles, I'm just waiting for new teats to arrive to try them out.

Also wanted to say thanks a lot for the support on my previous posts when I've been struggling. I'm doing a lot better now - not sure if it's just getting used to it all, or helped by the antidepressants but just glad to be over the rough first few weeks either way.
I can’t offer much practical advice, but the feeds on the box are for the “average” baby, and there is definitely no such thing! Some will need more, some less, and you know your baby the best, so follow your instinct and their lead and you won’t go far wrong xx

• Heart

I'd say follow your baby's needs/lead. There's almost no way to overfeed a baby as they know very well when to stop.
I breastfed, so have no idea how much Kitten drank at a time, but she just drank until she had enough.

Glad you're feeling better ❤

Kitten slept ok, but woke up crying with 38.6° already 😩 She did drink her entire bottle though (240 ml), which was the first time in a while.
She's sleeping again now. She's definitely not feeling too well :(
Ugh, nevermind, she's awake again, crying 😩💔

• Heart
Reactions: 4

It is very very very hard to overfeed a baby.
They won't drink it unless they're hungry.

Everleigh was having 4/5oz every 1-2 hours from 4 weeks old and she was up to 6oz at 8 weeks old. None of my babies have ever had what it says on the tub nor online.
All my babies have been different and all have been perfectly healthy 😊

The teet collapsing is usually to do with the seal in the bottle. Sometimes the air hole doesn't work great. I've always had this issue with tommee tippee for some reason.
Weve used Mam this time and never had an issue.
If it is because he's sucking too hard, he may be better with the Mam bottles as I find their air flow is much better.

The age on the teets is only a guidance and you can up at any time really, especially of you think your baby needs it 😊

• Heart

Please to hear you’re feeling better.

I’d just take his lead, babies can’t over feed themselves they know when they’re full, so if that’s what he wants for now I’d give it to him.

we used to use Tommy tippee. No advice on that as I have teat bingo with mine. All I do is try it but if it doesn’t work and it’s too fast, switch back. X

• Heart
Has anyone here taking the morning after pill whilst breastfeeding?
🥴
Not personally, but I know it’s safe to take Levonelle while bf but not other ones

Why do toddlers hate all of the best things in life? Hates to sleep. Hates most food (except plain pasta, cheese and chips). She hates having her hair brushed (honestly I’d love if someone sat and brushed my hair every day). Hates a nice walk in the countryside.

Yet find something hellish like soft play and she’s delighted

Last edited:
  • Haha
After yesterday’s heavy lips conversation I have another lady parts question … I had an episiotomy 3 months ago during my birth and it healed fine (I think - it was never checked during post birth midwife apps) but it’s suddenly insanely itchy!! Has anyone experienced this before? It doesn’t look infected or anything, it’s just driving me mad. Thank the lord for anonymous Internet forums where you can ask these types of questions 🤣

• Heart
After yesterday’s heavy lips conversation I have another lady parts question … I had an episiotomy 3 months ago during my birth and it healed fine (I think - it was never checked during post birth midwife apps) but it’s suddenly insanely itchy!! Has anyone experienced this before? It doesn’t look infected or anything, it’s just driving me mad. Thank the lord for anonymous Internet forums where you can ask these types of questions 🤣
Scars can be itchy, if there's no pain or redness or other signs of infection I'd maybe try some scar massage.

Sorry tmi but where it is itchy? My pubis is disgustingly itchy and been to the doctors x3 because I literally have to itch mine with a brush!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.