Neighbours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yes I don’t like Hendrix and Mackenzie together. Feels like they were just put together as they were the same age.
Oh I really like the two of them together! They've made each other so much more interesting and bearable characters in a way that I could believe it to be a proper, healthy relationship. Hendrix was a petulant spoiled brat and Mackenzie seemed to stand up to him, and I think he's become a really nice guy. Mackenzie was really serious and stuck up but Hendrix encourage her to be more fun and exciting. But neither have them completely changed- they both make a point of liking the other's quirks that would probably otherwise make them really annoying (i.e. because Hendrix seems to like Mac being really into her work, it makes her smugness about it less annoying because he's telling us it's cute?) I think there's something to be said about having the jack-the-lad type handsome rich dude be with a trans character where that has never once been something mentioned, he absolutely isn't bothered by it, which would have been a direction many shows might have taken that relationship. I think the lack of chemistry is that they're both not great actors and they've been given some really awkward dialogue. I dunno, I think I've gotten a bit soft post covid, I just like seeing people be nice and happy.

Reactions: 6
Oh I really like the two of them together! They've made each other so much more interesting and bearable characters in a way that I could believe it to be a proper, healthy relationship. Hendrix was a petulant spoiled brat and Mackenzie seemed to stand up to him, and I think he's become a really nice guy. Mackenzie was really serious and stuck up but Hendrix encourage her to be more fun and exciting. But neither have them completely changed- they both make a point of liking the other's quirks that would probably otherwise make them really annoying (i.e. because Hendrix seems to like Mac being really into her work, it makes her smugness about it less annoying because he's telling us it's cute?) I think there's something to be said about having the jack-the-lad type handsome rich dude be with a trans character where that has never once been something mentioned, he absolutely isn't bothered by it, which would have been a direction many shows might have taken that relationship. I think the lack of chemistry is that they're both not great actors and they've been given some really awkward dialogue. I dunno, I think I've gotten a bit soft post covid, I just like seeing people be nice and happy.
I agree and I've always liked that he's never been bothered that she was trans. I remember when they were both new characters and he was in his brat stage and kissed her at a school party. I'm sure she was shocked or Harlow or another character thought he'd make fun of her for being trans, but he said he didn't care.

Reactions: 4
I do like the fact he isn’t bothered by trans but Mackenzie isn’t actually trans - she’s an activist. I think it’s good that’s she’s bringing trans to neighbours but why can’t a trans person play a trans person 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
I do like the fact he isn’t bothered by trans but Mackenzie isn’t actually trans - she’s an activist. I think it’s good that’s she’s bringing trans to neighbours but why can’t a trans person play a trans person 🤷🏻‍♀️
The actress who plays Mackenzie - Georgie Stone - is trans is real life.

Reactions: 7
No she’s an activist she hasn’t had surgery or anything
She is trans, her parents supported her from being a child, whether she's had the full surgery or not, she is transgender.

Reactions: 9
Apparently Jason Donovan and Kylie Minogue have filmed or will be filming scenes for neighbours.

Reactions: 3
I hope that the final episode involves somebody moving out of Ramsay Street. In the final scene, the new occupants drive into the street. They stepped out of the car and it is Scott and Charlene. They look up at their new home, turn to each other and smile. Roll credits.

That way, they get to be part of the final sendoff without overshadowing the entire thing.

Reactions: 13
Georgie Stone advocates specifically advocates that surgery isn't necessary and should only be done if the person wants it for themselves. I remember reading around it when they did the gender confirmation storyline (I remember it because I liked how she said it's gender confirmation because it's confirming the gender they already are, not gender reassignment). She identifies as trans, that's all you need to "be trans".

I hope that the final episode involves somebody moving out of Ramsay Street. In the final scene, the new occupants drive into the street. They stepped out of the car and it is Scott and Charlene. They look up at their new home, turn to each other and smile. Roll credits.

That way, they get to be part of the final sendoff without overshadowing the entire thing.
This would be kind of nice. Charlene used to live in number 24, so if Mackenzie may move in somewhere with Hendrix, Freya has to leave soon, can't see Kiri sticking around long either, so Chloe might sell up if she has no housemates. Scott lived in number 26, which is the Canning house that's just been bought by the sargent and his family, but maybe that might fall through? If they do move in, it might be to one of their old houses. Or the Kennedy's might have to sell their house so they'd need someone fans would want to see move in their house.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Apparently Jason Donovan and Kylie Minogue have filmed or will be filming scenes for neighbours.
I didn’t want them back, I’d just rather stick with the current cast, but with Sheila, Kyle and Roxy coming back for a visit.

Reactions: 2
The Kennedy kids are at the top of my comeback list (especially Libby).

Reactions: 9
Oh I really like the two of them together! They've made each other so much more inte
Just read this.. I don't want them back personally..

I didn’t want them back, I’d just rather stick with the current cast, but with Sheila, Kyle and Roxy coming back for a visit.
Agreed I think it's a slap in the face for the cast who have been in it since the axing news broke. They are some how not trusted to be enough to finish the program. I am quite angry about it really. I know there are far far bigger things going on in the world, but still.. I guess though Kylie and Jason would be damned by some (like me!) if they did come back and damned if they didn't..I wonder how much channel 5 money they are throwing around on these people. 😡

I actually like that if Kylie and Jason must come back!

Last edited:
I’m really confused by the Jason and Kylie coming thing. I know we’ve now had confirmation but I’m sure they said only a few months ago that they wouldn’t (and have both said for years they’re not interested). I’m pretty disappointed if I’m being honest and it’s such a major duck you to the cast who worked through a pandemic and then ended up loosing their jobs.

Reactions: 5
I’m really confused by the Jason and Kylie coming thing. I know we’ve now had confirmation but I’m sure they said only a few months ago that they wouldn’t (and have both said for years they’re not interested). I’m pretty disappointed if I’m being honest and it’s such a major duck you to the cast who worked through a pandemic and then ended up loosing their jobs.
Same here, it's exactly how I feel. They will overshadow the final episode.

Reactions: 3
They’re filming the finale episodes in June so Kylie and Jason are filming their part pretty early. I’m happy they’re back for it, but really hope a whole load of ex characters are there too. I’d like the whole Kennedy set, the Scullys, the Daniels, Lou (though I think he’s ill IRL), Real Dee etc

Reactions: 4
I have mixed feelings about S&C‘s return, I’m a 90s baby so I never saw them on the show, therefore I don’t have much of an interest outside of intrigue to see Kylie I guess. Jason Donovon doesn’t interest me whatsoever. But I can why for other viewers would like to see them. I just hope it doesn’t overshadow everything.

I really hope Kym Valentine has been invited back and accepts, she was my favourite character growing up. I’ll be really disappointed if she doesn’t, the Kennedy kids have to come back right?

The Brennan family need to definitely come back- Isla‘s christening or something lol.

Roxy and Kyle. Would love to see Lou but understandably we wont.

I really like Harold but heard he’s creepy irl and that has put ne right off.

Dee - Melanie has grown on mebut Dee and Toadie are definitely endgame and they have unfinished business I think.

paige confirmed as coming back. Hope this means mark will too :love:

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.