New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
18 days PP after episiotomy and forcep delivery..
And did the deed with the mister
I swear felt like the first time I was ever having sex with him again because I was so nervous πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
I waited 3 months after my first πŸ˜‚
And it was still painful. But I had heck of a lot of bruising.

This time I only waited 4 weeks but I thought that was quick πŸ˜‚

You are brave!

Reactions: 5
bloody hell you lot are keen! I’ve told my husband we have all our babies, I have no need for that sort of business anymore πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Yea I'm a horn dog as my partner says πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I was shocked at how not painful and normal it felt, I was worried it was going to feel like waving a stick around a tunnel πŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Does anyone have any teething recommendations for a 3 month old? I've tried Ashton parsons powder, she wears Amber beads (not really helping) and she's not that interested in teething toys yet! She's crying in pain whilst chomping down on her hand and chews her bottle teat. She doesn't take a dummy but I tried her with it a few days ago and she chewed on it then fell asleep so must have helped her but since then she spits it out 🀣

Reactions: 2
Does anyone have any teething recommendations for a 3 month old? I've tried Ashton parsons powder, she wears Amber beads (not really helping) and she's not that interested in teething toys yet! She's crying in pain whilst chomping down on her hand and chews her bottle teat. She doesn't take a dummy but I tried her with it a few days ago and she chewed on it then fell asleep so must have helped her but since then she spits it out 🀣
Anbesol liquid is amazing! You can get it from chemists only thing that worked for my little boy edited to say it can only be used from 5 months sorry πŸ™ˆ

Reactions: 3
Yea I'm a horn dog as my partner says πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I was shocked at how not painful and normal it felt, I was worried it was going to feel like waving a stick around a tunnel πŸ˜‚
I'm the same 😬🀣 didn't wait at all 🀣

Muslin in the freezer and let her Chew!

I swear felt like the first time I was ever having sex with him again because I was so nervous πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
[/QUOTE]
Omg I'm so jealous!! Im 4 weeks pp with the same delivery and I'm in so much pain still.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Just seen your comment about being a horn dog πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I think we were about a similar sort of time. I had no tears but the first time I just felt really bruised inside. That went away about a week later though

Reactions: 1
My last two were sections so not the same worry about a sore vag, but omg I remember with my first (episiotomy, tear, stitches) trying to have sex and thinking they had sewed me up because it was so sore 🀣 I had a smear a few months after she was born and remember mentioning it to the dr and she basically rammed her whole hand up and was like β€œit’s fine, he won’t be bigger than my whole fist so he’ll fit” 🀣🀣

Same! My partner will be lucky to see my foof before Christmas, cba!
Christmas gift for him 🀣🀣🀣

Omg I'm so jealous!! Im 4 weeks pp with the same delivery and I'm in so much pain still.
are you constantly sore? You should mention to your gp at your 6 week check, or beforehand if it’s very bad.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
My last two were sections so not the same worry about a sore vag, but omg I remember with my first (episiotomy, tear, stitches) trying to have sex and thinking they had sewed me up because it was so sore 🀣 I had a smear a few months after she was born and remember mentioning it to the dr and she basically rammed her whole hand up and was like β€œit’s fine, he won’t be bigger than my whole fist so he’ll fit” 🀣🀣

Christmas gift for him 🀣🀣🀣

are you constantly sore? You should mention to your gp at your 6 week check, or beforehand if it’s very bad.
Yes hun,it seems to be just where the stitches were now. Everything else looks normal and has cleared up but it's just so sore where I was stitched up,I don't know what to do. Iv not even taken baby out for a walk in the pram yet as it hurts so much. In fact there's alot of things I can't do because of it and jts really getting me down and spoiling thr experience of having a newborn. So many things I want to do that I can't,I get so jealous seeing new mums going places and doing things and I can't xxxx

• Heart
Yes hun,it seems to be just where the stitches were now. Everything else looks normal and has cleared up but it's just so sore where I was stitched up,I don't know what to do. Iv not even taken baby out for a walk in the pram yet as it hurts so much. In fact there's alot of things I can't do because of it and jts really getting me down and spoiling thr experience of having a newborn. So many things I want to do that I can't,I get so jealous seeing new mums going places and doing things and I can't xxxx
That sounds really awful, sending you loads of love. If I were you I’d be phoning the GP today. It isn’t normal to still be so sore from stitches that you can’t go for a walk after 4 weeks. I know with bruising and trauma things can be tender for a while, but sounds like a lot more than that.X

Need a rant 🀣
Really pissed at my partner....I've not washed my hair for 10 days (not through lack of trying btw πŸ™ˆ and I have the thickest hair on the planet so it takes me about 2 hours from start to finish) so my partner said you do that this morning and I'll watch the wee one. So here I am two hours later with still wet hair, while he fannies about with the car. He finally comes up to take her and she needs a feed so here I will be for another 40 mins feeding, I've expressed plenty of milk for him to bottle feed her with nut of course she's screaming and needs fed ASAP . I've got guests coming at 1pm aswell πŸ™„
I had her ALL day yesterday (which obviously I don't mind, I love her) but just wish sometimes he would offer to have her for a wee bit so I could nip out or anything! All I asked for was a couple hours to do my hair 😭😭😭 I got a dyson air wrap for my bday 2 weeks ago and really want to use it 🀣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Need a rant 🀣
Really pissed at my partner....I've not washed my hair for 10 days (not through lack of trying btw πŸ™ˆ and I have the thickest hair on the planet so it takes me about 2 hours from start to finish) so my partner said you do that this morning and I'll watch the wee one. So here I am two hours later with still wet hair, while he fannies about with the car. He finally comes up to take her and she needs a feed so here I will be for another 40 mins feeding, I've expressed plenty of milk for him to bottle feed her with nut of course she's screaming and needs fed ASAP . I've got guests coming at 1pm aswell πŸ™„
I had her ALL day yesterday (which obviously I don't mind, I love her) but just wish sometimes he would offer to have her for a wee bit so I could nip out or anything! All I asked for was a couple hours to do my hair 😭😭😭 I got a dyson air wrap for my bday 2 weeks ago and really want to use it 🀣
Sounds about right 😰 I often feel like the default setting is kids with mum. Like if we are all in the same room my husband would just wander off and start doing something that could take an hour. If I even need to go to the toilet I have to say to him to make sure he’s watching the baby. He’s a great dad, but I feel that it’s expensive he’s that mum is always going to be with the kids so dads don’t have to be, if that makes sense?

Reactions: 7
That sounds really awful, sending you loads of love. If I were you I’d be phoning the GP today. It isn’t normal to still be so sore from stitches that you can’t go for a walk after 4 weeks. I know with bruising and trauma things can be tender for a while, but sounds like a lot more than that.X
Thanks hun. I took your advice and rang the doctors. Waiting for a phone appointment!!πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆI did say 'don't you think someone needs to see it in person??!!' Apparently not. Hope they don't want me to get my foof out on camera!!🀣🀣🀣😳😳😳😳😳

• Haha
Thanks hun. I took your advice and rang the doctors. Waiting for a phone appointment!!πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆI did say 'don't you think someone needs to see it in person??!!' Apparently not. Hope they don't want me to get my foof out on camera!!🀣🀣🀣😳😳😳😳😳
I hate that at the minute. Get your phone appointment for the dr to say β€œoh I’ll need to see you in person” πŸ™„ hope you get to speak to them soon x

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Sounds about right 😰 I often feel like the default setting is kids with mum. Like if we are all in the same room my husband would just wander off and start doing something that could take an hour. If I even need to go to the toilet I have to say to him to make sure he’s watching the baby. He’s a great dad, but I feel that it’s expensive he’s that mum is always going to be with the kids so dads don’t have to be, if that makes sense?
Definitely! I almost feel guilty asking for an hour to do something whereas he defo wouldn't 🀣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I hate that at the minute. Get your phone appointment for the dr to say β€œoh I’ll need to see you in person” πŸ™„ hope you get to speak to them soon x
Thanks hun but what a waste of time! He justbszid unless it's smelling or oozing (infected) all I can do is wait. He said to gently massage where the scar tissue is, but that was all he said. But I'm in so much pain when I sit or walk. It's so sore and tender . It's getting me so down as I can't even take babyb for a walk. I feel like crying most days at the moment as the pain is really quite bad. I just want to go back to normal and be able to look after my baby without being in pain xx

• Angry
  • Heart
  • Sad
Id a forceps delivery as well and an episiotomy but I’d a 4th degree tear as well I waited to 4 months as had trouble with healing but was scared shitless the first time but it was fine thankfully πŸ˜… I’d heard for some people it can be really painful I think if I’d have done it earlier it would have been no way could I have done it at 18 days pp your brave πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.