New baby and post birth advice #16 Because I can birth a human quicker than my husband can poo

My baby is…

• 0-3 months

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • 4-6 months

Votes: 20 20.0%
  • 7-9 months

Votes: 15 15.0%
  • 10-12 months

Votes: 6 6.0%
  • 1+ years

Votes: 12 12.0%
  • No idea why Im here and I want a box to tick

Votes: 14 14.0%

• Total voters
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But where is the time going???

I had my 12 week scan a year ago today. There she was sticking her tongue out on the screen and today she’s vomiting at the taste of broccoli 💃🏼
How fast as it gone?! I can't believe they're closer to one than they are newborn😪
NICU seems like a lifetime ago but it doesn't?!

We're not broccoli fans in this house either 🤣

• Sad
Reactions: 4
Just managed to fit in the 10-12 month catagory!
Just 😂 only 11 days out of 1+
I refuse to accept that 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Back home after a mammoth 16 hours in a&e. I was given steroids a couple weeks ago to do with my itchy skin.. this thickened my blood (dr didn’t warn me of this despite stating my clot history) . My blood is thick but no clots currently present so GP must monitor to see if blood thickness increased or decreases
🥱 thank you for all your kind words x

• Heart
Reactions: 16
How do you know when a breastfed baby decides to drop a feed? She is on 3 meals a day with the odd snack (8 months) but she never ever refuses a boob, even if she's literally just eaten 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Everleigh has decided the past few days that as well as "ta" she can now say "Hello" and "Hiya"
Although she just walks around going "'iyaaaaa" whilst waving and then "Herrrrro" whilst waving 😂😂😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
This makes me sad, spend all day caring, looking after, feeding, winding, playing, kissing and cuddling the baby and she’s been a misery guts all day, daddy walks in and it’s all smiles ☹ I swear she hates me 😂

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
This makes me sad, spend all day caring, looking after, feeding, winding, playing, kissing and cuddling the baby and she’s been a misery guts all day, daddy walks in and it’s all smiles ☹ I swear she hates me 😂
It means they're content with you and know you'll always be there.
I read about it ages ago with my first. He'd always smile and laugh at his dad and others but rarely at me.

I tried to explain it previously. You can be with your, say, best friend all day, and you wouldn't smile at them much. But when you first greet them/see them, you smile at them. Or if someone else were to walk in the room, you'd smile at them, but not the one you're already with.

She knows you're there, she's content with you, you're her safety.
Everyone else is different

• Heart
Reactions: 17
It means they're content with you and know you'll always be there.
I read about it ages ago with my first. He'd always smile and laugh at his dad and others but rarely at me.

I tried to explain it previously. You can be with your, say, best friend all day, and you wouldn't smile at them much. But when you first greet them/see them, you smile at them. Or if someone else were to walk in the room, you'd smile at them, but not the one you're already with.

She knows you're there, she's content with you, you're her safety.
Everyone else is different
Well that’s a better perspective thank you ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
My allways asleep by 6:30/7 easy peasy night time baby has changed overnight 😅 he takes HOURS to go to sleep. He used to have his bottle and just go to sleep with very little fuss, same if he woke in the night for a feed. But the last few days my god, my patience is really being tested. Spitting dummy out, smashing legs down, hitting arms everywhere, chatting, creepy giggles in the middle of the night 😂, sqealing, chewing hands, holding my hand, thrashing wildly about, literally everything BUT going to bloody sleep 🥴 last night I felt like I was just lying there listening to him all night long he was so loud.

• Heart
Kitten is 5 months today!
Where's time going? 😭
She's so much better and a lot less slimy too.

@Crazycatlady18 Yes, if your baby is sad/cries around you, that means that they trust you.
For example, a colleague of mine has a daughter. She's an angel at school/at her grandparente, but when my colleague would pick her up, she'd cry and scream. Unlike what you'd think at first, that actually means she considers her mom her safe haven. She knows she can unwind and let go of all her emotions (getting overstimulated during the day).
She knows her mom will stay around and care for her.
It's hard though, but keep that in mind. You're the best mom for her and I am sure she knows gow much you love her and how you've already done so much to make her feel/eat better. You're doing great! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I think I’ll get one more thread vote in the 10-12 month category, but we are edging close to a birthday over here 😫

How do you know when a breastfed baby decides to drop a feed? She is on 3 meals a day with the odd snack (8 months) but she never ever refuses a boob, even if she's literally just eaten 🤣
There is a tactic called “don’t offer, don’t refuse” which is quite self explanatory 🤣 it’s usually a start to weaning, but it may be something to do even for a few days to figure out when she is really keen for a feed and then just always offer round those times. Tbh, none of mine have ever dropped feeds. They will take a boob as often as it’s offered until I wean them, and that suits me ok as it keeps them quiet 🤣

@wakametango 2.0 glad you’re home safely, hope you can catch up on some sleep x

• Heart
  • Haha
I think I’ll get one more thread vote in the 10-12 month category, but we are edging close to a birthday over here 😫

There is a tactic called “don’t offer, don’t refuse” which is quite self explanatory 🤣 it’s usually a start to weaning, but it may be something to do even for a few days to figure out when she is really keen for a feed and then just always offer round those times. Tbh, none of mine have ever dropped feeds. They will take a boob as often as it’s offered until I wean them, and that suits me ok as it keeps them quiet 🤣

@wakametango 2.0 glad you’re home safely, hope you can catch up on some sleep x
To be honest it does suit me aswell 🤣 I just wasn't sure if it's something I HAVE to be doing incase I end up over feeding 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Kitten is 5 months today!
Where's time going? 😭
She's so much better and a lot less slimy too.

@Crazycatlady18 Yes, if your baby is sad/cries around you, that means that they trust you.
For example, a colleague of mine has a daughter. She's an angel at school/at her grandparente, but when my colleague would pick her up, she'd cry and scream. Unlike what you'd think at first, that actually means she considers her mom her safe haven. She knows she can unwind and let go of all her emotions (getting overstimulated during the day).
She knows her mom will stay around and care for her.
It's hard though, but keep that in mind. You're the best mom for her and I am sure she knows gow much you love her and how you've already done so much to make her feel/eat better. You're doing great! ❤
Thank you, I’m so glad your kitten is feeling better today ❤❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 2
To be honest it does suit me aswell 🤣 I just wasn't sure if it's something I HAVE to be doing incase I end up over feeding 🤣
I wouldn’t worry about over feeding at all. I can honestly say I have never given the frequency of breastfeeds a second thought during weaning. I read things often that say don’t feed them 30-60 mins before a meal etc, but so much of my baby’s feeding is really just for a wee cuddle and the milk is a bonus to them. So I’ve never followed anything, I continue to stick a boob in their mouth any time they so much as look at me sideways, and the older ones have all transitioned to solids and increased their intake in their own time. (I say the older ones as this current boy just hates food. Not connected to breastfeeding, he just doesn’t like to eat!)

I feel ya, this baby could scoff an adult size portion of porridge and banana but if she sees boob her eyes light up and she’s ready to go 😂😂 I know they say you can’t overfeed, but does that count once they’re on solids?! I would assume not - she’s always ready for the boob but sometimes it’ll only be for a few minutes so I guess they do regulate it slightly?

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.