New baby and post birth advice #20 I didn’t choose the pouch life, the pouch life chose me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
One teeny tooth here and no nipple nibbles as of yet 🤞🏻🤞🏻

@Lulu Goss i are MrGoss is currently King of the Knobwaffles. Sorry lovely, that’s just crap. To feel so disposable and cast aside would upset me no end ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I don’t know if I’m completely overreacting here but Mr Goss has just really pissed me off.

Baby is staying at my parents for the first time this Saturday night, as a trial run for when we have to leave her to go to a wedding next month. Mr Goss found out that he got a new job he went for (🥳) so we planned to go out for a meal and drinks in London. We’ve not been out just the two of us since she was born 7 months ago, so I was really looking forward to it. We were then going for a bbq at my mums the next day.

Today his mate text him to say that someone has pulled out of his stag do abroad this weekend and so does he want to go. Originally he wasn’t going because of the cost but now he’ll just need to pay the admin fee to change the flight plus spending money, so immediately he’s all excited saying how he could go.

As soon as I mentioned our plans he was like “we can just do that another time”. This is the only free weekend we have for over a month and we were supposed to be celebrating his new job. Plus if he’s not here baby will stay with me, so that’s changing my parents plans too. It’s not even like I can make plans and have a night out with friends because I literally have no money at the moment.

I get why he wants to go but I feel really upset that he’s so dismissive of doing anything with me. In the last month he’s had two weekends with mates where I’ve been at home with the baby. I just feel like I never get a bleeping break or do anything exciting!
bless you that is absolutely shite. Can you tell him how all this makes you feel as he may be completely oblivious? Hope you're ok lovely, bloody MEN x

Reactions: 3
To all of you who said Greys Anatomy would be nice relaxing TV to watch while off on maternity leave… what the duck?! 😂

So far we’ve had a shooting, a bus crash, brain tumour, bomb explosion, a near drowning and now a plane crash?! Wtf, this is stressful 😂
Sorry….who told you it would be nice relaxing TV? Because whoever did sits on a throne of lies 🤣 love greys but swear to god it takes years off my life with stress (not to be dramatic of course)

• Haha
Reactions: 4
But don't you just love it.
Tell me your thoughts on 007 and the drowning and 300 hours of CPR😂😂
How much of this should I hide behind a spoiler?! 😂
The drowning was an absolute joke. She should be dead! Knew 007 was a goner though - mostly because he was missing with no explanation for the entire episode. Plus they seem to like killing off people when someone is happy. So I’m vaguely sure either Derek or Meredith will kick the bucket soon

Sorry….who told you it would be nice relaxing TV? Because whoever did sits on a throne of lies 🤣 love greys but swear to god it takes years off my life with stress (not to be dramatic of course)
My knobwaffle pointed out I’ve gained a lot of grey hair lately. I retorted it was the stress of living with him, but maybe it was actually GA induced 😂😂

• Haha
How much of this should I hide behind a spoiler?! 😂
The drowning was an absolute joke. She should be dead! Knew 007 was a goner though - mostly because he was missing with no explanation for the entire episode. Plus they seem to like killing off people when someone is happy. So I’m vaguely sure either Derek or Meredith will kick the bucket soon

My knobwaffle pointed out I’ve gained a lot of grey hair lately. I retorted it was the stress of living with him, but maybe it was actually GA induced 😂😂
Honestly, the drowning episode made me question everything I learnt as a student nurse😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 2
Sorry sorry, what was the weaning insta that was recommended? I can’t remember who recommended it 🙈
It wasn’t me but I do like the.toddler.diet!

bless you that is absolutely shite. Can you tell him how all this makes you feel as he may be completely oblivious? Hope you're ok lovely, bloody MEN x
Oh he knows 😂 He keeps coming into the living room to ‘hash it out’ which basically means discussing it non stop until I give in. He’s worked out we could do our night out next Friday instead so while it solves that issue, he doesn’t understand it’s the principle of me feeling second best and the fact I’ll be looking after the baby on my own for three days which is hard work!

• Heart
Thanks everyone. I can tell he’s a bit baffled about why I’m so upset (🙄🙄) so I was starting to wonder if I was being a bit unreasonable.

My mum and dad would happily still have the baby if I wanted them to, so that is an option. I’m just annoyed with him as things had got a bit better with us recently, we’ve not been arguing as much - and then he springs this on me and I just think why do I bother. He keeps saying he wants us to talk about it like adults but what that means is he wants me to say “yes of course, you go I don’t mind” which isn’t going to happen.

I’ve been sat giving him the silent treatment, so much so that I didn’t realise baby has fallen asleep so I’m watching Ben & Holly on my own 😂
You are not overreacting at all ❤

It’s a bit hypocritical of him to say he wants to talk about it like adults when if you boil it down he wants to run off and play with his mates like a kid. You have every right to be upset with him.

I had the fear too, I thought i was going to lose a nipple (thanks @Definitelyme!!) but I still have both nipples and he hasn’t been nibbling recently. Fingers crossed you don’t have any trouble 🤞
haha I’ll forgive her a nip or two but if she tries treating my nipples like Sophie giraffe I’m out 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
😂😂 woah don't start blaming us if you grow two tiny humans that's on you and Mr L.
I'll lend you these for a week, you'll not want more 🤣
You can borrow mine that week too! #quadruplets

Sorry sorry, what was the weaning insta that was recommended? I can’t remember who recommended it 🙈
Solid starts is a good one too if blw interests you

Thanks everyone. I can tell he’s a bit baffled about why I’m so upset (🙄🙄) so I was starting to wonder if I was being a bit unreasonable.

My mum and dad would happily still have the baby if I wanted them to, so that is an option. I’m just annoyed with him as things had got a bit better with us recently, we’ve not been arguing as much - and then he springs this on me and I just think why do I bother. He keeps saying he wants us to talk about it like adults but what that means is he wants me to say “yes of course, you go I don’t mind” which isn’t going to happen.

I’ve been sat giving him the silent treatment, so much so that I didn’t realise baby has fallen asleep so I’m watching Ben & Holly on my own 😂
Not overreacting I would be upset too! Men don’t realise how knackering mentally and physically being a mum is. We all look forward to a little me time as it happen so rarely

Last edited:
  • Haha
I don’t know if I’m completely overreacting here but Mr Goss has just really pissed me off.

Baby is staying at my parents for the first time this Saturday night, as a trial run for when we have to leave her to go to a wedding next month. Mr Goss found out that he got a new job he went for (🥳) so we planned to go out for a meal and drinks in London. We’ve not been out just the two of us since she was born 7 months ago, so I was really looking forward to it. We were then going for a bbq at my mums the next day.

Today his mate text him to say that someone has pulled out of his stag do abroad this weekend and so does he want to go. Originally he wasn’t going because of the cost but now he’ll just need to pay the admin fee to change the flight plus spending money, so immediately he’s all excited saying how he could go.

As soon as I mentioned our plans he was like “we can just do that another time”. This is the only free weekend we have for over a month and we were supposed to be celebrating his new job. Plus if he’s not here baby will stay with me, so that’s changing my parents plans too. It’s not even like I can make plans and have a night out with friends because I literally have no money at the moment.

I get why he wants to go but I feel really upset that he’s so dismissive of doing anything with me. In the last month he’s had two weekends with mates where I’ve been at home with the baby. I just feel like I never get a bleeping break or do anything exciting!

I would feel really disappointed too. It’s like he thinks well I’m alright, I get to go and have a good time anyway never mind you. I’m sorry, that’s really unfair 💖

Reactions: 1
Weaning wide Zaynes Plate is very good as well. I obviously never make a single recipe i see there, but it’s all very nutritious 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Honestly, the drowning episode made me question everything I learnt as a student nurse😂😂😂
Honestly there’s some very questionable medical practice isn’t there?!? Like at one point they’re talking about a twenty week baby that survived… that would be a world record since the most premature baby to ever survive in reality was 22+5. And whenever they’re doing a maternity stint (or ‘OB rotation’ as they call it…) they act like one deceleration on a fetal heart trace is a massive emergency whereas actually it’s really normal….

We got a canvas making thing for hand and foot prints, so I thought I’d give that a go. Why did I think painting a 7 month olds hand would be easy?! Paint everywhere and just a big painty splodge that doesn’t even slightly resemble a hand print on the canvas. Didn’t bother attempting her foot 😂

• Haha
Honestly there’s some very questionable medical practice isn’t there?!? Like at one point they’re talking about a twenty week baby that survived… that would be a world record since the most premature baby to ever survive in reality was 22+5. And whenever they’re doing a maternity stint (or ‘OB rotation’ as they call it…) they act like one deceleration on a fetal heart trace is a massive emergency whereas actually it’s really normal….
Honest to god! They intubated once and I was screaming at the TV because they'd used suction tube as an ET tube😂
It gets better after the airplane crash! You'll be fully grey soon😂

You’re 100% right to be upset. That must feel really disappointing and unfair. Men just don’t understand how hard and isolating and lonely being a mum can be. ❤

We got a canvas making thing for hand and foot prints, so I thought I’d give that a go. Why did I think painting a 7 month olds hand would be easy?! Paint everywhere and just a big painty splodge that doesn’t even slightly resemble a hand print on the canvas. Didn’t bother attempting her foot 😂
I know you want a canvas, but they do ‘no mess’ prints. I done one with the toddler and it came out really well!

D2BC0E4F-C73B-4E97-8A7F-D8186B101A1D.png

Reactions: 2
Feet tend to be easier I find… requires lower levels of obedience from the child 😂

Honest to god! They intubated once and I was screaming at the TV because they'd used suction tube as an ET tube😂
It gets better after the airplane crash! You'll be fully grey soon😂
What about when the woman was crowning, then all of a sudden it wasn’t crowning, then they did a vaginal examination and diagnosed an abdominal tumour (?!) and so did a caesarean! Technically it is possible to do a section after crowning but it requires someone to literally push the baby back up inside the abdomen (thinking about this always makes me want to cross my legs), but you definitely can’t feel the baby’s stomach on a vaginal examination, and nor could you just diagnose a tumour that way either 😂

Actually the list could go on. The midwifery stuff annoys me the most because that’s what I do, and I don’t know nursing procedures as well (so it has to be very thoroughly bonkers for me to notice when it’s wrong). They do have an incredible rate at reviving people though 😂

Last edited:
The Polish axe got its own tick box :ROFLMAO:

baby has woken up with 5(!!!!) teeth😳 and I got an email from work about returning in 12 weeks, I’m not going back but it’s like signalling that I won’t have a baby soon and he’ll be one:cry:

ETA: he had 0 teeth yesterday :cry:
crikey!!! Were there any clues yesterday that they were coming!?

we got a little hand and foot set when my baby was born. It was a bloody nightmare 😱

My husband said the end result would have looked the same if we had just painted a potato and smooshed it about on the card 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 6
@I’mThankyou_ @Borntorun im so glad I’m not a medical professional because I just watch and enjoy Grey’s thinking about how wild it is working in medicine - now you’ve broken the illusion... Though I will say, the musical episode😬 McSteamy > McDreamy

@sodit no, not that I noticed. He woke up quite early in the evening, about 2.5 hours after going to bed and was quite upset but other than that he was just like normal. They don’t seem to have bothered him too much today either🤞

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.