Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MrsBouvier

Chatty Member
And yet I already know that I will watch the hell out of these, then hate myself for having wasted my precious time on such utter swill šŸ˜
Same. Iā€™ve binge watched four of the series in the past week and with every one I give out that itā€™s pure crapā€¦.then proceed to start another one.

• Haha
Reactions: 8

AshMay

VIP Member
Yeah ngl it doesn't make me want to read the book! It was an easy enough watch but dragged by the last couple of eps and the epilogue was corny lol, plus as we've all said you never actually connect with the main character and tbh her being a gun toting war criminal just makes her more unlikeable.

Had forgotten about Lily in the bushes saying dada. Maybe it was Shane lurking in there šŸ˜‚

Reactions: 7

Luce0331

VIP Member
Watching it now, not got my hopes too high as I thought the other two Harlan Coben series were ridiculous
---

Disneylover

VIP Member
Donā€™t get why everyone is so up Michelleā€™s arse over this. She is just Tina from Corrie in it and always will be no matter the role
Agree, I finished it last night and she is such a wooden actress! Yeah sheā€™s the same in every role. I just couldnā€™t take her seriously when she had the gun in the car park and was swearing (donā€™t want to give too much away for people who are still watching) her expression never changes and I was so distracted by her face and all the work sheā€™s had done. Sheā€™s just ok and thatā€™s it, Iā€™m guessing because this series in on Netflix people think sheā€™s made it big, I donā€™t get it either. I donā€™t think people can take her seriously due to her choice of Husband šŸ˜‚
---
Exactly sheā€™s nothing compared to Jodie comer
Jodie Comer and Michelle Keegan donā€™t belong in the same sentence šŸ˜‚

• Haha

martha82

Chatty Member
Finished Fool me once last night
Omg I loved it šŸ¤Ŗ
But can anyone explain why Shane was lurking about outside mayas house and set her alarm off one time?

londongirl2001

VIP Member
Hollywood is calling for Michelle Keegan based on this?!!!! Really?

It is appalling. The script is terrible. That and the combination of very bad acting. Iā€™ve actually laughed out loud in places, and Iā€™m honestly not being too harsh.
The acting from quite a lot of the supporting cast are like pantomime acting. Michelle Keegan is Michelle Keegan. Pretty much from the opening scene where sheā€™s burying her husband, there is next to no emotion from her face, or anyone elseā€™s faces for that matter. It all feels very half arsed. Michelle Keeganā€™s make up looks nice, even after a tough work out and after sheā€™s face planted the woodland floor.

Iā€™m on episode 3 and I think after this iā€™ll give up. Iā€™ve only just finished watching The Squid Games, and when youā€™ve been spoiled by the quality of that production, and then move onto this, it feels woefully feeble.

Alsoā€¦ this - WTF?!!
I stopped watching in the middle of episode 4. I had never read or watched anything by this writer, but wow, the way you could tell Maya was written by a man who has never met a woman šŸ˜‚ add to that her robotic acting, there was nothing appealing about this lead to me.
Also, I hate when characters do dumb things or just donā€™t do a logical thing simply because the writer has pages to fill. One example: the detectives interviewing the nanny. Why on earth do you not ask her where the sd card is?? You were so close?

Reactions: 6

Pontiac_Bandit

VIP Member
Binged it over two days and enjoyed it/wanted to know the outcome but also thought it was a load of old tosh that was horribly acted in parts and had a comedic amount of sudden dramatic music šŸ¤£ some of the twists were genuinely shocking/surprising though, and Sami's realisation about his health and resolution of that towards the end made me cry, but that could be because I was up with my baby half the night so can't think straight šŸ˜…

I quite enjoyed the outcome - I agree parts seemed utterly pointless but I think Maya digging for the truth was because she knew what had happened but not why.

Michelle Keegan definitely had Surname Jones vibes, and with her voice being more gruff and exaggeratedly northern when she was angry she sounded like Mel B šŸ˜‚

Overall it was enjoyable crap that passed some time when I was tired and not feeling well!

Bagpuss20

VIP Member
im not sure I have this 100% right but did lily have a baby in ith the army bloke whoā€™d known her since she was a small child? Icky šŸ¤¢
I enjoyed watching it but the plot had more holes than Swiss cheese! MK is wooden and JL out acts them all.
---

Iā€™m guessing it was changed because itā€™s easier to make the actors look 18 years older rather then 25
No there was a young bloke their who was clearly the father. Army guy was probably there as he was one of her mums oldest friends who she probably trusted and saw as a link back to her mum.

BorisBear

VIP Member
The whole show was crap, Eastenders was better. Actually Iā€™d rather sit & watch Miranda

Natalie Cassidy is a better actress than Keegs

Dollenganger

VIP Member
I enjoyed the convoluted plot but some of it seemed futile, like the half brother. Also the dialogue just didnā€™t ring true. In what world do people knock on someoneā€™s door and demand to speak to them as a complete stranger with no explanation??
---
Yes her hair and clothes are impeccable and face never shows any emotion regardless of what happens.
thatā€™s the trouble with Botox. Not that I wouldnā€™t have it myself but when youā€™re an actor it causes issuesā€¦

Remotecontrol

VIP Member
I just presumed Shane tracked her as he knew she was being economical with the truth with him, and given he was doing favours for her he wanted to know what was up.

It was diverting enough tosh. I will probably watch next yearā€™s one. Which will also have Richard Armitage in it.

Reactions: 5

im_like_an_adult_cat

Apologies, I've not read this thread incase of spoilers, but just wondering something...!
We've just watched the third episode, and honestly.. It's shite! The acting is shite. I want to know how it ends though! So if we skip to the last episode will it make sense or do we need to watch the whole bloody thing?? šŸ¤¦šŸ¼ā€ā™€ļø

yellowmellow

VIP Member
Watched this against my will after my other half telling me it would be really good. I said it would be tosh and it was tosh šŸ¤£ Agree with a previous comment about the whole premise basically being Maya dumping her kid to run here there and everywhere to solve a murder committed by her and a murder committed by her husband. Just not believable at all. The only thing I've ever thought Michelle was good in is Our Girl, but she did not suit this role at all. Far too glam and not motherly at all. I guessed it was Maya that killed Joe as soon as the hidden handgun was shown in the gun safe. Was the 18 year flashforward really necessary?? I have to say, I don't usually watch things like this as I just pick them apart šŸ˜… so not sure if I've seen any other HC adaptions but I certainly won't be rushing to watch any more.

Liverbird2003

VIP Member
I've just finished it. I enjoyed it but the ending was a bit of a let down for me. I was surprised who killed him though. I know it isn't real but she took the easy way out by letting them kill her.

Oohthedrama

Iconic Member
So many plot holes in that series but overall it was brilliant, I find all of HCā€™s books have real promise, but always have major ā€œTHAT COULD NOT HAPPENā€ flaws.
Michelle is a brilliant actress. For a British made thriller without a Hollywood budget it done really well.