Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LeWylde

Watched it over the last couple of days and no offence but the constant dramatic music absolutely ruined it for me. Sure it’s meant to build suspense but it just felt so OTT.

Also, every set/location felt so clean and sterile in a way that seems artificial. Anyone else find that off-putting?

Reactions: 11

CarrierPigeon

VIP Member
Michelle reminded me so much of Suranne Jones
Yes but with far less gurning than Suranne.
---
Just finished it, but I have some point to make!
I enjoyed it, but there was no need for 8 episodes, I think it could’ve been done better in 4 or 6 episodes.

- Did the writer decide to make Shane a baddy half way through, and then forget?

- What was the point of the half brother? Was it to make Eddie appear Geldof-esque?

- I guessed straight away that the very annoying Sami was being poisoned

- Why why WHY did Sami turn up at the hospital to see Lilly’s baby?! “Hey Lilly, remember that useless detective who failed to protect your mum at your nana’s house? Well, he’s coming to see you and your baby! He’s got glasses now an’ everything!”

- Was it just me who thought that Shane was Lilly’s baby’s daddy?? I thought that was such a strange twist, but I’ve since read that he’s a family friend. I can’t be the only person who thought that, surely?!

Finally, I like Michelle Keegan as a screen actress.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Ditzymama28

VIP Member
Was looking forward to this as had enjoyed the other series by the author (safe, the stranger,stay close) but this one fizzled out by about episode 4 🤷🏼‍♀️also by now was sick of seeing Michelle Keegan getting in her car and driving off ...somewhere.. again!!
The extra ending bit was absolutely ridiculous and wasn't needed imo 🙄 wonder if it was actually in the book ?!

• Haha

Tinkerbell cat

VIP Member
I quite liked it! It wasn't ground-breaking by any stretch but it was an easy watch, I binged it in a day.
I think it's probably one of the better things Mich Keegan has done.
I loveee Emmett Scanlan :love:

N0sey.P4rker

Chatty Member
I enjoyed it for what it was. It had me hooked anyway.

I suggested to my partner who the killer may be quite early on, but never considered the link.

I’m still confused about Shane’s part - the sneaking in the garden and tagging the car

I thought the half brother might have turned out to be the whistleblower.

Reactions: 10

Dollenganger

VIP Member
Maya seem to be leaving her little girl, with who ever she could given the stress and paranoia that she must’ve been going through it just doesn’t ringtail. You would want to keep your little girl close.
I completely agree. She’d be leaving Lily with someone 5 minutes after having a row with them. Literally makes no sense.

Chatty9

We are on episode 6, May just doesn't work as a character. She just doesn't suit the part she is playing and there are so many parts to this that dont make sense. Her sister and husband murdered and she leaves the toddler with anyone who will have her as much as possible. Also her hair looks like she is going to a Debs/prom 😂🙈

• Haha

PurvyPanda

VIP Member
Hollywood is calling for Michelle Keegan based on this?!!!! Really?

It is appalling. The script is terrible. That and the combination of very bad acting. I’ve actually laughed out loud in places, and I’m honestly not being too harsh.
The acting from quite a lot of the supporting cast are like pantomime acting. Michelle Keegan is Michelle Keegan. Pretty much from the opening scene where she’s burying her husband, there is next to no emotion from her face, or anyone else’s faces for that matter. It all feels very half arsed. Michelle Keegan’s make up looks nice, even after a tough work out and after she’s face planted the woodland floor.

I’m on episode 3 and I think after this i’ll give up. I’ve only just finished watching The Squid Games, and when you’ve been spoiled by the quality of that production, and then move onto this, it feels woefully feeble.

Also… this - WTF?!!

IMG_8040.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Haha

blocknroll

Just finished this last night and it proper annoyed me.

If she knew the whole time that Joe killed her sister and why… what was the whole point of being lead on a merry goose chase about it for 7 episodes?!

Reactions: 9

Curiouscupcake

Re the very end, I just sort of assumed that Sami felt so bad for not going with Maya to help that he ended up staying close to Lily and Eddie because he felt like it was his fault…. But as I typed that, I realised that the way him and Eddie spoke was as if they hadn’t seen each other for years so yeah, totally weird he would go to the hospital or even know there was a baby.

Win

VIP Member
I particularly liked the part when the nephew found a piece of paper with his DNA results on in a random box.
What a bag of bollocks.

• Haha

bcat1998

I actually really liked this and thought many different things through the whole series. Didn’t guess the ending until the last minute

Disneylover

VIP Member
I enjoyed it for what it was. It had me hooked anyway.

I suggested to my partner who the killer may be quite early on, but never considered the link.

I’m still confused about Shane’s part - the sneaking in the garden and tagging the car

I thought the half brother might have turned out to be the whistleblower.
I’m confused about Shane too, maybe he tagged the car out of concern for her but they made him look sinister.

Debzz9

The book didn't have anything about the step brother or the detective taking dodgy pills. The end scene was also set 25 years later not 18 year so not really sure why that was changed 🤔 Her best friend who gave her the nanny cam was also called Eileen, I'm sure in the series it was different. Only other change I can think of was it wasn't a gaming arcade it was a strip club in the book

Reactions: 8

Cindy-Lou Who

Chatty Member
The worst bit for me was when she was flying the helicopter, looked down and saw the car that was following her straight away and landed it in a random field. Like, how close to the ground was she flying to be able to see that it was that car?! I know there was a tracker but still.
Maybe it annoyed me more than it should have but after that bit I was out.

• Heart

Jas19/2

VIP Member
I agree, the author Harlan Coben is American and his books are set in America so I have no idea why they keep turning them into British series’
He needs to start filming in America it’s just all not very British