New baby and post birth advice #17 Vegetable Oil Tantrums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Random recommendation but I have only had silver nursing cups for about 3 days but so far really recommend them, I think they are healing my poor cracked nipples way quicker than they healed up last time! Not cheap but totally worth it if they work!

Reactions: 4
They are a bunch of dick heads 😂😂😂

Yeah I’m logging everything. We’ve done 10 this morning. So now in 24 hours that 71 burps. Now im a human being an I know that’s not normal.
I live in a big town, im not entirely sure where my next a&e would be.
i filmed her feeds for the feeding team who had never heard about the elevated side laying position and I had to send her the link to difficult feeders. So I have no faith in this system any more.
I’ve asked for my health visitor to call me. See what she says.
its so bad when you have to log everything to prove you’re not insane x
I know it can be annoying but is it worth changing doctors? We have one in the area that’s good and one that’s terrible and the care difference is massive.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Not sure where in the country you are? If you’re near North London I can really recommend Barnet hospital/ royal free trust they have been excellent for us
I’m in the midlands but have family near London x

Orange does it too I always wonder what she’s thinking about x

I don’t think I would ever buy my own dog I know it sounds crazy but you can’t take dogs everywhere with you like you can with a baby I personally love animals dogs especially but I do find them to be very demanding I agree a baby is a lot easier I think I over worried about what having a baby would be like because I don’t find it as difficult as I thought but I really did worry a lot. Xx
She gets transfixed on something then she’s back in the room. Weirdos 😂

I know it can be annoying but is it worth changing doctors? We have one in the area that’s good and one that’s terrible and the care difference is massive.
Yeah the care they gave me yesterday was just cold. It’s such a shame that doctors can’t just go back to normal care. So many people must be struggling now it’s not right. All other aspects of the country and business as usual apart from health care.
im at the dentist now and they’re still operating masks one way systems sanitising etc can’t give you a proper clean and polish etc. 🙄

Reactions: 2
Mollies got chunky little thighs and size three nappies we’re looking tight so we’ve gone up to four but got her weighed and now I feel like she should be in size three 🤦🏽‍♀️ I’m always so confused about when to go up size clothes and nappies! What does everyone else do?

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Mollies got chunky little thighs and size three nappies we’re looking tight so we’ve gone up to four but got her weighed and now I feel like she should be in size three 🤦🏽‍♀️ I’m always so confused about when to go up size clothes and nappies! What does everyone else do?
I go by weight on the box and when she came out of size 1 I noticed she was getting red marks on her skin where the nappy must have been digging in a bit so i sized up x

• Heart
Reactions: 3
With nappies I go by either the gap between the tags or sometimes I’ve found they leave red marks around the tops of her thighs so I size up.

Clothes are still a mystery. She’s 16 weeks this week and she’s been in 3-6 month clothes for 3 weeks but she was in 0-3 vests until this week. And hats are still 0-3 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
I never pay attention the the weights on the nappies.
Ivy always had chunky thighs and sometimes she'd be in the next size up before she was even at the 'minimum' weight on the nappies. Or they'd just be leaving red marks on her legs.

As for clothes. Just go by what fits.
Everleigh is 1 tomorrow and most of her clothes are still 6-9 months.
Where as Ivy was big and she was in 6-9 months at 4 months old 😂

Reactions: 7
Each shop sizes and fits differently too (with clothing and nappies!), you definitely find certain clothing brands that work for your shape of baby I think.
My little guy is only 1 week old but he's growing out of 0-1 month sleepsuits 😭 we'll have to get the 0-3 out already, he's just so long! Feels like he's growing up too fast.

Reactions: 6
With nappies I go by either the gap between the tags or sometimes I’ve found they leave red marks around the tops of her thighs so I size up.

Clothes are still a mystery. She’s 16 weeks this week and she’s been in 3-6 month clothes for 3 weeks but she was in 0-3 vests until this week. And hats are still 0-3 🤷🏻‍♀️
Baby Bean couldn’t fit into a 1-3 month hat from mothercare. He’s got such a fat head 😂😂

14 weeks and in size 3 nappies 😭💔 and in 3-6 month clothes that fit him fine

• Haha
Bad mum alert: finally got to sleep at 3am last night and then was up at 7 🥴 dragged myself and baby to baby group this morning but now I’m officially out of energy. So baby o is sat in her car seat watching Tom and Jerry while I eat chocolate and sit quietly for a bit. I could hear weird noises and I look over and she’s bright red doing the most almighty tit 😂

Baby Bean couldn’t fit into a 1-3 month hat from mothercare. He’s got such a fat head 😂😂

14 weeks and in size 3 nappies 😭💔 and in 3-6 month clothes that fit him fine
I had a massive head as a baby - if my mum bought an outfit with a matching hat, she had to size up the hat by at least 2 sizes 😂 mr o mocks my giant baby head so I guess at least baby o didn’t inherit it - now I call her Tiny Pea Head 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Baby Goss was awake at 3am last night crying non stop. It’s so unlike her, she sleeps through most of the time but even when she wakes she just needs her dummy. I got her out, cuddled her, walked around with her, changed her nappy all with her still screaming. Gave her half a feed with some calpol and she was still really unsettled but did eventually go back down at nearly 5.

TMI warning for this next bit!
At lunchtime today I was changing her nappy as she’d finally done a poo after a few days. Was calling out to my partner to tell him that maybe she’d had a stomach ache when all of a sudden she started pooing again all over the changing table! It felt like she was never going to stop, I had to shout for backup and stick her in the bath. It was horrendous

Since then she’s had lunch and is now napping. Must be a relief for her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Random recommendation but I have only had silver nursing cups for about 3 days but so far really recommend them, I think they are healing my poor cracked nipples way quicker than they healed up last time! Not cheap but totally worth it if they work!
They are so soothing as well when you pop them on, and are like armour keeping the nips safe 🤣

Size up when things no longer fit 😊 don’t care what the labels say, just judge on how it fits her. My 11.5mo (not 1 🤣) is in some 6-9, some 9-12 and I had to buy 12-18 vests yesterday. My 3yo is in a mix of 2-3 and 3-4. I just clear stuff out as it no longer fits them.
Same with nappies. Weight means nothing really, as all babies are a different shape. When they leak too much, then change up a size.

• Heart
What does everyone use to bath baby? We currently use a schnuggle but they’re starting to look really cramped so thinking maybe it’s time to go in the big bath now. They don’t sit up yet so not sure what would work?

eta - that sounds like a squeeze both twins in a schnuggle 😂 I bathe them one at a time 😅

• Haha
Size up when things no longer fit 😊 don’t care what the labels say, just judge on how it fits her. My 11.5mo (not 1 🤣) is in some 6-9, some 9-12 and I had to buy 12-18 vests yesterday. My 3yo is in a mix of 2-3 and 3-4. I just clear stuff out as it no longer fits them.
Same with nappies. Weight means nothing really, as all babies are a different shape. When they leak too much, then change up a size.
It's mad how different sizes between brands can be. Little lantern is still in tiny baby stuff at the moment but the difference in tiny baby sizing between stores is insane, some he can barely fit, some are perfect and some are bigger than some of the newborn AND 0-3 month bits we have :ROFLMAO:

What does everyone use to bath baby? We currently use a schnuggle but they’re starting to look really cramped so thinking maybe it’s time to go in the big bath now. They don’t sit up yet so not sure what would work?

eta - that sounds like a squeeze both twins in a schnuggle 😂 I bathe them one at a time 😅
We use the bath chairs that lay them down, but T2 prefers to just be lay in the shallow bit of the water in the big bath.

Reactions: 2
I’m so sick of this sleep tit. Thinking about it, worrying about it, and not getting any. Can only wear him for naps or walk with the pram if he actually has one so get absolutely no free time. Husband wears him in the evenings but he wants the boob every 45 minutes. Don’t really want to co sleep anymore but sleep is even worse without it. Still nursing every 2-3 hours at night and he’s almost 6 months 😭 I just feel so done. Back at work in less than 2 months and I don’t see how it’s gonna work at all.

just had to get that out 😫

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 9

We use the newborn Nuby, has a back support that lies them down and you just hold them either side to stop them flopping into the water. Less achy on your arm than fully holding them up :)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.