New baby and post birth advice #14 Snot Suckers Anonymous

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Are the tantrums from the worn out mums or the little people though?! 🤣
From us I recon 🤣 orange is asleep on me now also thought I’d update you as I hadn’t been active we saw the dietician she thinks orange is completely lactose intolerant the milk is being changed to sma alfamino no milk in foods bless her eczema isn’t good still and the teething crying is rife recently so wake up at 4 now every night. Roll on my bottomless brunch will have to eat loads or the early morning get up will write me off xx

haha sounds about right 🤣🤣🤣
Or ‘ who’s husband/ partner has survived ‘ 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Whenever I do these polls I realise my baby is 6 months old AND I’m nearly 4 months pregnant and I just kind of stare at my phone for a bit like … duck.
I have totally missed this update. Congratulations on being 4 months pregnant mama! ❤ Hope things are going well for you all. Mr pineapple and I have talked about having baby no 2 soonish, but I’d like to get advice from the HV re timing as I had an emergency c section. I’m also worried about trying again. The first time is so exciting and fresh. Number 2 has a lot to live up to if number 1 has been a good experience. Eep.

anyone else seen the show motherland? It’s bloody brilliant!

My 16 year old has come old drunk, what do I do thread😂
offer them a shot of vodka. That’ll help the real hangover set in in the morning. 👍😀

Also, baby pina has been feeding using nipple shields for the last 4 months Last night she randomly took the boob directly and has done all day today. It hurts though!! ow! She’s sucking on my nipple only and not doing great with her latch, so I’ve contacted a lactation consultant. Would love to get this sorted ASAP as painful nips is not the one!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Does anyone else baby keep trying to sleep on their side it’s stressing me out so I can’t sleep now

Does anyone else baby keep trying to sleep on their side it’s stressing me out so I can’t sleep now
Yes we had this tonight too! She then rolled on to her front, lifted her head, stared straight into the baby monitor and then cried 🤣😩 ffs. I think it’s fine as long as they can lift their heads and roll both ways? Sorry to hear about orange’s intolerance :( hopefully the new formula works for you 🤞🏼

Another night of being up every hour 😵💫 tbf I can cope as long as she isn’t waking up for a half time party (like tonight). Sleep consultant thinks she has a tongue tie so we are off to the TT clinic next week. I pray this is the magical key to a good nights sleep 😂😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
She woke up at 4 again now will only sleep on me so I’m awake watching young wallander on Netflix on the sofa while she snores x

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I have totally missed this update. Congratulations on being 4 months pregnant mama! ❤ Hope things are going well for you all. Mr pineapple and I have talked about having baby no 2 soonish, but I’d like to get advice from the HV re timing as I had an emergency c section. I’m also worried about trying again. The first time is so exciting and fresh. Number 2 has a lot to live up to if number 1 has been a good experience. Eep.
Thank you, it’s been a lot haha. The only thing I’ll say is having the two pregnancies close has caused very low iron so I’m on supplements and feel very drained and weak. My body hasn’t had much time to recover so this pregnancy is very tough. But I’ll have two close bubbas so that’s cute! Lol.

It’s totally ok if she wants to do that. Rule is you put them on their backs to sleep, if they move onto their sides or front themselves it’s ok.

• Heart
I remember reading all your pregnancy and birth stories thinking how amazing you all are.

Baby o decided 6am was a reasonable time to wake up, so I brought her into bed with me and she laid there kicking and shouting and only just fell asleep and now we have to get up because we’re travelling to see my family today 😣

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Everleigh started that as soon as she could roll and then about a week after, changed to sleeping on her front.
I always panic to start with. Especially as she sleeps face down 😑
But it's perfectly safe to leave them like it

Has anyone with an older child got any tips for stopping them waking the baby? My three year old gets into the bedroom during almost every nap on the weekend and by the evening the baby is hysterical as she’s had no sleep. Tried telling her not to go in and she doesn’t listen.

• Sad
Has anyone with an older child got any tips for stopping them waking the baby? My three year old gets into the bedroom during almost every nap on the weekend and by the evening the baby is hysterical as she’s had no sleep. Tried telling her not to go in and she doesn’t listen.
Does baby nap by themselves?
If so can you shut yourself in the living room with your 3 year old and play?
This is usually what we do as Everleigh naps in the pushchair in the kitchen, so we go in the living room and close the doors

Reactions: 1
Does baby nap by themselves?
If so can you shut yourself in the living room with your 3 year old and play?
This is usually what we do as Everleigh naps in the pushchair in the kitchen, so we go in the living room and close the doors
I tend to stay with her for naps at the weekend as she’s been sleeping poorly anyway and it means If she wakes briefly due to wind or something I can settle her quickly, my OH is meant to keep her out the way but if he is busy doing something or goes to the toilet she seizes the chance to run in here at 500 miles an hour and start a racket. It’s the same at bedtime, I will be in here trying to feed the baby to sleep after bath time and she has to be with me otherwise it’s a meltdown. Which I get because it’s still learning to share me but it’s been nearly four months now and it wasn’t so bad in the sleepy newborn stage, now she’s in the more alert stage she definitely is affected by all the distraction and is hard to settle to sleep. She’s been a bit of a poor sleeper anyway so I’m trying to get a solid nap routine in place but it’s proving difficult as she’s just a light sleeper anyway. If it’s not her sister at the weekend it’s the doorbell during the week, sirens on the road, the door creaking etc. i thought if it was always noisy they would adapt 🤣
From a selfish perspective the baby naps are meant to give me an opportunity to rest also, as I’m up so much during the night I’m exhausted and when my eldest disturbs that I do feel resentful and feel bad about that to. With my first I didn’t start to feel human again until she was napping reliably during the day and I could have that time back to myself. Definitely at the age where I feel like if I had peace and quiet it might happen but with second baby there is never peace and quiet!

• Heart
I tend to stay with her for naps at the weekend as she’s been sleeping poorly anyway and it means If she wakes briefly due to wind or something I can settle her quickly, my OH is meant to keep her out the way but if he is busy doing something or goes to the toilet she seizes the chance to run in here at 500 miles an hour and start a racket. It’s the same at bedtime, I will be in here trying to feed the baby to sleep after bath time and she has to be with me otherwise it’s a meltdown. Which I get because it’s still learning to share me but it’s been nearly four months now and it wasn’t so bad in the sleepy newborn stage, now she’s in the more alert stage she definitely is affected by all the distraction and is hard to settle to sleep. She’s been a bit of a poor sleeper anyway so I’m trying to get a solid nap routine in place but it’s proving difficult as she’s just a light sleeper anyway. If it’s not her sister at the weekend it’s the doorbell during the week, sirens on the road, the door creaking etc. i thought if it was always noisy they would adapt 🤣
Could you get something for background noise?
Everleigh is a ridiculously light sleeper but have a fan on constantly in the room and she sleeps through everything because she barely hears it because of the constant fan noise.

Doesn't solve the toddler thing but might help with the waking up to slightest noises 😂

From a selfish perspective the baby naps are meant to give me an opportunity to rest also, as I’m up so much during the night I’m exhausted and when my eldest disturbs that I do feel resentful and feel bad about that to. With my first I didn’t start to feel human again until she was napping reliably during the day and I could have that time back to myself. Definitely at the age where I feel like if I had peace and quiet it might happen but with second baby there is never peace and quiet!
It sounds like maybe she is craving a bit of time with you, and maybe doesn’t quite get why the baby gets to have you alone for that time and she wants to join in. With the nicer weather I would get your OH to take her outside during the nap times, and then maybe after nap time you could swap with OH and do something just you a your 3yo?

Reactions: 1
So last night went ok-ish however, baby usually goes to dad in the baby carrier for a couple of hours in the evening (only place he sleeps apart from in bed with me) so I can get a couple of hours baby free, when it came to that time last night baby had a real tit fit and wouldn’t settle?! Wouldn’t go in the carrier on me or anything.

Ended up going to bed in the end 🙄 was really weird! Did he miss Daddy/the usual routine or is it a coincidence 🤔

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.