Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

griftalo

VIP Member
I just realised new Nicolette was in multiple seasons of a Netflix series called Glitch. Did anyone else watch it?

It was really bugging me as I knew I recognised her from somewhere!

I agree Krista is obviously still alive. I'm looking forward to all the 'rewind' stuff to be over. It feels like a bit of a shadow that hung over the show. Once it's gone, the new show can move forward under its own steam.
I loved Glitch!

Em_

VIP Member
I’m confused with the Andrew / new kid situation. Would he have been married to Wendy when he agreed to be a donor?
He must have been working her or on a break or maybe he's not Sadie's biological Dad? I've not watched today's episode yet, has he said he donated sperm?

Raquencha

Chatty Member
I’m slowly working my way through them and it’s so lovely to watch. Getting new neighbours is amazing but if it all ends again I hope they keep the old episodes. I could happily watch them again and with 35 years worth I’d never get bored.

Em_

VIP Member
It’s just popped on my Instagram feed that 2013 is going to be released on freevee this week. The trailer had the Karl, Susan and Sarah storyline (when she returned). I’m feeling my age because I’m sure that wasn’t 10 years ago!
Is that when she brings her son and he stays with Karl and Susan? Was he called Hamish?
---
I'm currently watching Toadie and Dee get married and all I can think of is that she knows she's going to disappear on the wedding day.

Em_

VIP Member
The Boos 😆😆. I agree with everything you've said. I am missing Mel though and Nicolette. I'm not sure I'm going to be keen on her with a new head. I do like the new family and I'm looking forward to finding out their secret.

What the chuff was going on with Mackenzie's eyebrows in that scene today?
Are they bringing Nic back, but a different actress? That’s a shame, do we know why?

Multi-21

VIP Member
Did anyone figure out what JJ picked up from the road? It looked like confetti to me but unsure if I should know it’s significance already

pixxyy

VIP Member
Also can we jointly agree on when we need to use spoiler tags? Only asking because most of us seem to use them which makes it feel like most of us only visit here when we’ve watched the latest episode. Maybe we could say spoiler tags are only needed until say 8pm on the day an episode is added? Only a suggestion though!
That seems a good idea as atm I add them just incase. So what time does everyone usually watch?
I'm a lunchtime watcher

Wood79

Chatty Member
Yep it’s true. I’ve been in contact with someone who is a friend of someone who currently works on the show. They’ve been leaking information to me about the reboot ever since the show resumed production. So far everything they’ve told me about the reboot has amounted to be true so I’d say they’re a fairly reliable source.

They told me about the show casting an actor called Riley Bryant to play a member of the new family (they told me this the weekend before the show resumed filming) which turned out to be true. They told me about Guy Pearce returning before it was confirmed. They told me that Xavier Molyneux was playing a recasted Byron before his was announced and they told me about the wedding a couple of months ago. Despite this being quite a twist, apparently it’s definitely not all as it seems.

Also for everyone questioning whether or not we’ll be a week behind Australian-pace don’t worry. It’s been confirmed by Freevee that the show will return on Sept 18th, the same date it’ll return to screens in Australia. Its in Australia episodes of Neighbours will air on Prime Video, a week after they’ve aired on 10.
Thanks for the info I just came home from work and saw there were trailers and things being released just as I was moaning it all seemed quiet! Starting to feel real now! 😊

Em_

VIP Member
I am glad about this I did read Victor was going to come out the woodwork before plans were shelved due to the axing. Wow ref another child though!
---

I watched for the first time in 10yrs over Christmas but couldn't keep it up.. One of my New yrs resolutions was to get interested in watching a soap again apart from Neighbours when it reappears.(I know most people go for things to improve themselves! I was though in a way because I am terrible at face recognition so engaging in a soap again I figured might help!) I just couldn't do it though so have to wait for Neighbours return...The other soaps are just too depressing like you say.
The other soaps are depressing, I've tried getting I to corrie again but there is no comedy in it at the moment.
Are you watching the classic episodes on freevee?

Don’tStart

VIP Member
BRING HER BACK PRODUCERS!

Madeleine West who played the brilliant Dee Bliss and Andrea Somers has said she’d go back to Neighbours in a heartbeat. First of all, it’s not “Embarrassing” like the Daily Fail have remarked and she’s not “begging” for her job back. Dee is a beloved character, and one who I would welcome back with open arms. There’s still so much of her story left to tell considering her two guest stints on the show since she came back from the dead in 2019 were rather fleeting. I’d love to see her permanently settle down in Ramsay Street, even if she never rekindles her romance with Toadie. I’m really surprised Neighbours producers haven’t gotten onto her as this isn’t the first time she’s expressed her desire to return to the rebooted Neighbours. If they’re planning on bringing Elly and Leo back of all characters, then why not Dee? She’s a character who would represent early ‘00s Neighbours which was a golden era for the show, meaning her presence could draw in many fans of the show of that particular period, similarly to how the likes of Melanie and Jane represent ‘80s Neighbours. Secondly, the show would get two characters for the price of one by casting Madeleine West in the reboot.

Also, I hope those of you who attended the tour in Belfast last night had a smashing time. It’s been given a glowing review by the Metro.

Em_

VIP Member
https://tvtonight.com.au/2023/02/tim-kano-hints-at-neighbours-return.html. Just came across this.. I will keep posting bits I come across if they are true or not in the end ..
---

Ha talking of Jane mentioning Mike but not seeing him wasn't that the case with Mrs Mangel's first husband Len? I don't think we ever did see him then didn't he run off with someone else? I think I remembered correctly but was only a child when she arrived...Some of the British sitcoms also had someone who was talked about but never seen either because they had died or just were never on camera...
I read that you never saw him, I thought she was a widow.

Multi-21

VIP Member
I’d quite like a refresh, some old faces coming back but with a couple of new families in Chloe and the Brennan house. I think for a happy ending Jane needs to leave and if she goes as well as David and Aaron no need for Nicolette to come back.
It does need to get some rid of the excess characters and hangers on it had who had no real ties to the street anymore, Glenn, Kiri, McKenzie, Amy, Zara, Levi & Freya.