Natacha Oceane

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Prioritising your mental health is great and is something we should all be doing more of. But... surely it's not much of a sacrifice just to update your followers with a quick post: "Hi, just popping in to say that I will be away for the next few months..." alongside a generic photo, no?
yeah exactly, no one expects her to make a video if she is busy/going though a difficut time but, as I have said before, an instagram post is not too much to ask for the people who have effectivly been the reason she has got where she is imo

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She honestly just sounds selfish and completely unconcerned. What she shows on social media (no matter how well and genuine she comes off) is not the reality.

Reactions: 3
As much as we could judge based on her videos, she is a very nice, real, genuine, pleasant person. She was one of my favorite yt-ers. However, the person we believe she is would not just disappear into thin air without saying a word to her subscribers and followers. She even called her viewers her family ... So, to be honest, if she is just simply too busy or got fed up with the influencer life and decided to call it quits without letting people know, she's not the person we thought she was. Still, I hope nothing bad happened to her :(.
Just my opinion, but I've always felt this wall between Natacha and her viewers.. She joined youtube somewhat late, after the platform was seen as more of a potential career more so than anything else (hobby, creative outlet, etc). I've always felt her videos and instagram posts are extremely well-planned, controlled and edited, to the point that they seem less down to Earth and genuine, if that makes sense. It seems to be that she's been extremely careful not to share too much of herself and her private life since day 1. All of this is fine, but on the other hand she's simultaneously tried to foster a very close relationship with her viewers (like calling them her family), which is obiously great for business. We also shouldn't forget that she initally became popular from doing 10k kcal challenges... which is not a great origin story (and she still hasn't deleted them..). :confused:

But I still hope she's doing okay! And kudos to her for prioritising her mental health! ❤ But honestly, I think she views youtube mostly as a pay check , and now that she has so many other options she might tap out. She's obviously doing great economically speaking.

Reactions: 8
Just my opinion, but I've always felt this wall between Natacha and her viewers.. She joined youtube somewhat late, after the platform was seen as more of a potential career more so than anything else (hobby, creative outlet, etc). I've always felt her videos and instagram posts are extremely well-planned, controlled and edited, to the point that they seem less down to Earth and genuine, if that makes sense. It seems to be that she's been extremely careful not to share too much of herself and her private life since day 1. All of this is fine, but on the other hand she's simultaneously tried to foster a very close relationship with her viewers (like calling them her family), which is obiously great for business. We also shouldn't forget that she initally became popular from doing 10k kcal challenges... which is not a great origin story (and she still hasn't deleted them..). :confused:

But I still hope she's doing okay! And kudos to her for prioritising her mental health! ❤ But honestly, I think she views youtube mostly as a pay check , and now that she has so many other options she might tap out. She's obviously doing great economically speaking.
Yeah, I believe this is the best possible explanation.

Reactions: 2
Someone said they saw both her and Mario working out at the gym a few days ago. Um.. and she's too busy to take 2 minutes out of her day to post a "I'm alive, just taking a break" post or instastory when there are hundreds of her followers actually concerned for her? Natacha, you suck and your nice persona is just that - a persona.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Someone said they saw both her and Mario working out at the gym a few days ago. Um.. and she's too busy to take 2 minutes out of her day to post a "I'm alive, just taking a break" post or instastory when there are hundreds of her followers actually concerned for her? Natacha, you suck and your nice persona is just that - a persona.
She took the easy way out now I am sure of it ... It is easier to simply disappear than to make a vid explaining forever good bye, fans, I do not need you any more and I am just fed up with being an influencer. She developed her new businesses successfully, thanks to her follower base and as these are going well I suppose, she doesn't need to make any more efforts to produce videos - towards the end she started to post fewer videos, 1-2 months apart. Calling her followers her fam and pretending she cared was most probably a carefully designed business plan :D.

Just my two cents for everyone who’s mad at her for not saying something, I feel that but, it’s very much a possibility that she’s not allowed to say anything as part of a non disclosure agreement. They mentioned multiple times how hush hush the project was and how they could not say almost anything. She may not be allowed to say something on Instagram that would align with the release of the app or indicate in any way that it’s linked to her until a certain point after it’s released. Ie/ They don’t want the apps initial numbers to be linked to her influence. Just a thought. I’m sure it’s a combination of something like that and being extremely busy. Like she’s building a proper business on top of her existing ones which I can say is VERY demanding and time consuming. And maybe something happened in her personal life as well, who knows. If it’s goes on longer than 6 months than I’d say that’s weird of her but ultimately we don’t know what’s happened so, I’d refrain from judgement because you never know man.

Just my two cents for everyone who’s mad at her for not saying something, I feel that but, it’s very much a possibility that she’s not allowed to say anything as part of a non disclosure agreement. They mentioned multiple times how hush hush the project was and how they could not say almost anything. She may not be allowed to say something on Instagram that would align with the release of the app or indicate in any way that it’s linked to her until a certain point after it’s released. Ie/ They don’t want the apps initial numbers to be linked to her influence. Just a thought. I’m sure it’s a combination of something like that and being extremely busy. Like she’s building a proper business on top of her existing ones which I can say is VERY demanding and time consuming. And maybe something happened in her personal life as well, who knows. If it’s goes on longer than 6 months than I’d say that’s weird of her but ultimately we don’t know what’s happened so, I’d refrain from judgement because you never know man.
but no one is expecting her to talk about her project, that is not the issue. she has built her channel on herself as a person. she could easily post about herself, as she always has. I have unsubscribed because I view this as really disrespectful tbh

• Heart
I was also thinking maybe she’s been quiet because she’s been travelling for the work she’s doing and she wanted to avoid backlash.

It is a bit weird to go so silent, but regardless the reasons I do find it hard to believe she would just stop making videos / being online without addressing it somehow, unless something really bad happened in her personal life (and I hope that’s not the case).

Absolutely. She's made it clear before that she was taking a break, or had a project to work on. It wouldnt be too hard to do an Instagram post saying "i'm fine, just taking a break".

But as other people said, Youtube was really a vehicle for her, and she seemed super grateful for her audience, but not really that engaged with them?

Absolutely. She's made it clear before that she was taking a break, or had a project to work on. It wouldnt be too hard to do an Instagram post saying "i'm fine, just taking a break".

But as other people said, Youtube was really a vehicle for her, and she seemed super grateful for her audience, but not really that engaged with them?
It’s so weird because she responded to hundreds of comments on Instagram but I still got the vibe she was distant. Like her Q&A videos were often a trojan horse for bringing up a topic she wanted to talk about without saying she or Mario is the one who wants to bring it up.

It’s so weird because she responded to hundreds of comments on Instagram but I still got the vibe she was distant. Like her Q&A videos were often a trojan horse for bringing up a topic she wanted to talk about without saying she or Mario is the one who wants to bring it up.
That's the exact vibe! It always felt clinical. I always appreciated that she's not one to flog crap just for cash- she works HARD, maybe she did just burn out and it became one of those things where the longer she put off saying anything the harder it became.

Have we been ghosted?

Reactions: 7
I can only agree with everyone who's been saying it's not that hard to post an "I'm alive, taking an indefinite break" message, even as a euphemism for "I'm quitting", just to buy her time and address it later on, when she's got more time and energy to devote to it. Otherwise, it's highly, highly disrespectful of her.
It's not like people are demanding she explains in details everything that's going on. We all know her private life is none of our business, so if she's struggling with personal problems (say an illness of a loved one), we don't want her to tell us. We also all know that her business dealings outside of her channel are probably well guarded, and that, even if she wanted to, she wouldn't be able to say anything about them. That's totally fine. But you don't just ghost thousands of people (she has over a million followers on YT), people who care about you to some extent, because that's the type of brand and relationship you've built, who were the foundation for the opportunities you got, and yes, helped you make a ton of money too, taking the time to comment and interact with your content, which boosts the "algorithms", maybe watching the ads. Many people, including myself, bought her guides. I know I did it in part because I like her workout style and attitude to fitness, and in part because I trusted her (thanks to the brand/image she's built) and wanted to support her, so she could keep spreading her healthier attitude.

Her completely disappearing off her own channel and social media accounts, but being present elsewhere (a bit on the Power app thing, from what I've seen), is such a slap in the face. Actually, it would be, even if she wasn't present elsewhere.

Her followers did not necessarily directly give her money (although many bought bands and guides), but youtube and social media are just a different type of business transactions. It still is business though, and you owe respect to those who've helped you get to where you are. Of course she works hard and is intelligent, but I dare say that if she hadn't had her successful social media career, she wouldn't have been able to work on the power app, or do any of the things we've seen her do. I mean, she quit her studies knowing she was starting Youtube, didn't she? And as someone pointed out, she got to it at a time when youtube stars and careers already existed, for years, so she knew what the potential was.

Reactions: 6
I don't blame her for keeping some of her life private and much as we'd love to get to know her more, it was refreshing to see her hard work and thought in her videos. Just a shame she doesn't give us a quick update and also a shame that youtubers with actual decent content don't last while others flog tat and do the bare minimum!

Reactions: 4
Hello long time lurker but just wanted to say - if you go to the Power profile on Instagram you can see that on the post from 4 days ago - it’s clearly filmed in Natacha’s home. Also - on that profile it seems like she’s the one replying to the comments - the writing style, diction, emojis, everything screams Natacha. I could be wrong - but I doubt it. In short, don’t think she’s taken a proper break from social media in the sense of not going on at all. IMO, she’s not gone off social media because of a personal issue - I think she just wants to focus on this now and cba with her own following. I do hope I am wrong but I doubt it.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Hello long time lurker but just wanted to say - if you go to the Power profile on Instagram you can see that on the post from 4 days ago - it’s clearly filmed in Natacha’s home. Also - on that profile it seems like she’s the one replying to the comments - the writing style, diction, emojis, everything screams Natacha. I could be wrong - but I doubt it. In short, don’t think she’s taken a proper break from social media in the sense of not going on at all. IMO, she’s not gone off social media because of a personal issue - I think she just wants to focus on this now and cba with her own following. I do hope I am wrong but I doubt it.
I thought the same, which makes me angry tbh. She has made a brand through youtube and then just abandoned her followers, I think this is really disrespectful.

• Heart
What's the Power profile?

Not sure if links work here but I'll post and try!
if that doesn’t work if you aren’t logged in -

just type in instagram.com/power

I feel like all of this has come off as incredibly disingenuous on her part. They have a post up which says 2,000,000 + calories burnt across the app. I don’t know if anyone else has followed her for as long - but she has previously talked about not using workouts to burn as many calories as possible and focusing on building strength and lean body mass as Natacha always focused on long term results…

Aside from that, it’s an interesting choice to use Indian actresses/celebrities for the app. She seems clued into how big the un-captured market share of people that would follow these women would be. However, as someone as said prior it’s pretty strange considering they aren’t trained PTs to my knowledge. Very business savvy - not very “aligned” with what seemed to be her business values.

I wish her the best but it’s starting to more and more seem like all of her loyal followers got played as she segregates herself from her influencer persona. To an extent, this reminds me of Grace Beverley - where she used her status as an influencer and selling guides (not the same quality) to produce success that she then used as an angle into starting other businesses. I guess the difference is Grace has realised she can’t distance herself from her influencer persona but Natacha is and depending on the success of the app she could make it work.

• Heart