New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks hun but what a waste of time! He justbszid unless it's smelling or oozing (infected) all I can do is wait. He said to gently massage where the scar tissue is, but that was all he said. But I'm in so much pain when I sit or walk. It's so sore and tender . It's getting me so down as I can't even take babyb for a walk. I feel like crying most days at the moment as the pain is really quite bad. I just want to go back to normal and be able to look after my baby without being in pain xx
Tbh I would phone again tomorrow and say you aren’t happy because it’s affecting your mental health because you are so sore, and that you want properly checked out. That’s shocking “service”.

Reactions: 1
Thanks hun but what a waste of time! He justbszid unless it's smelling or oozing (infected) all I can do is wait. He said to gently massage where the scar tissue is, but that was all he said. But I'm in so much pain when I sit or walk. It's so sore and tender . It's getting me so down as I can't even take babyb for a walk. I feel like crying most days at the moment as the pain is really quite bad. I just want to go back to normal and be able to look after my baby without being in pain xx
mine got infected 3 days after I gave birth and then healed and then started opening again around 9 weeks pp and the only thing that worked was bathing it in salt water once a day it dried it out and healed really quickly mine was sore for about 3 months sorry to say but I’d a 4th degree tear as well but my perineum was sore for months 🙈🙈 I couldn’t walk for about 3 weeks and couldn’t even take my daughter a walk in the pram until about 5 weeks pp

Does anyone have any teething recommendations for a 3 month old? I've tried Ashton parsons powder, she wears Amber beads (not really helping) and she's not that interested in teething toys yet! She's crying in pain whilst chomping down on her hand and chews her bottle teat. She doesn't take a dummy but I tried her with it a few days ago and she chewed on it then fell asleep so must have helped her but since then she spits it out 🤣
My daughter isn't interested in teething toys however, I bought a matchstick monkey teether, and she's been chomping in it for the past month 😂 they're quite pricy but it's been so worth it

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Ladies do you have any advice on reflux babies? My little one has refused to settle today after a feed from 9am-12 and tonight since 7 😔 I’ve been looking online at signs of reflux and she pretty much ticks all the boxes. I’m honestly pulling my hair out, can’t deal with the constant crying unless she’s on my chest

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Ladies do you have any advice on reflux babies? My little one has refused to settle today after a feed from 9am-12 and tonight since 7 😔 I’ve been looking online at signs of reflux and she pretty much ticks all the boxes. I’m honestly pulling my hair out, can’t deal with the constant crying unless she’s on my chest
If you pop her in a sling after feeds it will kept her upright but leave your hands free.

My last two were sections so not the same worry about a sore vag, but omg I remember with my first (episiotomy, tear, stitches) trying to have sex and thinking they had sewed me up because it was so sore 🤣 I had a smear a few months after she was born and remember mentioning it to the dr and she basically rammed her whole hand up and was like “it’s fine, he won’t be bigger than my whole fist so he’ll fit” 🤣🤣

Christmas gift for him 🤣🤣🤣

are you constantly sore? You should mention to your gp at your 6 week check, or beforehand if it’s very bad.
Omg. I had a smear 12 weeks after my 3rd degree tear. I said I was still really sore... She rammed the thing in 😑😑 I was clenching the bed 😂😐

• Wow
My daughter isn't interested in teething toys however, I bought a matchstick monkey teether, and she's been chomping in it for the past month 😂 they're quite pricy but it's been so worth it
We don’t have any teething toys (my kids have always just popped teeth through with no bother ) but I do like the look of the matchstick monkeys as littleMe is still so cack handed at holding stuff, so good to know babies like them!

Yes hun,it seems to be just where the stitches were now. Everything else looks normal and has cleared up but it's just so sore where I was stitched up,I don't know what to do. Iv not even taken baby out for a walk in the pram yet as it hurts so much. In fact there's alot of things I can't do because of it and jts really getting me down and spoiling thr experience of having a newborn. So many things I want to do that I can't,I get so jealous seeing new mums going places and doing things and I can't xxxx
I had this with my second and couldn't understand why people were saying they were walking around easily after having stitches.

My friend had 2 of the same deliveries, both episiotomy. First one, up the next day, second one, couldn't walk for the first couple of weeks and took around 6 or 7 weeks to not have pain when standing.
This is what I had.

Turns out it was actually all the bruising.
Mine was from them not listening to me when I said I needed to push. Told me not to.

I've had a lot of success with infant gaviscon, you need to get it prescribed though. I feel for you, it is bleeping brutal x

My mum bought my little one a match stick monkey and he LOVES it. It’s so easy for tiny hands to grab. You’re right though, I didn’t realise how much they were!

Reactions: 2
Ooh I've never heard of those match stick monkeys! I will invest when the girly starts teething. I was one of those idiots that bought Sophie the giraffe for my son then realised how manky they are inside 🤢🤢 bad move!!

Ooh I've never heard of those match stick monkeys! I will invest when the girly starts teething. I was one of those idiots that bought Sophie the giraffe for my son then realised how manky they are inside 🤢🤢 bad move!!
We had one for my eldest and the outside was so grubby no matter how much I cleaned it! I hated it, but I still see people having them on a must have lost all the time.

My girl isn't interested in matchstick monkey, monkey or the flat face thing in the gift set but she gnaws away on Sophie la giraffe 🙈
We were gifted a lovely box with 10 teethers from Amazon, all different shapes, not interested in any of them but I just got a little pack of 3 water filled ones from Morrisons or £2 and she's loving them - same principle as the keys you can refrigerate but easier to hold.
Fill your own freezer pop bag/moulds with milk in have helped a bit but we're really going through it at the min too.

Have you tried her with a dummy - apparently it can help x

Thanks all! Matchstick monkey bought - thank god for prime 🤣

I had my smear today and had to call the Dr's last week to ask for it to be a double appointment for contraception as my coil came out and she said that's fine and changed the date. The nurse today tells me she can't give me any contraception as I need to speak with the Dr who's off for 2 weeks annual leave 🙄 what a bloody hassle! Least the smears done though

Hello first time posting in here, not had baby yet so don’t kick me out! Just wondering if you’ve any advice on medicines safe from birth / early on that you recommend I have in just in case of anything? I’m a bit clueless about what might come up and what I might need.

• Heart
Hello first time posting in here, not had baby yet so don’t kick me out! Just wondering if you’ve any advice on medicines safe from birth / early on that you recommend I have in just in case of anything? I’m a bit clueless about what might come up and what I might need.
For the baby?
There isn't any I don't think. 🤔
Calpol can only be used after 2 months, but it'll come around quick and they advise to give it after your 8 week jabs 😊

As @WhatABore says you can’t give calpol until 2 months. A thermometer would be a good shout though, but I wouldnt Say there are any actual medicines you would need to have in, for a newborn any medicine would be prescribed as needed I should imagine

Thank you both! Have a thermometer in the healthcare kit so that’s good. Just wanted to double check I wasn’t missing anything. Thanks :)

Thank you both! Have a thermometer in the healthcare kit so that’s good. Just wanted to double check I wasn’t missing anything. Thanks :)
Not strictly medicine related, but a baby nail file is a good shout! Ive yet to meet anyone who hasn’t managed to nip baby’s fingers with the stupid baby nail clippers

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Not strictly medicine related, but a baby nail file is a good shout! Ive yet to meet anyone who hasn’t managed to nip baby’s fingers with the stupid baby nail clippers
3 out of 4 babies in this house had their fingers mutilated on the first cutting 🙈🙈🙈

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.