Neighbours #3 Our Neighbours have come home!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do we know if more classic episodes will be made available?
What is the thinking behind only having 50 of the old ones but absolutely everything since 2012?

I'd like to see:

Phoebe - taking off her glasses per Plain Jane 2.0, having a snake and giving birth on Todd’s grave

Julie falling downstairs

Libby having affair with pupil

Libby & bad influence boyfriend – Darren Stark/Todd MacDonald

Kerry being shot

Annalise

Beth/Lauren/Brad

Reactions: 5
Do we know if more classic episodes will be made available?
What is the thinking behind only having 50 of the old ones but absolutely everything since 2012?

I'd like to see:

Phoebe - taking off her glasses per Plain Jane 2.0, having a snake and giving birth on Todd’s grave

Julie falling downstairs

Libby having affair with pupil

Libby & bad influence boyfriend – Darren Stark/Todd MacDonald

Kerry being shot

Annalise

Beth/Lauren/Brad
Yes, I'd have liked more classic episodes, I've finished them now, but they skipped past so many good families and storylines

Reactions: 3
I'm hoping they will but they might just finish off the 2015 etc then start doing the early stuff just as the full years.

Yeah I wanted to see the Brad/Beth/ Lauren storyline. Also Todd/ cody, more stuff with the Willis family, Joe mangel and kerry. So many more things they could have included.

I’m surprised the Lassiters complex fire isn’t on the classic episodes.

Reactions: 2
I'm 40 in a couple of months so feeling very sentimental/midlife crisis anyway!
When Neighbours "ended" last year, it really affected me! And then the Queen died!
I always had a weird premonition that one day I would rewatch all of Neighbours from the very beginning. I guess I presumed that I would have a LOT of VHS tapes stacked up.

I definitely agree that all the characters look way older than they are supposed to be. 50 or 60 in the 1980s was OLD though. EXCEPT Charlene who looks about 12.

My LEAST favourite character was Hannah Martin because she was supposed to be my age but acted so immature. duck off "Buttons"!
---
Maybe there's a technical issue why all the classic episodes aren't available? Like maybe it's more hard work putting those ancient VHS tapes into the right format for Amazon than the newer stuff?

I was highly amused seeing Madge and Helen try to work the computer that Paul bought. Apparently one day we won't have paper files anymore, everything will be on floppy disc?!!

Watching the Libby and Drew wedding:

Karl "When she was a little girl, Libby said she would NEVER get married...then she changed her mind and said she would get married but not until she was at least THIRTY-FIVE!!!!"

(said as if 35 was 90!!)

Unbelievably, Anne Haddy playing Helen was only 48 in the first episode! I assumed she was at least 70!!

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Watching the Libby and Drew wedding:

Karl "When she was a little girl, Libby said she would NEVER get married...then she changed her mind and said she would get married but not until she was at least THIRTY-FIVE!!!!"

(said as if 35 was 90!!)

Unbelievably, Anne Haddy playing Helen was only 48 in the first episode! I assumed she was at least 70!!
Wow only 4 yrs older than me! I know she had health issues though..I agree ref people looking older Des's mum died in real life at the young age of 50 but to me she was old when she was only in her 40s. I think with her it was due to how the character dressed..
---
Is there a launch date for the new episodes yet?
Don't think so they said the second half of 2023 originally. I did wonder if they would launch exactly a yr on from when they ended..That would get the publicity rolling a bit more...Therefore very end of July because that is the second half of yr...That's just me guessing though no idea how these things work how many episodes they need to have in the bag before it's considered the right time to start screening. I wonder though if they wait ages if there will be some leaks though (not from the cast/crew but journalists hanging around).They have been so careful to keep everything hush hush. I saw where Lucinda had found out just before Xmas that she would be returning but had to keep it a secret until a couple of weeks ago when it was announced. It seems a bit unfair that but I know she was the ace up their sleeve as so many wanted her back and they knew it!

Last edited:
I think Australians often look older than Brits literally just due to increased sun exposure. And the actors who were middle-aged in the 1980s will have done the damage before "slip slap slop" and the like became known.

Reactions: 4
I think Australians often look older than Brits literally just due to increased sun exposure. And the actors who were middle-aged in the 1980s will have done the damage before "slip slap slop" and the like became known.
Good point, maybe not so much the case nowadays like you say as there is more awareness but not then.

Reactions: 1
Interesting to see if the whole family come back now, I would assume they are if they have Sadie back.

I'm watching the Beauty and the beast series at the moment. He is gorgeous and perfect for the part.
He was very good on an NZ show called 'Go Girls' - he played a drippy sort of fellow named Kevin, a role which was completely different to anything else he's done. Worth a watch, if you can find it somewhere.

Interesting to see if the whole family come back now, I would assume they are if they have Sadie back.
I read somewhere that they were all coming back, I don't think they were given a far crack of the whip really.. Hopefully time has gone on and Sadie won't be public enemy no 1 quite so much and maybe Wendy will grow on me! I did think the actress who plays her was very good about the fact that she had just got her big break then it came crashing down..She was like "well they can't take the fact that we are the last family to move in to Ramsey St away"! Little did she know..but for all the right reasons!

I read somewhere that they were all coming back, I don't think they were given a far crack of the whip really.. Hopefully time has gone on and Sadie won't be public enemy no 1 quite so much and maybe Wendy will grow on me! I did think the actress who plays her was very good about the fact that she had just got her big break then it came crashing down..She was like "well they can't take the fact that we are the last family to move in to Ramsey St away"! Little did she know..but for all the right reasons!
I wpuld prefer to see other characters back over her and her family, but I do agree that they weren't really given a chance. I liked the Dad, he was nice to look at.

Does anybody know if the new neighbours will be showing in Ireland? It’s a whole load of hassle putting on the vpn to watch it on freevee 😩

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.