Netflix - Fool Me Once

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was so excited for this series. Seen so many FB posts about it being the best thing some people have ever watched. I now feel sorry for those people and what they’ve been watching all their lives. I honestly thought it was terrible. I guessed who had done it way before the end. It could have been done in 1 longer episode.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I was so excited for this series. Seen so many FB posts about it being the best thing some people have ever watched. I now feel sorry for those people and what they’ve been watching all their lives. I honestly thought it was terrible. I guessed who had done it way before the end. It could have been done in 1 longer episode.
Because its netflix, coben and the insufferable keegan, the sheep masses all think its the best 😆😆😆

Reactions: 12
We are on episode 6, May just doesn't work as a character. She just doesn't suit the part she is playing and there are so many parts to this that dont make sense. Her sister and husband murdered and she leaves the toddler with anyone who will have her as much as possible. Also her hair looks like she is going to a Debs/prom 😂🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I actually really liked this and thought many different things through the whole series. Didn’t guess the ending until the last minute

Reactions: 9
The ill, piss poor detective and that crappy acting goon sidekick of his were abysmal, added nothing to the investigation

The half brother and the ex - why? Zero relevance to the storyline

Emmett Scanlan - total waste of character, didn't explain his shifty ways at night, tagging her car. I put it down as him being a bit obsessed with her

I found the pharmaceutical botched pills storyline stupid, and out of all the big pharmas in the world, the detective happened to be using the pills from the family.

And what happened if Keegan couldn't be arsed checking the nanny cam, there wouldn't be a series at all.

I think it's time to give these Coben series to bed, they're mediocre at best.
Good summary, You've captured most of what I was going to say.

The sidekick detective was OTT and added nothing.
The actions of the main detective in the last episode would have had serious consequences for him and he certainly wouldn't have been reinstated. (Maybe they did have consequences, we don't really know.)

Her decision that got her kicked out of the army was stupid, and from her vantage point and with the heat she was packing, she could have waited to see how events panned out rather than acting when she did. Her sacking was justified.

Reactions: 4
Didn't mind it actually.

Michelle was not too bad and her face moved!

Emmett J Scanlan, defo needs a beard to be attractive.

When she shot the civilian car, her nails were painted perfectly, can't imagine that in a war situation, no chips at all. And the same colour for the programme.

Guessed who the killer was early on.

Reactions: 13
Didn't mind it, was easy to binge although could have been done in fewer episodes and storylines like the half brother felt pointless in the end! Are any of the other Coben adaptations worth a watch?

Reactions: 2
Am only on episode 3 but Michelle Keegan is very well dressed for a recent widow. also i find myself asking ‘where is her kid?’ a lot. On episode 2 I said ‘what time is she meant to pick her kid up at nursery?’ cos it felt like she’d been out for days

Emmett Scanlan really needs his beard back

And that’s all for now

Reactions: 14
I’m on my third episode so far it’s doing enough to keep me interested. I thought Michelle was doing a good job but the way she’s dressed and made up. She is coming across as a trophy wife and to polished for the role. I just don’t think the character suits her
An the concept of the series should have been set in America with an American cast it’s just too far fetched for all this to take place in northwest England like as if this would really happen

An the concept of the series should have been set in America with an American cast it’s just too far fetched for all this to take place in northwest England like as if this would really happen
I agree, the author Harlan Coben is American and his books are set in America so I have no idea why they keep turning them into British series’

I agree, the author Harlan Coben is American and his books are set in America so I have no idea why they keep turning them into British series’
He needs to start filming in America it’s just all not very British

Reactions: 8
Has anyone read any of his books? If so are they better than this adaptations
Haven't had chance to watch this series yet going to start after work today

Reactions: 2
To be fair, most murder mystery stories have several red herrings and plotlines that don't end up being linked directly to the murder. It's to make the list of suspects larger to keep you guessing. That's why the half-brother storyline felt a bit pointless; you're meant to think "ahh that was exactly what it seemed after all".

I don't think it was amazing but I enjoyed it for what it was. It kept me fairly gripped and guessing. I agree the sidekick detective fell flat. The aim was probably for a 'jokey' character to be in contrast to the main detective, but he just ended up being annoying. It made me think of Midsomer Murders which is meant to be part comedy whereas Fool Me Once is supposed to be serious.

To be fair, most murder mystery stories have several red herrings and plotlines that don't end up being linked directly to the murder. It's to make the list of suspects larger to keep you guessing. That's why the half-brother storyline felt a bit pointless; you're meant to think "ahh that was exactly what it seemed after all".

I don't think it was amazing but I enjoyed it for what it was. It kept me fairly gripped and guessing. I agree the sidekick detective fell flat. The aim was probably for a 'jokey' character to be in contrast to the main detective, but he just ended up being annoying. It made me think of Midsomer Murders which is meant to be part comedy whereas Fool Me Once is supposed to be serious.
Yeah it’s like modsomer murders on steroids Uber hyped up

Reactions: 4
We are on episode 6, May just doesn't work as a character. She just doesn't suit the part she is playing and there are so many parts to this that dont make sense. Her sister and husband murdered and she leaves the toddler with anyone who will have her as much as possible. Also her hair looks like she is going to a Debs/prom 😂🙈
Maya's expression didn't change even after she'd been shot!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Just finished the last ep and still haven’t got a scooby what Shane’s character was for or about! So I’ll just chalk to down to a shifty bloke whose arc made no sense!

It was ridiculous.

Why are these adaptations of Harlan Coben so shite?

The best one I've seen is the French adaptation of Tell No One

Reactions: 3