Neighbours

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just checked out Carla’s Instagram- she needs to stop with the weird voice over tik toks. Guess it’s her only acting job these days though..

Shame as I loved her earlier days on neighbours.

Reactions: 2
Just checked out Carla’s Instagram- she needs to stop with the weird voice over tik toks. Guess it’s her only acting job these days though..

Shame as I loved her earlier days on neighbours.
Yes I still remember her wedding, being at the aisle and the look between her fiancée and sister!

ETA Steph obviously, not Carla 😂

Don't know much about Carla but never liked or warmed to Steph as a character. Sad to hear about Harley being an anti vaxxer too :rolleyes:

Reactions: 4
The Scully family were great though. I don’t think neighbours really has a family structure like that atm like parents and kids of teen/adults in one household.

Any further news on a channel or streaming service picking neighbours up. The fact they’d have to contribute to production makes it so unlikely :-(.

Reactions: 3
Proper families with sibling groups is what the shows missing atm imo and has been for a while(not including Nell and Hugo or Isla as they’re not really on screen that much nor really do any talking).

I grew up with the martins and Kennedy kids as a child and then into my teens there was the Scullys and then harolds family (Serena/David and his wife) the hoylands and the Sky/Stigray era.
On to the Donna/Ringo/Declan/Bridget era and into the Willis/Turner generation. There was always lots of family’s and the traditional neighbours extended family units of waifs and strays.

The last proper family unit to come in was Dippi and Shane which was 2017. I know it’s 2022 and traditional family units aren’t necessarily representative but the shows always had families with good range of ages (at least in my lifetime) but these days it’s lots of adults and random individuals.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I think you’ve hit the nail on the head completely @Guitarwarrior. That’s why the Kennedy’s were originally brought in to bring families back to the soap.

Reactions: 5
Proper families with sibling groups is what the shows missing atm imo and has been for a while(not including Nell and Hugo or Isla as they’re not really on screen that much nor really do any talking).

I grew up with the martins and Kennedy kids as a child and then into my teens there was the Scullys and then harolds family (Serena/David and his wife) the hoylands and the Sky/Stigray era.
On to the Donna/Ringo/Declan/Bridget era and into the Willis/Turner generation. There was always lots of family’s and the traditional neighbours extended family units of waifs and strays.

The last proper family unit to come in was Dippi and Shane which was 2017. I know it’s 2022 and traditional family units aren’t necessarily representative but the shows always had families with good range of ages (at least in my lifetime) but these days it’s lots of adults and random individuals.
That’s exactly it! Articulated what I was thinking perfectly. 😊

Carla Bonner was apparently a bit of a nightmare when she worked on Neighbours and was disliked by a lot of the cast. It’s the reason she was sacked and why Steph didn’t return to support Toadie when Sonya died. She comes across as a bit deluded on social media and sees herself as a far more talented actress than she actually is. I also remember her refusing to take part in a performance at the Logies to celebrate Neighbours 20th anniversary (she was noticeably the only cast member absent). When asked why she said it was because it was ‘naff’.
This honestly doesn't surprise me one bit ... she gives off the air that she thinks she's the bees' knees. She has that look as if she just spends her whole time sucking on lemons. Maybe we'll see Harley's new bride posting in the 'mother-in law experiences' thread here in due course :LOL:

Didn’t realise that was her son. She looks really scruffy 😶. The outfit is really casual too. Weirdly dressed bunch. Is it an Aussie thing to be dressed casually at a wedding?
I think the line between trendy and smart is a bit smudged ... the last wedding I went to (in NZ) had guys wearing smart-ish pants but formal shoes with no socks (yuck) and collared linen-type shirts (very crinkly) ... it's a bit of a shame really when the wedding party look so lovely and nearly everyone else looks blah.

• Haha
Just seen an advert on five for a caravan show. The cancel neighbours to keep tit like this?!
Different department, different production companies and a completely different pot of funding. That’s akin to complaining they’re still making top gear but cancelling holby city. Different departments have there own funds to spend as they see fit.

Neighbours is loosing too much money compared to what channel five spends to fund the production.

One of Channel fives celebrity goes for a drive/walk type shows are usually very cheap to produce. A that’s needed is a few GoPros and a tiny crew. But the production of these doesn’t really have much baring on neighbours. If they want to put the neighbours funds into British drama that will attract the right advertisers then unfortunately they’ll withdraw the money.

• Sad
Reactions: 3
Noooooooooooooo

This means Zara is staying. I can’t stand her.
I am actually beginning to feel a bit sorry for her, but hey I actually feel sorry for Paul at times! Zara has brought things on herself though I know.

Levi's cop boss has gotta be involved in Freya's storyline. Dodgy AF. And can't stand his brat of a daughter too.

Observations
Leo is gorgeous
Glen is a creep
David needs a haircut
Roxy calling Sheila Mama is annoying AF
Amy is looking less than polished these days. Gone are the miniskirts and she looks quite puffy in general
Zara is the worst but Mackenzie is a close second
Bored of Levi's wounded puppy face
Therese needs to jump on Leo again to get one over on Paul

Levi's cop boss has gotta be involved in Freya's storyline. Dodgy AF. And can't stand his brat of a daughter too.

Observations
Leo is gorgeous
Glen is a creep
David needs a haircut
Amy is looking less than polished these days. Gone are the miniskirts and she looks quite puffy in general
i really don't like Levi I find him cringe he's worse when he's dating someone, agree about everyone else

Observations
Leo is gorgeous
Glen is a creep
David needs a haircut
I love Roxy calling her Mama, I loved their relationship.
Leo, Levi and Ned are gorgeous.
Amy doesn't look as good as she did and isn't as fun as when she first came back and dated Shane.
I think Leo's visa is quite fit

Reactions: 6
David keeps pushing his hair behind his ears, just cut it mate.
Sheila was most likely the racist.
Roxy is always in a bikini in the opening titles.

I love Roxy calling her Mama, I loved their relationship.
Leo, Levi and Ned are gorgeous.
Amy doesn't look as good as she did and isn't as fun as when she first came back and dated Shane.
I think Leo's visa is quite fit
*Levi's boss, not visa, unsure why I wrote visa

Reactions: 1
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.