New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I went for my GP appointment to talk about my PTSD & possible PND. From the minute I walked in she was rude & dismissive. I poured my heart out but was told that everything that happened to me was ‘standard birth’
If you can call having an emergency C-section at 35 weeks, under general anaesthesia, a post partum heammorhage losing nearly a litre of blood, a 2 day hospital stay in intensive care having blood transfusions, hadn’t met my baby for his first 48 hours, & went on to have further complications due to negligence from my consultant during the two lots of surgery I had, ‘standard’ then ok, perhaps I’m being irrational.
I’ve been referred to well-being and expect a 12 week wait, she will also write to my consultant who made the cock ups during surgery to see if I can be referred quicker.
tbh I’ve come away feeling worse, and that how I feel is completely irrelevant! She kept emphasising that my baby is fine & not spending weeks on end in NICU. I get that, of course I’m grateful but I’m reaching out cause I’m suffering now, it’s hit me really hard, I want some professional help cause I’m constantly fighting with my mind every single day!
Oh and to top things off, she also said ‘don’t let this put you off having another baby’ I replied ‘this baby was conceived by IVF, and it took a Long time to get to this point’ she replied with the usual ‘it could happen naturally for you, you never know’
Is that unprofessional or is it just me? 🙃 had she read my notes she would of seen that I’m infertile, Fallopian tubes blocked, PCOS, & riddled with endometriosis!
I cried the whole way home & struggling to get out of this bad mood she’s put me in!
I was few mins late, which I apologised for but I feel like maybe that was what annoyed her, and it was a bad start.
I’m so sorry to read that this has happened to you, absolutely agree with everyone that has said you must put in a formal complaint.
is there anyway you could make an appointment with a different GP, sooner rather than later?
Do you could have someone you trust that could come with you for some support.
There isn’t much we can all do on here but always know that we are here.

Reactions: 1
I’m so sorry to read that this has happened to you, absolutely agree with everyone that has said you must put in a formal complaint.
is there anyway you could make an appointment with a different GP, sooner rather than later?
Do you could have someone you trust that could come with you for some support.
There isn’t much we can all do on here but always know that we are here.
I’m going to write a letter this weekend & send to the practice manager. Can’t see me getting anywhere with it but it’s worth a try. I usually see the doctor that helped me during my pregnancy and post natal, but she wasn’t free for a few weeks so I just went with whoever was free. Wish I waited now 😔

• Heart
Reactions: 4
So I had the breast feeding consultation this morning, she was AMAZING. Given me so much confidence and help for feeding without the nipple shields, don't feel as hopeless about it all now. So glad I did it, even though it was pretty expensive it was totally worth it I think!

• Heart
Reactions: 9
So I went for my GP appointment to talk about my PTSD & possible PND. From the minute I walked in she was rude & dismissive. I poured my heart out but was told that everything that happened to me was ‘standard birth’
If you can call having an emergency C-section at 35 weeks, under general anaesthesia, a post partum heammorhage losing nearly a litre of blood, a 2 day hospital stay in intensive care having blood transfusions, hadn’t met my baby for his first 48 hours, & went on to have further complications due to negligence from my consultant during the two lots of surgery I had, ‘standard’ then ok, perhaps I’m being irrational.
I’ve been referred to well-being and expect a 12 week wait, she will also write to my consultant who made the cock ups during surgery to see if I can be referred quicker.
tbh I’ve come away feeling worse, and that how I feel is completely irrelevant! She kept emphasising that my baby is fine & not spending weeks on end in NICU. I get that, of course I’m grateful but I’m reaching out cause I’m suffering now, it’s hit me really hard, I want some professional help cause I’m constantly fighting with my mind every single day!
Oh and to top things off, she also said ‘don’t let this put you off having another baby’ I replied ‘this baby was conceived by IVF, and it took a Long time to get to this point’ she replied with the usual ‘it could happen naturally for you, you never know’
Is that unprofessional or is it just me? 🙃 had she read my notes she would of seen that I’m infertile, Fallopian tubes blocked, PCOS, & riddled with endometriosis!
I cried the whole way home & struggling to get out of this bad mood she’s put me in!
I was few mins late, which I apologised for but I feel like maybe that was what annoyed her, and it was a bad start.
Thats an absolute disgrace. You would think as a woman she would be more understanding and have a bit more empathy. I would keep on at them, see if you can get to see a different GP and defiantly put a complaint in about that. Im so sorry that happened to you

Please put in a formal complaint against the gp and contact PALs regarding your hospital care, you can have a birth debrief. I had to do it and they changed the way they deal with these things.

So I had the breast feeding consultation this morning, she was AMAZING. Given me so much confidence and help for feeding without the nipple shields, don't feel as hopeless about it all now. So glad I did it, even though it was pretty expensive it was totally worth it I think!
That’s great news!!

This is amazing I’m so pleased for you. I WISH I knew this was a thing when I was struggling 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 2
This is amazing I’m so pleased for you. I WISH I knew this was a thing when I was struggling 😭
To be fair I didn't know it was a thing until someone mentioned it on this thread or the pregnancy thread. These things should be much more publicised for definite!

To be fair I didn't know it was a thing until someone mentioned it on this thread or the pregnancy thread. These things should be much more publicised for definite!
Absolutely! My heslth visitor was a bag of tit when I was struggling 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Husband is out for the evening... this means 1 thing only.

baby is in bed, I’ve cleaned the bathroom & kitchen and nowwwwww I can chill ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Husband is out for the evening... this means 1 thing only.

baby is in bed, I’ve cleaned the bathroom & kitchen and nowwwwww I can chill ☺
I hope baby sleeps soundly so you can enjoy the alone time! Nothing quite like a few minutes of the day all to yourself 🥰

• Heart
Got me a screaming banshee tonight 😩 he went absolutely apeshit for an hour, and he’s a LOUD crier, just exactly when no2 and no3 were trying to go to sleep 🤦🏻‍♀️ He’s asleep in the sling now but keeps threatening to start again so I’m just wandering the house like a nomad, in fear 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Got me a screaming banshee tonight 😩 he went absolutely apeshit for an hour, and he’s a LOUD crier, just exactly when no2 and no3 were trying to go to sleep 🤦🏻‍♀️ He’s asleep in the sling now but keeps threatening to start again so I’m just wandering the house like a nomad, in fear 🤣
Good luck!! Thinking of you 😂🙊 xx

Is it a full moon? I’ve got one refusing to sleep. I’ve given up after an hour and we’re back up. She’s knackered but resisting it so much. A routine starts next week!

Is it a full moon? I’ve got one refusing to sleep. I’ve given up after an hour and we’re back up. She’s knackered but resisting it so much. A routine starts next week!
Hopefully she settles ASAP.

Mine is finally asleep in bed 🙌🏻

• Heart
Think it must be - baby girl slept 6 hours last night 😁 tonight she’s on her third wake up since 11.30 😭

• Heart
Baby is 3 days old and just won’t be put down in his crib at night. He settles on us and is asleep and then it doesn’t matter if we swaddle, use white noise etc, he wakes instantly and cries.

I know he is tiny but I’m so worried about falling asleep holding him. I’m guessing all this is normal but wow, it’s exhausting

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.