New baby and post birth advice #20 I didn’t choose the pouch life, the pouch life chose me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Mine have worked out how to grab toys and dummies out of each other’s hands. Which is causing lots of tears 🙃
Delightful isn't it🤦🏻‍♀️ I keep finding twin 2 right next to twin 1 at 2am playing with her arm to wake her up🤦🏻‍♀️
I'm so glad I'm not alone with the tears and tantrums of twin fights 🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
@I’mThankyou_ @Dipdab your updates make me want twins, everytime, even when tears and tantrums (from them not you) are involved because it’s so cute. My partner will not thank you for this, I’ve gone from one and done to desperate for twins 😂

@Babyyoda88 good luck! Try and enjoy it 💗

@bottombanana omg alll the teeth!!! Mine is the same, she’s good as gold if I’m out the house, but if she sees me all hell breaks loose 🙄

Ps the temptation to click the axe option and watch the chaos unfold was overwhelming, until I remembered @jackolantern has an axe at which point I decided against it 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
@I’mThankyou_ @Dipdab your updates make me want twins, everytime, even when tears and tantrums (from them not you) are involved because it’s so cute. My partner will not thank you for this, I’ve gone from one and done to desperate for twins 😂

@Babyyoda88 good luck! Try and enjoy it 💗

@bottombanana omg alll the teeth!!! Mine is the same, she’s good as gold if I’m out the house, but if she sees me all hell breaks loose 🙄

Ps the temptation to click the axe option and watch the chaos unfold was overwhelming, until I remembered @jackolantern has an axe at which point I decided against it 😂
😂😂 woah don't start blaming us if you grow two tiny humans that's on you and Mr L.
I'll lend you these for a week, you'll not want more 🤣

Reactions: 1
I've got to say, twins/multiples has always terrified me, and I still feel that way after having two kids! Hats off to all you multiple mamas, it must be so tough at points, I find it hard enough with one at a time!

But they are stinking adorable 🥰

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The ghost chat on the old thread has left me planning on leaving a light on tonight. Not for baby, for me 😂😂

Tomorrow is my first KIT day and I have to leave the baby for the first time and well I DONT WANT TO 😭😭😭😭
So mr annoyed used to tell his mum an old lady used to read to him at night he described her the outfit this went on for years turns out his dads mum died in that house in that exact outfit 😑😑😑😑 his friends used to stay round and one of them asked his mum the next day who the old lady was who came in and checked on them at night also described the outfit same person 🫣

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I don’t know if I’m completely overreacting here but Mr Goss has just really pissed me off.

Baby is staying at my parents for the first time this Saturday night, as a trial run for when we have to leave her to go to a wedding next month. Mr Goss found out that he got a new job he went for (🥳) so we planned to go out for a meal and drinks in London. We’ve not been out just the two of us since she was born 7 months ago, so I was really looking forward to it. We were then going for a bbq at my mums the next day.

Today his mate text him to say that someone has pulled out of his stag do abroad this weekend and so does he want to go. Originally he wasn’t going because of the cost but now he’ll just need to pay the admin fee to change the flight plus spending money, so immediately he’s all excited saying how he could go.

As soon as I mentioned our plans he was like “we can just do that another time”. This is the only free weekend we have for over a month and we were supposed to be celebrating his new job. Plus if he’s not here baby will stay with me, so that’s changing my parents plans too. It’s not even like I can make plans and have a night out with friends because I literally have no money at the moment.

I get why he wants to go but I feel really upset that he’s so dismissive of doing anything with me. In the last month he’s had two weekends with mates where I’ve been at home with the baby. I just feel like I never get a bleeping break or do anything exciting!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 20
I don’t know if I’m completely overreacting here but Mr Goss has just really pissed me off.

Baby is staying at my parents for the first time this Saturday night, as a trial run for when we have to leave her to go to a wedding next month. Mr Goss found out that he got a new job he went for (🥳) so we planned to go out for a meal and drinks in London. We’ve not been out just the two of us since she was born 7 months ago, so I was really looking forward to it. We were then going for a bbq at my mums the next day.

Today his mate text him to say that someone has pulled out of his stag do abroad this weekend and so does he want to go. Originally he wasn’t going because of the cost but now he’ll just need to pay the admin fee to change the flight plus spending money, so immediately he’s all excited saying how he could go.

As soon as I mentioned our plans he was like “we can just do that another time”. This is the only free weekend we have for over a month and we were supposed to be celebrating his new job. Plus if he’s not here baby will stay with me, so that’s changing my parents plans too. It’s not even like I can make plans and have a night out with friends because I literally have no money at the moment.

I get why he wants to go but I feel really upset that he’s so dismissive of doing anything with me. In the last month he’s had two weekends with mates where I’ve been at home with the baby. I just feel like I never get a bleeping break or do anything exciting!
You are not over reacting at all.
Mr Goss is top of the knobwaffle leader board for thinking this is acceptable!!!!

• Heart

definitely not overreacting. It’s your first chance at having some time as a couple rather than parents he should want to spend that time with you. It’s always men that would behave like that too, he’s not thought about how that will affect everyone else and he definitely hasn’t thought about your feelings. I’m sorry he’s been such a dick. I hope he actually uses his bleeping brain and doesn’t go so you can enjoy some time not being “mummy”

Reactions: 4

That is not on! From your previous posts, it’s not like this is a one-off which I would kind of understand, but it seems like he regularly can find the time/money to see his friends but not to do things with you. Could you take baby to your parents anyway and just have an evening in, relaxing maybe a diy spa Evening, or even book yourself a little twilight spa expense (I know you said you’re watching your money, but if he can constantly treat himself I think you deserve it as a one off too!) I know that doesn’t resolve the issue of him being a prize knobwaffle, but it’ll give you some time away from being a mum 💗

I definitely think he should at least give you enough money for you to have a night out with friends, it’s probably a fraction of what he’d be spending on drinks on the stag! Men really don’t seem to have the responsibilities we do do they?!

Reactions: 6

Gold medal standard knobwaffle for Mr Goss today. Sorry he’s being an hole lovely ❤ Could you not still send the baby to your mums as you needed to for a trial run and then have a nice little pamper evening alone and just veg out a bit with nothing to worry about?

Thanks everyone. I can tell he’s a bit baffled about why I’m so upset (🙄🙄) so I was starting to wonder if I was being a bit unreasonable.

My mum and dad would happily still have the baby if I wanted them to, so that is an option. I’m just annoyed with him as things had got a bit better with us recently, we’ve not been arguing as much - and then he springs this on me and I just think why do I bother. He keeps saying he wants us to talk about it like adults but what that means is he wants me to say “yes of course, you go I don’t mind” which isn’t going to happen.

I’ve been sat giving him the silent treatment, so much so that I didn’t realise baby has fallen asleep so I’m watching Ben & Holly on my own 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Gold medal standard knobwaffle for Mr Goss today. Sorry he’s being an hole lovely ❤ Could you not still send the baby to your mums as you needed to for a trial run and then have a nice little pamper evening alone and just veg out a bit with nothing to worry about?
Gold medal for Sailor for a top idea 👏 sorry to hear Mr Goss is being a cock face xx

• Heart
Reactions: 2
To all of you who said Greys Anatomy would be nice relaxing TV to watch while off on maternity leave… what the duck?! 😂

So far we’ve had a shooting, a bus crash, brain tumour, bomb explosion, a near drowning and now a plane crash?! Wtf, this is stressful 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
To all of you who said Greys Anatomy would be nice relaxing TV to watch while off on maternity leave… what the duck?! 😂

So far we’ve had a shooting, a bus crash, brain tumour, bomb explosion, a near drowning and now a plane crash?! Wtf, this is stressful 😂
But don't you just love it.
Tell me your thoughts on 007 and the drowning and 300 hours of CPR😂😂

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.