New baby and post birth advice #14 Snot Suckers Anonymous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A major vom has just occurred, both of us drenched. 🤮

😍😍😍😍
Which is worse - vom or poo? Place your votes. I say poop.

Although, the other night I picked up Finn to take him to his bath and he vommed up a chunk of banana sick onto my shoulder. Absolutely vile.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 2

Although, the other night I picked up Finn to take him to his bath and he vommed up a chunk of banana sick onto my shoulder. Absolutely vile.
We’re just milk poos and voms at the moment dreading the weaning poos and voms 💀

Reactions: 1

Poo 100%. Like if there was a bit of vom on my clothes I would give it a wipe off and be happy to continue my day. Not so with poo 🤣 and I’d rather have vom all over the floor than poo.

That said, when it’s proper “not baby” vomit, all chunky etc that really gets me gagging. My husband cleans all that up 🙈

• Sick
Reactions: 4
How does everyone else do for packing for a day out? We’re going down to my family (1hr drive), going straight to the pub for lunch, then going to my dads house for a bit and then home. So far I’ve got:
Bottles and milk in a thermal bag with ice packs
Changing bag with usual bits in & a change of clothes in case of a nappy leak
Car seat
Pram - for her to sleep in
Carrier - in case she won’t sleep in the pram

Does everyone else bring half the house with them or is it just me 😂

• Haha
How does everyone else do for packing for a day out? We’re going down to my family (1hr drive), going straight to the pub for lunch, then going to my dads house for a bit and then home. So far I’ve got:
Bottles and milk in a thermal bag with ice packs
Changing bag with usual bits in & a change of clothes in case of a nappy leak
Car seat
Pram - for her to sleep in
Carrier - in case she won’t sleep in the pram

Does everyone else bring half the house with them or is it just me 😂
Packed for the end of the world. Nappies, wipes, cotton wool, nappy bags, teething gel, nasal spray, tissues, spare vests, spare clothes, muslin cloth, bibs, spare cardigan, spare socks, thermometer, toys 😂

46D7F6DE-3BB7-4035-9FAE-EEB6506BC60F.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Packed for the end of the world. Nappies, wipes, cotton wool, nappy bags, teething gel, nasal spray, tissues, spare vests, spare clothes, muslin cloth, bibs, spare cardigan, spare socks, thermometer, toys 😂

View attachment 1106117
Im glad it’s not just me. She’s been on 4 bottles a day for 3 weeks now but I still packed 6 😂 and a dozen nappies as if she plans on eating and shitting every hour 😂

• Haha
So orange keeps waking up every night at 4am it’s not hunger because she went to sleep last night is it teething I have her calpol and she went back to sleep only on me when I put her down she cries anyone got any ideas I cannot cope I am knackered I’ve just been back to bed for three hours I feel sick I’m that tired I was awake from 4-8am because I couldn’t put her down xx

• Sad
Babies still testing positive for covid. Ffs
if it’s been more than 10 days she’s probably not got it anymore. My partner and both my boys tested positive for quite a while - my partner over 14 days and my boys about 12/13. We just started going about our daily business after day 10

• Heart
if it’s been more than 10 days she’s probably not got it anymore. My partner and both my boys tested positive for quite a while - my partner over 14 days and my boys about 12/13. We just started going about our daily business after day 10
I’d say she’s about 8 days since she started showing symptoms. My husbands been over two weeks and still getting I faint positive line. I was negative after 5 days. It’s weird but yeah she probably won’t be contagious any more.

Any tips or products for clearing a snotty nose. Saline and snot sucker just isn’t getting it. I’ve also got snuffle babe room vapour oil and that’s doing nothing other then making the room smell nice 😂

• Heart
I’d say she’s about 8 days since she started showing symptoms. My husbands been over two weeks and still getting I faint positive line. I was negative after 5 days. It’s weird but yeah she probably won’t be contagious any more.

Any tips or products for clearing a snotty nose. Saline and snot sucker just isn’t getting it. I’ve also got snuffle babe room vapour oil and that’s doing nothing other then making the room smell nice 😂
Is she still too little for baby vicks/snuffle babe? If she can have it, put some in her feet with socks over the top x

• Heart
Ladies, this might seem like a stupid question but like do your boobs EVER stop leaking while breastfeeding? We combi feed at the moment but it literally feels like my boobs leak 20 times a day and he’s nearly 8 weeks old! I was under the impression it would settle down but im getting through breast pads like it’s going out of fashion 😅

Is it because I’m combi feeding my boobs are confused so let down more often or? It is by far the worst bit about breastfeeding for me, the sensation is 🤢

So orange keeps waking up every night at 4am it’s not hunger because she went to sleep last night is it teething I have her calpol and she went back to sleep only on me when I put her down she cries anyone got any ideas I cannot cope I am knackered I’ve just been back to bed for three hours I feel sick I’m that tired I was awake from 4-8am because I couldn’t put her down xx
We’re 4:30 too. What’s going on!?

Ladies, this might seem like a stupid question but like do your boobs EVER stop leaking while breastfeeding? We combi feed at the moment but it literally feels like my boobs leak 20 times a day and he’s nearly 8 weeks old! I was under the impression it would settle down but im getting through breast pads like it’s going out of fashion 😅

Is it because I’m combi feeding my boobs are confused so let down more often or? It is by far the worst bit about breastfeeding for me, the sensation is 🤢
I’m solely breastfeeding and I luckily don’t leak apart from at night time, I leak a lot during the night, I’ll be feeding her and the other boob will be dripping.

it might because you’re combi feeling. I’m not sure.

I don't have any suggestions as for a few months between 4 and 8 months we're anywhere between 4am and 5am and she was up for the day.
Now it's anywhere between 5 and 6.30. A little better but I presume this is it now 😂

I don’t think so. I breastfed for 15 months last time and wore breast pads the entire time - I use reusable ones

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.