New baby and post birth advice #16 Because I can birth a human quicker than my husband can poo

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Some one (and I can’t remember who sorry) said they put banana nesquick in their allergy formula.
Quick question - do you just use a formula scoop full, how much, do you still put a full amount of formula powder in?x
The dietician told me to make the formula up as normal, then add the nesquik in after. Ideally use as little nesquik as possible in order to make them drink it. Then once they’re used to it start reducing the amount of nesquik til they’re just having formula. I never actually did it though so I don’t know if that helps.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
Can we push this thread along people. Come on. Chat chat chat.
I need a new thread before I have to tick the 1 year plus box on Friday 😂
On this note if anyone has any thread title suggestions please post them as I’ve had to make up the last few on the spot 😂

None at all 😂
Just stay at home.
Never really know what to do when they don't know any different 🤷🏻‍♀️😂
Yeah it is hard! I know with my eldest we went swimming, and my second I just looked up in my photos and we went to the Christmas market 😂 no idea what we did with my third as there are no pics so I guess nothing! Not that they care, as you say they know no different

Not baby related, but we're finally watching The Mandalorian and omg @Babyyoda88 🥺🥺🥺

Kitten hasn't slept in her own bed for months 😒
We made her her own safe sleep space with a feeding pillow (making sure she can't roll into it and suffocate), so she slept pretty "independently", but in our bed. But now that I stopped feeding her at night, we're back to co-sleeping.
She's had one good night and that's it 🤷‍♀️
I can't wait for her to sleep better.

I know right!! Be careful you’ll end up wanting to conceive again hahah. Baby Yoda is the cutest.

• Haha
Yeah it is hard! I know with my eldest we went swimming, and my second I just looked up in my photos and we went to the Christmas market 😂 no idea what we did with my third as there are no pics so I guess nothing! Not that they care, as you say they know no different
We didn't even do anything on Ivy's birthday this year because it was a Saturday. And I refuse to go anywhere on weekends 😂
We did go to the space museum a few days later though

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Does 18oz of milk and a sachet and a half of purée sound enough to sustain her for the day? We’re having full on bottle refusal 😭

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
On this note if anyone has any thread title suggestions please post them as I’ve had to make up the last few on the spot 😂
you do great work under pressure!
im sure I saw something during the thread I thought would be good. Must have a look….

no, it doesn’t look like that. The first photo is the one i sent the gp Friday and the second
View attachment 1175257
View attachment 1175260
Are you breastfeeding? My baby has similar just now & it seems to be an oat allergy, I changed to oat milk & also bought her oat moisturiser because it had started to get bad from me starting the milk then I covered her in the oat moisturiser & the next day her skin was so bad. It’s clearing up but I have to phone the GP on Fri if it’s still there to get a steroid cream. I’ve also to stop bathing her every night, I’ve to do every 2nd or 3rd & do a weekly milk bath if I can but right now I’ve not to bath her for a whole week to help the natural oils on her skin clear it up,

Does 18oz of milk and a sachet and a half of purée sound enough to sustain her for the day? We’re having full on bottle refusal 😭
If she's happy, then yes 😊
Everleigh went into full on bottle refusal apart from her nighttime one from around 5 months!
It was frustrating!

• Heart
If she's happy, then yes 😊
Everleigh went into full on bottle refusal apart from her nighttime one from around 5 months!
It was frustrating!
Yeah that’s what we’re having. She seems happy apart from the wind 🤷🏼‍♀️ Guess she just prefers solids. I’ve giving her breakfast and dinner, maybe I should introduce a 3rd next week 🤷🏼‍♀️ Sneak some more milk in to it that way.
Funny how she’s 5 months as well. Is this the 5 month terrorist phase 😂

Yeah that’s what we’re having. She seems happy apart from the wind 🤷🏼‍♀️ Guess she just prefers solids. I’ve giving her breakfast and dinner, maybe I should introduce a 3rd next week 🤷🏼‍♀️ Sneak some more milk in to it that way.
Funny how she’s 5 months as well. Is this the 5 month terrorist phase 😂
Cow and gate do some fruity porridge. I don't know of its any good for them but Everleigh loved it for breakfast every morning. Plus you make it up with their own milk 😊

• Heart
When we did massage, the lady suggested a list of natural oils like grapeseed and almond. No veg or olive oil - ‘they’ll smell like a bloody chippy’ is what she said 😂

I had a bottle of that my little coco oil that my sister got me and she turned her nose up because it wasn’t ‘natural’ 🤷🏻‍♀️ Like I’ve got the time or energy to traipse around looking for organic jojoba oil. Piss off janet 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Cow and gate do some fruity porridge. I don't know of its any good for them but Everleigh loved it for breakfast every morning. Plus you make it up with their own milk 😊
Ah I’m struggling to find porridge that doesn’t contain milk or traces of milk 😂🙄🙄 I’ll look it up thanks x

Ah I’m struggling to find porridge that doesn’t contain milk or traces of milk 😂🙄🙄 I’ll look it up thanks x
can you just use normal porridge oats with her formula? You could blitz the oats up to make it smoother before you make it.

Also I remember years ago, before I had kids, my aunt would stir high fat/calorie things in to the purees she made eg cream cheese. Maybe you can find some df alternatives that would add in the calories for her?

can you just use normal porridge oats with her formula? You could blitz the oats up to make it smoother before you make it.
Yeah my mum suggested ready brek too. To honest this cmpa early weaning just been dropped on me so
I’m still finding my feet with it all 😵💫

• Heart
Yeah my mum suggested ready brek too. To honest this cmpa early weaning just been dropped on me so
I’m still finding my feet with it all 😵💫
Oh yes ready break is so smooth, my FIL used to eat it like slop, pretty much how you’d feed a little baby 😂 try not to worry too much, she’s 5 and a half months isn’t she? So it’s not too early for weaning and she will very soon be able to handle "normal" foods

• Heart
I know how you feel, my almost 5 year old can be just so rude to me it makes me feel like packing a bag!! Trying to hold on to the fact its just a phase ( I hope 🙈 otherwise im leaving the country)
I know me too, hoping it passes quickly for both of us.
She was a lot better once she got home but still it hurts 😔 xx

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.