New baby and post birth advice #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm a bit worried. I've had my first period since giving birth, it's 5 days now and not letting up at all. I'm bleeding heavily and passing clots (not bigger than a 50p),changing my pad every hour and still managed to bleed through my trousers 2 times today. I noticed last night one of the strings on my coil was hanging out a bit (approx 1.5inch), been getting bad cramps (put it down to first period after baby and forgot how brutal it is) and feeling so uncomfy below, sudden pain coming and going. Went to the toilet for the 2816638 time today and now 1 coil string is hanging out no joke about 7inches, and the other string is out about 1 inch.

Does anyone know if it's normal for this to happen during periods? I'm a bit worried now in case it's my body rejecting it 3months later. I got it inserted after my section, already had 1 string trimmed at the hosp when I had an infection and it came down then a week later the other came down and needed to get that trimmed. I'm due my smear in a week so was gonna get them to double check for me at that but now this has happened I'm a bit confused!!
I can't comment on the coil, but I'd say that doesn't sound normal.

However, my first period this time was 12 days long and really heavy for 90% of it!
I had 8 days break and then it kindly sent me a second, week long one. 😑

• Wow
Reactions: 2
Thank you all, I'm waiting on the Dr calling me back. I just hate when I feel like I might me worrying over nothing etc!
@Hairraiser I've just had a read back and can totally relate. I've been humming and hawing about a mooncup for years but think I might give it a go!

So I have a coil for the first time. My GP went through some things that are signs somethings not quite right, one being you shouldn’t be seeing strings, you should be able to feel them a few inches inside. Tthe second that it could be passed during a particularly heavy period and to check you can feel the strings when it’s finished.
I would make an urgent appointment to see your nurse/gp to have it looked At, period or no period. Also avoid any unprotected sex until you’ve been seen if you wish to not get pregnant.
This is the 3rd time the strings has visibly came out of me 😵 the first time I called triage due to bleeding and the string hanging out, I got the impression she thought I was lying. I was in hosp 6 hours and the Dr came around and said he needed to check but the string shouldn't be out at all, lifted the covers and low and behold this long blue string hanging out of me 😂 he quickly cut it and picked up that I had an infection. The next time she cut the string to a length where I could feel it inside and was a good length. Now at least 7inches of one string and 1 inch of the other is visibly hanging out now too. I'm scared it catches on my pad haha, I've checked and can't actually feel the coil itself. Just waiting on the Dr calling me back!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Just seen the story of the (probably) new Guinness world record for earliest walking child!
19 weeks and been standing on her own since 16 weeks!
I thought the rolling was annoying enough. But walking at this age?!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Just seen the story of the (probably) new Guinness world record for earliest walking child!
Nope. No thanks 😂 totally fine with my non rolling baby over here

That is very scary!! My little one started crawling last week at just under 7 months and that's hard work enough as it is :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

19 weeks?!? How?! That doesn’t sound right to me at all 😬😬😬 creepy!

ETA: ok I just googled and the baby is a little cutie!

Hey, does anyone have any knowledge with calorie counting and breastfeeding. I need to loose some weight it’s really getting me down but want to be careful and not loose my milk supply. I’ve been doing 1750 a day to start with and seems okay but only lost 1lb in a week. Do you reckon I can go any lower?

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Hey, does anyone have any knowledge with calorie counting and breastfeeding. I need to loose some weight it’s really getting me down but want to be careful and not loose my milk supply. I’ve been doing 1750 a day to start with and seems okay but only lost 1lb in a week. Do you reckon I can go any lower?
It’s horrible feeling so down about your body, I’m in a similar place. I know that groups like weight watchers and slimming world give you extra allowances for breastfeeding, so maybe checking out info on that would be a place to start?

• Heart
I’m not breastfeeding but have been calorie counting since February. Remember if you lose 1lb a week that would be 52lbs in a year ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 3
1lb a week would be the best thing to aim for.
Any more and you run the risk of gaining it back so much quicker/easier

It’s horrible feeling so down about your body, I’m in a similar place. I know that groups like weight watchers and slimming world give you extra allowances for breastfeeding, so maybe checking out info on that would be a place to start?
Thank you tried them both before but it’s worth a shot thank you
1lb a week would be the best thing to aim for.
Any more and you run the risk of gaining it back so much quicker/easier
I’m not breastfeeding but have been calorie counting since February. Remember if you lose 1lb a week that would be 52lbs in a year ☺
That’s true thank you, just feels such a teeny amount 😣 im just scared im going to big forever I know that’s silly I got back down last time but something feels different this time.

• Heart
Thank you tried them both before but it’s worth a shot thank you

That’s true thank you, just feels such a teeny amount 😣 im just scared im going to big forever I know that’s silly I got back down last time but something feels different this time.
It feels like such a slow process. And it is. But you'll get there in the end. And you're more likely to mess it up if you're cutting yourself too low.
Better to get there slow than not at all.

I do talk from soem experience, between my first and second child, I lost 9 stone ❤

• Heart
It feels like such a slow process. And it is. But you'll get there in the end. And you're more likely to mess it up if you're cutting yourself too low.

I do talk from soem experience, between my first and second child, I lost 9 stone ❤
Wow what an amazing loss! You’re an inspiration. I need to lose about 5 stone to be a healthy weight but can’t even bring myself to start and fail!

• Heart

Wow that’s amazing!! Well done! Okay I will stick with slow and steady 🥰

• Heart
Wow what an amazing loss! You’re an inspiration. I need to lose about 5 stone to be a healthy weight but can’t even bring myself to start and fail!
I'm still not classed as a 'healthy weight'
Don't think I ever will be! But I went with how I felt!
I've been put on diets since I was 6 so the constant starting and failing, I completely get! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I'm still not classed as a 'healthy weight'
Don't think I ever will be! But I went with how I felt!
I've been put on diets since I was 6 so the constant starting and failing, I completely get! ❤
Yoi were put on a diet at 6? 😢 that’s horrendous ❤. I’m actually reading “Body Happy Kids” at the minute which is about raising kids away from the diet culture, and the culture that looks are all important, and some of the stats in it are scary, kids as young as 3 who are mentioning negative things about their body.

Yoi were put on a diet at 6? 😢 that’s horrendous ❤. I’m actually reading “Body Happy Kids” at the minute which is about raising kids away from the diet culture, and the culture that looks are all important, and some of the stats in it are scary, kids as young as 3 who are mentioning negative things about their body.
Ohh that's interesting! I might have a look at that!
I spend my days worrying and trying to avoid giving my kids the same issues I had!

That sounds interesting! I’m really keen to teach this, i remember at 8 my grandma calling me fat and poking me in the stomach and ive been image aware ever since sadly. Ive already said to my partner we need to be careful.
Also ever since having my little girl ive realised my mum never taught me about periods etc I would just have a pack of pads arrive in my knicker drawer every few weeks I had to rely on friends to teach me and I don’t want to repeat that. Even now at 30 and 2 kids it’s never been spoken about or sex I want to be more open.

sorry to tangent! But also amazed you have time to read with 4 kids!! 👏🏼

That sounds interesting! I’m really keen to teach this, i remember at 8 my grandma calling me fat and poking me in the stomach and ive been image aware ever since sadly. Ive already said to my partner we need to be careful.
Also ever since having my little girl ive realised my mum never taught me about periods etc I would just have a pack of pads arrive in my knicker drawer every few weeks I had to rely on friends to teach me and I don’t want to repeat that. Even now at 30 and 2 kids it’s never been spoken about or sex I want to be more open.

sorry to tangent! But also amazed you have time to read with 4 kids!! 👏🏼
It was like this for me as a kid too.
As an adult, I still don't talk about periods or sex or anything.
Where as my partner is the complete opposite in all aspects.
He's never had food issues, he's always been an 'average' weight and they've always been open about sex and things like that!

• Heart
Stuff like this really worries me 😞 I struggled with eating for almost half my life and I’m so conscious of having a positive normal attitude, especially infront of my boy when he grows up. My in laws have made a couple of comments about his weight infront of him and it’s really pissed me off to the point where I actually tell them. Obviously I know he doesn’t understand but I don’t want them to think it’s ok. He’s on the 98th centile but totally in proportion - ironic because my MIL is a fat duck.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.