New baby and post birth advice #13 Because who wants to sleep anyway

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It is exhausting when they are very clingy, we've been in this phase for about 6 weeks now. I've had to do a wee with him on my lap, he then bursts into tears when I put him down to pull up my trousers! He's nearly 14 months which blows my mind, the time does really fly.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I wish my partner would hurry up and contact the doctors about it 😂

Did he have to wait long?
When I asked about it to a midwife, she said the waiting lists are 3 years long!
3 years 😱 he contacted them the week I was due, so it took about 8/9 ish weeks 😂 he was supposed to have it done after the last baby, but chickened out, then covid hit, then we decided to have one more and he wouldnt have it done when I was pregnant, just in case. Honestly, I’m so sad 😂😂

Ahh friend I know how you feel! I had my tubes tied when I had my section, and it makes me so sad knowing no more babies 😭😭😭 I think I’d happily keep popping them out forever if my husband let me 🙈
When I had toddler bean, I was supposed to be section because he was breech (moved just before and didn’t know) the surgeon came in and was like, ‘section and to be sterilised’ and I looked at my husband, thinking, what has he said to them 😂 they got the wrong person, but could you imagine 😱
I would keep having them too. I hate pregnancy, labour isn’t the nicest things, all the after birth stuff, but I look at baby bean and I would happily do it all again 😂

Awww I know I keep thinking maybe I should have another and then I remember how much I hated giving birth and I say no. 😂
Also I’m not getting any younger and if I did have another (not yet im too exhausted from this one) I’ll be pushing 37 so I don’t know if the odds will be in my favour
Oh, I actually liked my last labour 😬 I would do it again if I knew I was having that one
Yer, I started at 21, 13 years ago, 4 babies and not getting any younger. I’ll just enjoy the ones I got 😭

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
3 years 😱 he contacted them the week I was due, so it took about 8/9 ish weeks 😂 he was supposed to have it done after the last baby, but chickened out, then covid hit, then we decided to have one more and he wouldnt have it done when I was pregnant, just in case. Honestly, I’m so sad 😂😂

When I had toddler bean, I was supposed to be section because he was breech (moved just before and didn’t know) the surgeon came in and was like, ‘section and to be sterilised’ and I looked at my husband, thinking, what has he said to them 😂 they got the wrong person, but could you imagine 😱
I would keep having them too. I hate pregnancy, labour isn’t the nicest things, all the after birth stuff, but I look at baby bean and I would happily do it all again 😂

Oh, I actually liked my last labour 😬 I would do it again if I knew I was having that one
Yer, I started at 21, 13 years ago, 4 babies and not getting any younger. I’ll just enjoy the ones I got 😭
I was induced and didn’t enjoy any of it 😂 (apart from the end result obviously)

Reactions: 1
Today the baby has had a couple of cat naps for like 20 minutes. I’ve not managed to get anything done even dressed. How on earth I’m going to get out the house tomorrow for half 10 I don’t know (got my appointment to have the coil 😖😖)

• Heart
Hi everyone, first time posting in this thread. I had my baby boy on Thursday morning, stayed one night in hospital and have been home since. I’m sure this is really common, but I’m literally not getting any sleep and I don’t know how much longer I can do this, I’m so scared of falling asleep with him in my arms but I’m exhausted. He is content Aslong as he’s being held, but as soon as he’s put down he won’t settle and cries, then the moment he’s picked up again he’s fine. I’m also trying to BF so I’m the one who’s up with him all night. I’m having a couple of naps during the day, but they are about an hour long if that. Does anyone have any tips for settling a newborn in the early days? We have a next to me crib but he won’t go in it 😣
Congratulations!! All I can recommend is breastfeeding laying down in bed and co sleeping. Will he sleep on your husband/partner or in a sling? we did that and he'd bring him to me for feeds (still does :ROFLMAO: ) it's tough but they're so tiny, the fourth trimester is very real, it does get easier

• Heart
I was induced and didn’t enjoy any of it 😂 (apart from the end result obviously)
I was induced with all 3. Enjoyed the first which made me gladly have a second... Second was awful still have trauma from the second. Eventually convinced myself to have a 3rd and loved the 3rd birth. So much so I remember reading @Kitt s messages when she was being induced and felt jealous she was getting to do it 😂😂

That's good to know! I've lost count how many times I've asked him to call the doctors and sort it and every time it's "but I don't know what to say and I don't really like phone calls"

But it's okay for me who has panic attacks over phone calls to have to call up every 12 weeks for contraception though ay? 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
Today the baby has had a couple of cat naps for like 20 minutes. I’ve not managed to get anything done even dressed. How on earth I’m going to get out the house tomorrow for half 10 I don’t know (got my appointment to have the coil 😖😖)
Ooo please feed back on how it goes! I’m really tempted to get one but unsure at the moment. Semi tempted to go back on the pill and see how that goes even though I really didn’t get on with it last time

Been crying the last hour as I accidentally cut t2 skin with the nail scissors. It bled lots and she screamed. God I feel so awful 😢

Hi everyone, first time posting in this thread. I had my baby boy on Thursday morning, stayed one night in hospital and have been home since. I’m sure this is really common, but I’m literally not getting any sleep and I don’t know how much longer I can do this, I’m so scared of falling asleep with him in my arms but I’m exhausted. He is content Aslong as he’s being held, but as soon as he’s put down he won’t settle and cries, then the moment he’s picked up again he’s fine. I’m also trying to BF so I’m the one who’s up with him all night. I’m having a couple of naps during the day, but they are about an hour long if that. Does anyone have any tips for settling a newborn in the early days? We have a next to me crib but he won’t go in it 😣
Is your partner able to watch you whilst you sleep with baby boy on you? That’s what we had to do a few times in the early days x

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Ooo please feed back on how it goes! I’m really tempted to get one but unsure at the moment. Semi tempted to go back on the pill and see how that goes even though I really didn’t get on with it last time
Sorry being a busy body 🤣 you didn’t ask me but I had it put in early Jan and it’s been fine. Slightly uncomfortable when they insert it and bled for a few days. Some days I’m conscious of it and can feel it but I haven’t for two weeks now. Bled after some impromptu valentines romance so will keep an eye on that but all in all, it’s ok.

Been crying the last hour as I accidentally cut t2 skin with the nail scissors. It bled lots and she screamed. God I feel so awful 😢

Is your partner able to watch you whilst you sleep with baby boy on you? That’s what we had to do a few times in the early days x
Omg I did that too, heartbreaking isn’t it. Baby tango bled for over an hour! It was on her clothes, face, ear, my clothes. I tried to file them but the sound made me feel sick. Only positive was she cried for less than a minute and was fine after x

• Heart
I will do. I’m dreading it but want something none hormonal especially with breastfeeding.

Oh no I’ve done this too! It’s horrible isn’t it!! My baby screamed and it looked like it would never stop bleeding. I called my mum crying. I felt awful. But seriously the next day it had nearly healed. It was a relief 💖💖💖

Reactions: 2
Sorry being a busy body 🤣 you didn’t ask me but I had it put in early Jan and it’s been fine. Slightly uncomfortable when they insert it and bled for a few days. Some days I’m conscious of it and can feel it but I haven’t for two weeks now. Bled after some impromptu valentines romance so will keep an eye on that but all in all, it’s ok.

Omg I did that too, heartbreaking isn’t it. Baby tango bled for over an hour! It was on her clothes, face, ear, my clothes. I tried to file them but the sound made me feel sick. Only positive was she cried for less than a minute and was fine after x
Fabulous! I think I’m overthinking it to be honest, I need something a bit more permanent because we’re deffo not planning on having any more for a while/if ever but panicked about the pain as I’ve only had c sections 😂 such a whimp! Did you go for copper coil or the other one?

Fabulous! I think I’m overthinking it to be honest, I need something a bit more permanent because we’re deffo not planning on having any more for a while/if ever but panicked about the pain as I’ve only had c sections 😂 such a whimp! Did you go for copper coil or the other one?
I had a c section too! I shouted at the dr “get out!” when he checked how dilated I was and refused to let anyone else up there 😆 it’s like an uncomfortable smear. I had no options other than copper coil, condoms or multiple pregnancies! But so far so good, I’m happy with it! My period was really heavy too which I’ve never had but the nurse said that could calm down

• Haha
I had a c section too! I shouted at the dr “get out!” when he checked how dilated I was and refused to let anyone else up there 😆 it’s like an uncomfortable smear. I had no options other than copper coil, condoms or multiple pregnancies! But so far so good, I’m happy with it! My period was really heavy too which I’ve never had but the nurse said that could calm down
How long did it take? I’m very aware my baby is not going to sit in her pram patiently whilst I sit and wince getting inserted haha.

How long did it take? I’m very aware my baby is not going to sit in her pram patiently whilst I sit and wince getting inserted haha.
Oh not long ago all! I was on the table for about 5 mins. Baby tango was turned away, you could bring a toy she hasn’t had for a while and give it to her as soon as you pop on the table

or get there 15 mins early to take her out and have a little stretch and look around then back in while you’re in the table

Oh not long ago all! I was on the table for about 5 mins. Baby tango was turned away, you could bring a toy she hasn’t had for a while and give it to her as soon as you pop on the table

or get there 15 mins early to take her out and have a little stretch and look around then back in while you’re in the table

Oh good. Yeah I will do. We always travel with a bag of toys now. Tbh she’s spent about 15 minutes right now playing with a muslin cloth haha.

Oh good. Yeah I will do. We always travel with a bag of toys now. Tbh she’s spent about 15 minutes right now playing with a muslin cloth haha.
Oh don’t get me started, a bag for bottles, a bag for nappies/spare clothes, a bag for new toys. I had to throw in a food pouch and spoon too! I need a suitcase for her 😆

• Haha
@WhatABore just saw your post about being jealous when I was induced hahah you mad woman. I would get induced again but I don’t want to be stuck at the hospital for a few days again when Finn is at home. I’d miss him so much. Will have to see how this pregnancy goes to see if I’ll need one and make you jealous again 😂

• Haha
Ok glad I’m not the only one that’s messed up with cutting nails 😣. I’ve just changed her nappy and she’s giggled at me so think she’s recovered now from her ordeal. God I still feel so guilty though!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.