New baby and post birth advice #16 Because I can birth a human quicker than my husband can poo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Ah I’m struggling to find porridge that doesn’t contain milk or traces of milk 😂🙄🙄 I’ll look it up thanks x
Can you use readybrek? We use it here all 3 of them eat it in the morning and it's cheaper than the targeted baby ones, which for me is a winwin😂

Reactions: 2
Oh yes ready break is so smooth, my FIL used to eat it like slop, pretty much how you’d feed a little baby 😂 try not to worry too much, she’s 5 and a half months isn’t she? So it’s not too early for weaning and she will very soon be able to handle "normal" foods
Yeah she doesn’t like the veg purées 😂😂😂 gag fest lol

Can you use readybrek? We use it here all 3 of them eat it in the morning and it's cheaper than the targeted baby ones, which for me is a winwin😂
Yeah I will try it, and I love ready brek too, with about 90 spoons of sugar in 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I know me too, hoping it passes quickly for both of us.
She was a lot better once she got home but still it hurts 😔 xx
What About handing her a snack straight out of school? A family I used to nanny for insisted their 4yo be brought a snack for straight out of the school gates. It may be a way to break that first few moments of tension

Reactions: 1
Ah I’m struggling to find porridge that doesn’t contain milk or traces of milk 😂🙄🙄 I’ll look it up thanks x
Ahh that is true! I forgot about that! Sorry!

This is one we use. Not sure why it's 7 months plus tbh. We used it at 6 month when we were doing purees as I'd just give her normal food at 6 months anyway if she could sit 🤷🏻‍♀️
And I've just checked our packet and it doesn't contain milk

Attachments

• Heart
Thank you. That’s our local super market so on Monday I’ll check it out. Mondays big shop day 😂

No worries you never know 🤷🏼‍♀️ Milks bloody hidden in everything 😂
I just use normal Quaker Oats and when she was smaller I’d blitz them up so they were like a little oaty dust

• Heart
Bedtime used to be so easy but tonight both babies have cried for a whole hour non stop and my hubby is working this evening so I’m solo. I hate moaning as I’m so lucky to have twins but my god it’s so tough with 2. Now they’re heavier I can’t pick them both up so find it’s so hard to comfort them when they’re crying. We’ve ended up now sitting in the pitch black on my bed whilst I tried to hold their dummies in. Hoping I can transfer them into the cot soon so I can go a scream into a pillow for a bit ….

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Bedtime used to be so easy but tonight both babies have cried for a whole hour non stop and my hubby is working this evening so I’m solo. I hate moaning as I’m so lucky to have twins but my god it’s so tough with 2. Now they’re heavier I can’t pick them both up so find it’s so hard to comfort them when they’re crying. We’ve ended up now sitting in the pitch black on my bed whilst I tried to hold their dummies in. Hoping I can transfer them into the cot soon so I can go a scream into a pillow for a bit ….
Yikes I can’t even imagine how multiple mommas do it. They’re at the 5 month terrorist age too aren’t they?!
i don’t follow leaps but is this a leap havewe discovered a new one 😂😂
Hopefully they settle down soon. And never feel bad for moaning, parenting is hard!!! X

• Heart
Thank you. That’s our local super market so on Monday I’ll check it out. Mondays big shop day 😂

No worries you never know 🤷🏼‍♀️ Milks bloody hidden in everything 😂
I'm used to looking for it as I'm lactose intolerant 😂
Don't tend to eat baby porridge myself though 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Little chunky chops here was 12 weeks yesterday 💔 can someone tell me why all babies other than your 1st seem to get SO OLD SO QUICK, is there a science to this?! He giggled for the first time today too…while I was pretending to be a dinosaur 🤣 just sharing because feel like I never actually talk about my littlest sailor despite it being a newborn baby thread and well, who doesn’t love a wee smooshy face.

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Wine. Lots of wine has milk in it somehow. Not that you’re giving her wine (I assume 😂) , but it’s so random
I think babies could do with a glass of wine now and again, mellow them out😂

I don't know if this helps, but when these two start I bring them to my feet and sit on the sofa, I pick the heavier twin & place them on one knee, then I pick the second twin up by her baby grow swing her round onto my empty knee and then we rock for a while. Doesn't usually work one twin always ends up punching the other but it stops the screaming for about 5 seconds, then I stand up with them both walk up and attemp to get them in bed😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
What About handing her a snack straight out of school? A family I used to nanny for insisted their 4yo be brought a snack for straight out of the school gates. It may be a way to break that first few moments of tension
That’s a good idea, I did read once that they are difficult with the parents because they feel secure & safe.
She is fine when her dad or her nana pick her up. It’s just with me but she sees me every day xx

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Are you breastfeeding? My baby has similar just now & it seems to be an oat allergy, I changed to oat milk & also bought her oat moisturiser because it had started to get bad from me starting the milk then I covered her in the oat moisturiser & the next day her skin was so bad. It’s clearing up but I have to phone the GP on Fri if it’s still there to get a steroid cream. I’ve also to stop bathing her every night, I’ve to do every 2nd or 3rd & do a weekly milk bath if I can but right now I’ve not to bath her for a whole week to help the natural oils on her skin clear it up,
yeah, I breastfeed. My husband is insistent that it’s an allergy. The rash came up when we started weaning and my husband thinks it’s something he’s eaten, probably dairy because I don’t eat it (other than the occasional bar of chocolate) so he thinks it’s that. I’m not convinced, I think it’s just a common allergy that he’s read about and decided on🤷‍♀️

i made a log of how many burps I got out of little cat today.
From 7.30 - 8pm (obviously she napped, we had an hour in the car etc today)… 61 burps.
that’s insane and it still wasn’t enough to make her comfortable enough to eat.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Is this real? All wines or like rose?
Not all wines but most. There’s quite the range of vegan wines now though. Apparently they use milk somewhere in the purifying process. I discovered this when breastfeeding my first cmpa baby… chucked half a bottle of red in with a chilli and couldn’t work out why she’d reacted

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Not all wines but most. There’s quite the range of vegan wines now though. Apparently they use milk somewhere in the purifying process. I discovered this when breastfeeding my first cmpa baby… chucked half a bottle of red in with a chilli and couldn’t work out why she’d reacted
Woweee that’s so werid isn’t it! I’m off to look into it I thought they had vegan wines because they used animal bones to filter it or something maybe I dreamt that!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.