Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Rxt156

VIP Member
Hey everyone!! I am new here from the pregnancy thread. Had my baby yesterday after arriving at hosp already 9cm dilated 😆 sent everyone into PANIC and he arrived a few hours later ❤❤❤
All advice welcomed!!!!! X

• Heart
Reactions: 21

Definitelyme

VIP Member
10 months old today 😭😭😭😭 I told him yesterday he can stay this age forever. Every time I’m snuggling him I feel so sad I’ll never have another baby, so pretty sure I’ll be forcing him to breastfeed and cosleep until he’s moving out 🤣 “come on baby! Time for boobies!” “Mum please, I’m going out with my mates, leave me alone”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

LongishCat

VIP Member
Not up to date with the thread. But I consider you all my anonymous friends and I appreciate how supportive you've all been so far with everything that's going on with my parents and FIL.
My dad's in the hospital. We don't really know what's going on yet, but he had lots of pain yesterday. Oncologist is still positive that there are other chemo treatments that might help. FIL is also not feeling too great.
I'm shattered...

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 19

Chickenandgravy

VIP Member
My first day/night out since September (I'm driving but still) and guess who absolutely ripped the arse out it last night at a works party and now I can't go because there is no way I can leave the baby with him in that state.

FUCKING MEN

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

PineappleTopper

Chatty Member
Yay!! how are you and baby? X

Love this haha

Thank you 💖💖
We’re good thanks lovely. Me and mr pineapple got married last week. Had to leave baby pina with her grandparents for nearly 6 days. It was tough But oh so worth it. Had a gorgeous time away with my man and enjoyed reconnecting 🍆💦😜 hadn’t done it since baby was born nearly 5 months ago 🤣 anyone else’s sex drive just gone out of the window? Mr pineapple and me wanted to sooner but he assumed I was on birth control which miffed me a bit as I’ve been on it for years, so I figured it was his time to get organised and buy some condoms.
Mini pina is doing great. she is a lush little bubba 🍍

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 18

Babyyoda88

VIP Member
Ugh I’m not very happy 😔 I’m afraid I’m going to go on about this woman again…MIL. (Sorry)
She text today saying she’s coming round. Not asking if it’s ok not asking when. She arrives during babys afternoon nap, “oh I need a set day every week with her like your parents get” (my parents don’t live close they come for the day to make the most of it, to actually help me out and plus I want to spend time with them they’re my parents we’re very close. She’ll get a day with baby when I’m back in work. She’s having her every Friday. I’m not giving up a day every single week to sit in the house with her- it’s my maternity leave and my precious time with my baby).

she made a bitchy comment about my sister in law (my brothers wife) being one of my baby’s godparents- like that’s any of her business, my sister in law is a very proud Aunty and I’m very close to her boy my nephew and I’m his godmother).

She wakes baby up, baby isn’t happy doesn’t smile at her, which she’s gutted about because she takes it personally. Baby ends up screaming the house down. She passes baby back to me says she can’t do anything to help and she’s going to leave. By leave she meant lurk in the door way so every time baby starts to settle she says something and wakes her up screaming again.

I wanted to tell just leave by this point!! She finally does.

Baby has been hard work now all night. I’m trying to cook and wash up and she’s just very unhappy wants to be held. Even screaming in the bath which she doesn’t do.

My partner tells me that I should have said no to his mum coming. The same partner who also agrees that I should spend a set day every week with his mum (no thanks). I said I can’t tell her know she’ll just get upset and cry again. She literally did this last week when I said no her coming when I’d just had the coil in. I can’t just come and see the baby cry cry cry- she was seeing her the next day anyway!
Partner takes offence to that and storms out.

I’m just done with them both. She’s ruining my maternity leave. I don’t want to see her again.

Apologies that was a long moan

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17

LongishCat

VIP Member
My dad can go home today! 🎉

Kitten slept well for the first time in ages!
She wasn't feeding as much during the day lately, 4 to 5 hours between feeds. But at night she'd wake up crying and hungry about every 2 hours.
I asked my midwife what I could do and she recommended to feed her more during the day. So did that yesterday and Kitten only woke up once last night! So happy, because I was absolutely knackered.

Just received a message from our daycare. The lady who runs it tested positive for covid. Kitten was supposed to have a trial day (morning) next Tuesday, but that has been cancelled. So her first time at daycare will immediately be a full day while I'm at work 💔 Oh, I'm going to cry so much leaving her there :(

• Heart

Omnictionary

Partner has woken up early and gone to the gym before work, totally fine, except I had a cry last night about feeling a bit overwhelmed with keeping up with cleaning the house (my OCD is not having a fun time), washing, expressing etc with the baby so refluxy I can’t put her down because she’s so sad.
Really glad he got up and left the baby grizzly in her next to me because she needs feeding, and a kitchen full of washing up I thought he’d done last night. 😠🙄

• Sad
  • Heart

Kitt

VIP Member
I did it. We went to the stay and play. I spoke to another mom and Finn held a toy horse and that’s all he did 😂 feel so proud of myself for going. Walked the 40 mins in but couldn’t manage all the way back so husband came and rescued us.

• Heart

LongishCat

VIP Member
Sorry to read so many of you are having shit times.
Also apologies, because I feel like I only post here to moan and be sad.
Kitten had one okay night and it's been getting progressively worse since then. Guess it's 4 month sleep regression? She feeds so often during the day (about every 3 hours) and wakes up about every two hours at night. I'm so exhausted I can't sleep, my head and throat hurt. I honestly feel sick.
Kitten has been very velcro lately, so I assume she's also not feeling too well, poor thing.
Also just got news the chemo for my FIL isn't working, so they're stopping treatment.
And I have to go back to work next week.
I honestly feel stressed and shit and feel like my milk supply is decreasing as Ktten often needs two breasts again. Even with how often she's feeding.
I honestly just find myself crying more often than not.
My OH is really trying to help though, which I appreciate. But ofcourse he doesn't have any useful boobs.
Ugh, Kitten's crying again 💔

• Heart
  • Sad

I’mThankyou_

VIP Member
I've worked out, since last Friday I've had 15 hours sleep🙃
Mr Thankyou confirmed he won't be back till end of May. I'm honestly this 🤏 close to shooting myself in the head.

• Sad
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 16

Trombolese

Chatty Member
Hi everyone, first time posting in this thread. I had my baby boy on Thursday morning, stayed one night in hospital and have been home since. I’m sure this is really common, but I’m literally not getting any sleep and I don’t know how much longer I can do this, I’m so scared of falling asleep with him in my arms but I’m exhausted. He is content Aslong as he’s being held, but as soon as he’s put down he won’t settle and cries, then the moment he’s picked up again he’s fine. I’m also trying to BF so I’m the one who’s up with him all night. I’m having a couple of naps during the day, but they are about an hour long if that. Does anyone have any tips for settling a newborn in the early days? We have a next to me crib but he won’t go in it 😣

• Heart
Reactions: 15

Lulu Goss

VIP Member
We visited the in laws today, had a nice time and they were pleased to see baby Goss. I get on really well with them, they’re lovely people and they dote on her. My FIL made a comment though that I really didn’t like - baby was sitting on my knee next to him and smiling at him, and he said something along the lines of “did you see her fluttering her eyelashes at me then, she’s flirting with me”

I’m not making excuses for him but I genuinely don’t think he meant it like that. But WHY does the word flirting even come into a sentence about a baby? Babies do not flirt! I’m especially sensitive about that sort of thing because I was abused by a family member as a child. I don’t even think I can bring it up to my partner without it sounding like I’m accusing his dad, but it made me feel so uncomfortable.

• Sad
  • Sick

Crazycatlady18

VIP Member
I think we’re going to have to take little one to a&e. I’m at a loss now. She won’t eat, she’s crying no tears, her soft spots sunken. We’ve always had problems feeding her and with wind, I must wind her 50 times a bloody day but it’s worse then ever.
i had to cancel my gp apt for her wind because we all got covid.
her suck is so weak, she’s just nibbling at it, and if you stop to burp her it’s game over, but she won’t feed well as she has a burp.
There’s no temp any more but she’s still snotty and coughing, I just don’t know what else to do. I’m starting to get really worried about her 😭

• Heart
  • Sad

Omnictionary

Baby’s second smile today went to…..a random lady who talked to her in a charity shop.
Still none for me or her dad 😂

• Haha
  • Heart

Kitt

VIP Member
Isn’t it amazing how good you feel when you can get shit done? I had a terrible nights sleep last night so when Finn had his afternoon nap, I had one too so I’ve felt alright this evening for once. We started a proper bedtime routine tonight - bath, book, bottle and in bed around 8:30, went swimmingly and he was asleep at 8:45. Here’s hoping he makes it til 7 now. My husband bathed him while I cleaned all of downstairs then we all got into bed and read a story and then I fed Finn and put him to bed and then my husband got into bed and relaxed and I had a cup of tea and read downstairs. Then I’ve just spent half hour sorting out laundry and doing other bits. What a success, I feel great. I’ve felt so shit recently with being so weak and I’ve felt so helpless as I’ve just wanted to rest and doing anything for 5 mins made me want to pass out so this evening has felt brill to feel productive.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

WhatABore

VIP Member
So my almost 4 year old has just whispered to her Dad.. "How about we put Mummy under ground"
🤔 Um. Should I be concerned 😂

Update to that... She's just said "Let's put you to sleep"
And then attempted to karate chop me in the neck and drag my feet.

It's been nice knowing you all

• Haha
Reactions: 14