New baby and post birth advice #17 Vegetable Oil Tantrums

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me too😂 Cat thankyou really needs a friend but Mr Thankyou says no😪
Ethically ambiguous but you could just gaslight him - Mrs ThankYou why are there two cats?
- Don’t be silly Mr ThankYou, we only have one cat.
- But I can see two
- Really, I can only see one.
Basically make him think he’s imagining the second one! 😂

I’d love more cats 😂 I find raising kittens easier then babies for sure
Haha we have dogs but we say the opposite, ours are such hard work the baby is easier 🤣 when people ask us if they should get a dog we’re like no have a baby, far easier 😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Another morning of her waking up in pain and not eating.
something isnt right and I literally do not know what to do now. She’s acting weird, she just wants to sleep. The nhs just think I’m an idiot. I can’t afford private, I can’t cope any more. She whines from the minute she wakes to the minute she goes to bed. Her behaviour is getting weirder. She’s falling asleep on the bottle after an hour of being up, she won’t eat, it’s making her gag, she’s on the floor frantic bringing her knees up, panting. It’s like this all day. But according to the nhs she’s just swallowing a bit of air. But it’s like this all day everyday. Every. Single. Day. I cannot cope. I am trapped between staying at home and making my daughter comfortable enough to eat, or have a life😭 no one Understands how unbelievably drained I am. I just don’t know what to do.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
something isnt right and I literally do not know what to do now. She’s acting weird, she just wants to sleep. The nhs just think I’m an idiot. I can’t afford private, I can’t cope any more. She whines from the minute she wakes to the minute she goes to bed. Her behaviour is getting weirder. She’s falling asleep on the bottle after an hour of being up, she won’t eat, it’s making her gag, she’s on the floor frantic bringing her knees up, panting. It’s like this all day. But according to the nhs she’s just swallowing a bit of air. But it’s like this all day everyday. Every. Single. Day. I cannot cope. I am trapped between staying at home and making my daughter comfortable enough to eat, or have a life😭 no one Understands how unbelievably drained I am. I just don’t know what to do.
Do you think it’s worth going to A&E? I’m not sure how it works but in adults it usually means you get access to things like scans faster than if you were waiting to be referred?
Ps In case you need to hear it - you’re not an idiot, please don’t let anyone make you think you are. You’re doing a fantastic job under awful circumstances and she’s very lucky to have a mum like you xxx

Reactions: 6
Do you think it’s worth going to A&E? I’m not sure how it works but in adults it usually means you get access to things like scans faster than if you were waiting to be referred?
Ps In case you need to hear it - you’re not an idiot, please don’t let anyone make you think you are. You’re doing a fantastic job under awful circumstances and she’s very lucky to have a mum like you xxx
I’ve been to a&e before and they literally humiliated me, I even heard them say she’s an anxious mum. Just put her over your shoulder and pat her back.
Ok I do that already all bleeping day. I shouldn’t have to burp a baby that’s just woken up. She’s had 3oz this morning. That’s it. I’m just at a loss as to what the hell is wrong with her. She won’t eat. Her behaviour is getting really weird.
I just don’t know what it is 💕😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
I’ve been to a&e before and they literally humiliated me, I even heard them say she’s an anxious mum. Just put her over your shoulder and pat her back.
Ok I do that already all bleeping day. I shouldn’t have to burp a baby that’s just woken up. She’s had 3oz this morning. That’s it. I’m just at a loss as to what the hell is wrong with her. She won’t eat. Her behaviour is getting really weird.
Bunch of dickheads.
For what it’s worth if she’s really not acting right, I think you should go back, although I can understand why you wouldn’t want to!!

• Heart
Is it worth gathering as much evidence as you can, so you've already collected info on how many times you burped her yesterday. I know its not nice to watch but film her when she's like this, and film her when she feeds too? Do you have any other A&Es localish? Not necessarily the one you've been to previously and literally sit there and demand to see someone and show them exactly what you both have to go through on a daily basis.
I know its not ideal but it's the only thing I can think of, if they can physically see it perhaps someone might actually think hey, there's something here let's help this little girl.

• Heart
Bunch of dickheads.
For what it’s worth if she’s really not acting right, I think you should go back, although I can understand why you wouldn’t want to!!
They are a bunch of dick heads 😂😂😂

Is it worth gathering as much evidence as you can, so you've already collected info on how many times you burped her yesterday. I know its not nice to watch but film her when she's like this, and film her when she feeds too? Do you have any other A&Es localish? Not necessarily the one you've been to previously and literally sit there and demand to see someone and show them exactly what you both have to go through on a daily basis.
I know its not ideal but it's the only thing I can think of, if they can physically see it perhaps someone might actually think hey, there's something here let's help this little girl.
Yeah I’m logging everything. We’ve done 10 this morning. So now in 24 hours that 71 burps. Now im a human being an I know that’s not normal.
I live in a big town, im not entirely sure where my next a&e would be.
i filmed her feeds for the feeding team who had never heard about the elevated side laying position and I had to send her the link to difficult feeders. So I have no faith in this system any more.
I’ve asked for my health visitor to call me. See what she says.
its so bad when you have to log everything to prove you’re not insane x

• Heart
They are a bunch of dick heads 😂😂😂

Yeah I’m logging everything. We’ve done 10 this morning. So now in 24 hours that 71 burps. Now im a human being an I know that’s not normal.
I live in a big town, im not entirely sure where my next a&e would be.
i filmed her feeds for the feeding team who had never heard about the elevated side laying position and I had to send her the link to difficult feeders. So I have no faith in this system any more.
I’ve asked for my health visitor to call me. See what she says.
its so bad when you have to log everything to prove you’re not insane x
I'm sorry I've not got anything more useful, the only other thing I can think of is just literally handcuffing yourself to the hospital 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Is it weird this thread has now inspired me to count the burps today?! 😂

• Haha
Not sure where in the country you are? If you’re near North London I can really recommend Barnet hospital/ royal free trust they have been excellent for us

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Does anyones baby just gaze off in to space? Or is mine just weird
Orange does it too I always wonder what she’s thinking about x

Ethically ambiguous but you could just gaslight him - Mrs ThankYou why are there two cats?
- Don’t be silly Mr ThankYou, we only have one cat.
- But I can see two
- Really, I can only see one.
Basically make him think he’s imagining the second one! 😂

Haha we have dogs but we say the opposite, ours are such hard work the baby is easier 🤣 when people ask us if they should get a dog we’re like no have a baby, far easier 😂😂😂
I don’t think I would ever buy my own dog I know it sounds crazy but you can’t take dogs everywhere with you like you can with a baby I personally love animals dogs especially but I do find them to be very demanding I agree a baby is a lot easier I think I over worried about what having a baby would be like because I don’t find it as difficult as I thought but I really did worry a lot. Xx

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Not sure where in the country you are? If you’re near North London I can really recommend Barnet hospital/ royal free trust they have been excellent for us
Barnet is where I waited 12 hours to see a dr! Was there 16 hours in total, they’ve closed Enfield and a herts hospital so has influx of 3 boroughs 😰

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 2
Barnet is where I waited 12 hours to see a dr! Was there 16 hours in total, they’ve closed Enfield and a herts hospital so has influx of 3 boroughs 😰
Oh no! I’ve had really good experiences recently! I got an appointment same week after a referral recently! Must be lucky!

Reactions: 1
Oh no! I’ve had really good experiences recently! I got an appointment same week after a referral recently! Must be lucky!
Yeah! every few hours they were announcing they were dangerously over capacity and asking people who weren’t in pain to go home and go to their local urgent care in the morning. Announcing a&e doctors to report immediately for ambulances coming in, it was like an apocalypse, people queuing outside, security guards on the door

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Thank you everyone for the advice yesterday about baby’s skin. Just an update, I’ve just spoken to a doctor who basically said what you guys said, it’s eczema. I’ve been told to moisturise at least 2x a day and if it doesn’t clear/gets worse/starts to annoy him they’ll see him in person to decide whether to try a steroid cream or look at his diet. Again, thank you if you guys hadn’t given the advice I’d probably have just carried on treatment for ringworm for a couple of weeks - poor boy would have been red raw

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.