Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kitt

VIP Member
Probably at risk of losing my place in this group but feel like I should talk about this as we’re on the topic. I fall into the category of ‘non binary’ or ‘gender fluid’. I’ve always felt wrong in myself, always felt like a boy and a girl. I’m sorry if that’s not something you agree with but if you haven’t felt it yourself then I guess you wouldn’t get it. I understand people feeling confused about how it’s possible because I was confused for like 26 years before I realised what was ‘wrong with me’. Only my husband and my best friend know and I go by she/her because I don’t feel safe having to explain myself in the real world. It doesn’t really change anything about who I am, I’m still me. I just have days where I struggle with certain aspects about myself.

Pregnancy is mentally very tough for me as my body becomes even more of an issue to me on some days than I already find it. But I want children so I’ve done it. I’m saving up for surgery to significantly reduce my breasts as they make me feel truly disgusting about myself.

I think if children are confused about gender you can just talk to them openly about it as you would any other topic. ‘Why does that girl have short hair?’ ‘Why is that man wearing a dress?’ ‘Because it’s their body and they’re in control of what they do with it.’ Simply teaching about body consent like anything else without making a big issue of gender when they’re perhaps too young to understand. I won’t be ‘forcing gender issues’ on my children but I will be creating a safe home where they know they are safe to be whoever they want to be. I think that’s all any of us want for our children. Gender is the new hot topic that causes a lot of aggro, it’s easy to be confused and angry towards something you don’t understand. But when talking about it with your children just trying to not be derisive as that sends a message.

Not trying to shit stir or be woke or anything, just sharing a different perspective.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Kitt

VIP Member
Whenever I do these polls I realise my baby is 6 months old AND I’m nearly 4 months pregnant and I just kind of stare at my phone for a bit like … fuck.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

LongishCat

VIP Member
The situation with my dad is actually even worse. Turns out someone put the morphine patch (75mg) on already on Fri morning. Then he was discharged later that day, but on Sat morning we was hospitalised again (ambulance and fire department had to get involved). My dad was getting progressively worse and they were already talking about getting him to a neurologist. They did a CT scan, etc.
But then it took my mom finding that patch today, before they realised what was actually causing my dad's situation. They even added another morphine patch this morning next to the 75mg one that he should've never gotten in the first place 😠
They were very apologetic, but this makes me so frustrated! What if my mom didn't see that patch? This could've turned out so much worse!
We're going to file a complaint (although my mom wasn't sure we should, but things like this shouldn't happen).

Anyway, sorry for derailing the baby topic 😅

@elloelloello keep an eye on her. If she's feeling fine and it doesn't happen again, it's probably okay. But if you're unsure and worrying, definitely call the emergency number.
I called them Fri on Sat night when Kitten had a fever for the first time and they were so nice and helpful ❤

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Borntorun

VIP Member
I don't normally say I want a break away from the kids. But I would marry Boris Johnson tonight if I could eat an actual meal or even shower and wash my hair just for 5 minutes
I read a thread on mumsnet recently and a woman was saying she has ‘those’ kind of dreams about bojo and that she’d love to suck his toes. Thought I’d share that horrific image with you all 👌🏻

• Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

swimming

VIP Member
My second was also like this.
I don't know if it's a coincidence that theyve all had allergies or not 🤔
My second had quite a few including lactose.

The whingeing noises though, I posted here the other day that it just makes me want to scream back at them. It goes right through you!
I'm not an angry person or shouty. But that noise. I feel it 😂
Everleigh was doing it constantly at one point and whilst eating dinner she just wouldn't stop. No matter what I did and I shouted back because i was getting so annoyed.
Her face. I felt so guilty! Her bottom lip came straight out 😂
It’s hard isn’t it. The fucking noise.
I burst into tears last night washing his bottles because we’d been up since half 4 that morning, he hadn’t stopped whining ALL day or hanging off my legs and I just wanted 2 minutes to stand there, drink a glass of water and wash the bottles and he was scrapping at my ankles pulling himself up and just whingeing round my legs. And I just lost it. I wanted to walk out my house and not come back that’s how I felt. I cried for ages.
He’s got a floor full of nice colourful toys and all he does is hang off my legs. No matter if I’m standing or sitting he’s there tugging at my jeans and pulling up at my feet.
I feel suffocated. I look like shit. My face is grey and the bags under my eyes are so dark I look ill. My ears are ringing with the noise and even if I put him in his cot for some headspace he just screams.

i keep telling myself it’s a phase and it’ll pass like all the others but this is so damn hard. I shouted this morning “just get off my legs and go and play!!!!” And put him back on the rug and he just whinged whinged whinged his way back over to me and started pulling at my legs again.

i sit him on my lap and he fidgets to get down. Nothing is good enough.

sorry for the rant, I’m just so absolutely battered down and burnt out right now.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

LongishCat

VIP Member
First day at work went well and I'll be able to drop a day too ❤
Kitten was a super good girl at daycare. She drank her bottles without much issue, slept great and was smiling away at all the kids and the caretakers! I'm so proud my heart could burst 🥰

@sodit so sorry for your loss. When my grandfather died, my nephew was only a few weeks old. He was superchilled in his carrier and slept through most of the funeral. He would make some noises at times, but in a weird way that was actually nice.

• Heart

LongishCat

VIP Member
Hey, I'm not caught up with the thread at all, so sorry.

Quickly read Kitt's post. You are an amazing person and I'm so happy you felt safe to share your story here! Please don't go anywhere! It's interesting to read your point of view. I'm quite open-minded, but I have to say that non binary is something that is difficult for me to understand, mainly because I don't know anyone personally who identifies as such. I just want people to be able to be themselves and happy. So thank you so much for sharing ❤

I'm going back to work tomorrow!
Looking forward to it, but also on edge, because Kitten has decided she doesn't like bottles anymore and I don't understand why. She had formula about a week ago and got really sick about 2 hours later, so might be because of that? It happened again a few days ago.
We did get some formula and expressed breastmilk in her today with a bottle (and a bigger teat size) and she didn't throw up. I also expressed three feeds worth for tomorrow, so she should be fine. Just really worried she won't want to eat.
Nights have been horrid as well lately, so yay 🎉

I'll probably post on here even less with work, so I just want to say thank you to you all. You all mean so much to me, I'm so happy I found this community ❤
I'll try to pop in as much as possible to keep you up to date!

Dadswise, FIL isn't feeling great and neither is my dad. Inlaws came to visit a few days ago, we went for a walk and drinks outside. I know FIL is having a rough time (understatement), but he smokes like a chimney and I feel really bad when he smokes with Kitten around, even if it's outside. I'm afraid to say anything about it though, because it's pretty much all he has left 😩

Thank you for reading my word vomit 😅

Hope you all have a good night!

Edit: also, pp hairloss has finally caught up with me and I hate it. Boggles the mind I'm not bald yet, with the amount of hair I'm losing 😳

• Heart

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
Weaning tip: get a dog 🤣
Baby Tango checking out our doggie eating the pea, cheese omelette I made (with a side of steamed green beans) which she down right refused to bite into 🙃
Hannah will only eat porridge if the parrot has some too. So there's me in the mornings preparing a bowl for me, hannah and the bird 🤣. She sits and watches him eating and eats her own 🤣 a novel way to go about weaning but it works 🤣

• Haha

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
“Mum sweats” is a new term to me but I LOVE it!! It perfectly sums it up, and I shall use it from here on in. 👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

@Babyyoda88 poor baby, sorry she’s being so vomit-y. Very strange that it just started, hopefully it ends again just as quickly
Thank you! I hope so too. Hope everyone’s having a lovely Sunday.

my big girl in her highchair 😭

00D5914C-409A-426A-B919-E75030FB57D3.jpeg

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Dipdab

VIP Member
Made a health visitor appointment over the phone this morning - she asked for twin 1’s date of birth then asked for twin 2’s. Ermmmm 🤪🤪😂

• Haha

WhatABore

VIP Member
Does anyone else's partner just get themselves ready and that's it?
Especially going out for the day?
😑
It's even worse when I'm taking him fishing.
He's like "Well, I'm ready" then goes and sits on his phone 😑
Good for you mate.

Today we're going out and will be out for lunch.
He's sitting on the sofa still in his pajamas, on his phone.
I said aren't you going to get ready?
He's like "ahh nah. It'll only take me 5 minutes"

Right. So I'll get the kids dressed, lunch made, stuff ready and myself ready then yeah?

Then he gets all confused why he's ready and I'm not 😑😂

• Heart

bottombanana

Rant incoming (not about my knobwaffle husband but my in-laws). None of my husbands immediate family have seen our boys since my toddlers birthday party back at the beginning of September (my toddler hadn’t quite turned 2 and the baby wasn’t even a month old) so nearly 6 months ago now. We invited them out today, we live about 45 minutes away from them so said we’d go to a farm type place about 5 minutes from them so they didn’t need to go far, and they said no because of the rugby! They decided not to see their grandsons who they haven’t seen in nearly 6 months because the rugby is more important. They’ve said they can’t see us until the 6 nations is over because they don’t have time. I’m so fucking livid about it. Could they not, idk, record it

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
@Kitt @Crazycatlady18

Hope you two are doing okay, we miss you!
Hello 🙋🏼‍♀️ We’re still bobbing about. It’s been quite the week 😂😵💫
So we all caught covid, we’re thankfully all negative now but we are all still so Ill and it’s getting worse. Me and my husband can barely talk, our throats are so sore and we have the worst cough, baby is an absolute snot bag and really not feeding well.
her suck is very weak so I’m now paranoid her TT has reattached or something. She is still absolutely full of wind 24/7.She is literally 90% gripe water these days….
i went away for a few days and wow that was stressful. Baby doesn’t have a strict routine but she has a loose one. I jokingly call it the *insert my actual name* regime 😂 she was over stimulated I didn’t get to bed til gone midnight she fed terrible as we were out and about so I didn’t have enough time to wind her. I need a holiday from my holiday. Alone 😂
Then my auntie and FIL on the same night had heart attacks. So we’ve been visiting today and baby again is over stimulated, fed rubbish, and so tired but won’t drift off.
the health visitors keep ringing as I had to cancel a weigh in appointment they just booked for me with out Even checking I can make it🙄🙄
I’m knackered and cannot wait to go to bed. Hopefully I won’t be kicking my husband out as his snoring is driving me insane! We’ve not slept in the same bed all week 😂😂
hope everyone is ok. Gonna try and have a catch up this week!! ❤X

• Heart

Definitelyme

VIP Member
Also, I know you’re all on the edge of your seats about it……… HE PUT THE CUP TO HIS LIPS TODAY 😱😱😱. Didn’t drink anything but you’d honestly think he’d solved world hunger the way we all got on 😂 then he chucked it, and his dinner, on the floor and tried to climb out of his high chair

• Haha

Borntorun

VIP Member
So I thought I’d been coping well with the sleep deprivation thing. Clearly not. Ever since my favourite conditioner changed the bottle shape, I’ve been moaning that I think they’ve changed the shampoo formula as my hair just felt a bit greasy… can anyone see what I’ve been doing wrong?!? 🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️

Attachments

• Haha

Dipdab

VIP Member
Thanks everyone ❤. I find him so hard to deal with when he’s tired he’s harder work than the babies. I’m getting up almost every hour at night so he can sleep. Just starting to feel really unappreciated for all the hard work I do

• Heart
Reactions: 13