Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Kitt

VIP Member
This woman is one of the few people on the internet to speak honestly and intelligently about fitness and health and eating well and still people will comment on her looks and whether she looks like a man or not. Gross.

Reactions: 26

ellamae

Chatty Member
Does anyone think Natasha swapped her eating disorder to obsess over health and fitness. All thee crazy challenges she does etc don’t scream willpower they feel incredibly extreme and not particularly safe either

Reactions: 18

aimzalicious

VIP Member
I agree with you all - she seems to have lost all passion for what she's doing which is really sad as she used to be a ray of sunshine. Even her Black Friday video recently was a cop-out - she used to give us a free taster of one of the workouts during these Black Friday videos so I was waiting for a taster of a mobility/stretching routine during the Youtube video and there wasn't one.

Maybe I'm entitled to expect free routines, but that's what I've come to expect from Natacha. New workout guide = free workout routine to get an idea of what the guide is like. But this year, nothing, just shilling her guides that she's already made a ton of money from.

There's something off about her now and I wish she would just tell us the truth about what's really happening - she used to be very open about everything until that dodgy fitness app.

Reactions: 18

SmokeySapphires

A lot of my friends did this and didn't "settle down" until their mid-20s and now they're all worried about not having children. People who teased me for marrying the first man I ever slept with and having children in my late 20s and not "enjoying my youth" and "being wild". But now I own a house because we saved instead of travelling, and we have a family because we "settled".

But now we're doing "wilder" things, like travelling because our mortgage is so much less than my friends' rents. I have friends who are looking into IVF and adoption because they're older and are struggling to conceive naturally. I don't think I've "missed out" not having sex with more people, my husband and I lived our entire 20s together so we've grown up together, neither of us any baggage that my friends have to deal with- no ex-wives, no step-children, no having to do online dating, no secret criminal records.

I said in my post that N seems happy, and I also said each to their own.

I think you're being a tad defensive about your choices, I'm wondering whether you're trying to convince me or are you trying to convince yourself?

Real life can be messy and complex and people can come with all sorts of issues regardless of whether they've got one solid relationship or a string of relationships behind them. I'm happy that you own a property, I do too, and some of my friends did it with partners and then bought the partner out etc etc. Life isn't black and white 'settle down young and have it all sorted or settle down older and it's much more difficult' or the other way around. I only stated in my initial post that I'd have found Natacha's path boring, which I would have.

Reactions: 16

Lilac Wine

What annoys me is that she posted this 100 mile video when she did so she could then post her ad shilling her guides for Black Friday without looking like she’s just back on Youtube for the money.

Obviously, she makes loads from her guides and that’s fine but she doesn’t produce content anymore unless she has a sale coming up. I’m sure she’ll now disappear again until the next guide sale.

If she doesn’t want to do YouTube anymore then she should disappear for good. She has clearly made millions from it already, she should just retire gracefully rather than pretending to care about her audience.

CloudMeringue

VIP Member
'Marrying the first person you sleep with because people who date into their 30s have secret criminal records' is certainly not a take I expected to read today 🤣

• Haha
If she comes back saying that she was just really really busy, she's gonna get a lot of flack from her subscribers. She now needs to come back with a real reason for her absence - either breakup or a death in the family or something similar.
That seems really extreme. YouTubers / influencers don’t owe us anything. She hasn’t posted and that’s okay, we can’t play mindreader. We really don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors.

Reactions: 15

macrofriendly

VIP Member
The video was okay (I won't lie, I skipped through most of it), but I found myself feeling completely disconnected from her because she never addressed her absence. I think at least a little 5 min video before uploading this one at least saying 'hey look, I've been away and I'm sorry but let's get back to it!' etc etc.
It would be like an office worker not turning up at work for a few months and then coming back on a Monday and being like why is everyone looking at me funny.
Just my 2 cents.

• Heart
Reactions: 14

Elyezabeth

Chatty Member
I think she presents it as being driven, but it's actually unhealthy obsession. I used to love her, but mostly disappearing from the internet for over a year with an injury and then returning just to astronomically overdo it in a video literally nobody asked for is the complete opposite of the type of fitness influencer I want to follow for inspiration.

ToxicPony

Chatty Member
I found the video really concerning. The shoe issue for a start, that she didn't discuss training in any way suggesting she'd just gone straight to 24 hours which is SO dangerous, you'd think she'd know better having just recovered from such a significant injury. Fit and healthy people have dropped dead doing the marathon.

Her attitude worried me too - she seemed upset that she wasn't instantly as good as one of the world's best ultra runners, and was immediately making plans to do it again, beat her times etc. There is challenging yourself and there's...this.

emm

VIP Member
That seems really extreme. YouTubers / influencers don’t owe us anything. She hasn’t posted and that’s okay, we can’t play mindreader. We really don’t know what’s going on behind closed doors.
I think youtubers do owe their followers though tbh, without their support she wouldn't have her career, it doesn't take much to write a quick instagram post, especially if she has been liking posts in june

x_bethanyy

Has anyone watched her new video?

I sympathise with her having stomach issues and having to 'quit' because of an issue that (I'd assume) is out of her control. But I didn't really understand when she said that training was interrupting her normal life too much. I don't know what she was expecting. Surely injuries, gut problems, and balancing training with other responsibilities is part of the challenge of ultra running?

I don't know, I think she's sometimes overconfident and overestimates her abilities. It's ok to not be the best at everything. Her relationship with exercise doesn't seem very healthy anymore.

I respect her so much for her reasons!! The OG gymshark athletes were so much more genuine and knowledgeable. Now they have folk like Saffron Barker, yeah she likes fitness but she doesnt have a clue. They only hired her because she has a huge following. Sad she is leaving!

Reactions: 13

ellamae

Chatty Member
I got home from a big gym session last night and ended up watching her latest "100 mile" video while I was looking for something else. As I was shovelling in spaghetti Bolognese, I couldn't quite believe what I was seeing. I will spoiler this in case anyone who hasn't watched it yet, doesn't want to see.

She has THREE race attempts. 1st one in Aus. Twists her ankle and drops out. 2nd one, she flies to the US. Drops out, can't even remember why. Her guts fall out? Not sure. 3rd one, flies back to the US. Gets cold and wet. Drops out within 20 miles of the end.
I have hardly watched any of her recent content. The last one I saw was the 24hr run in Las Vegas. She just doesn't seem to be enjoying it? As people have commented upthread, the privilege is off the scale.
I think her reasons for these mad challenges are rooted in ED behaviour and not by any real ability or talent
---
I miss her content, she was one of the few fitness influencers that had some common sense and did hybrid training.
I think she just knew the right things to say tbh. She lost all credibility when she went silent and launched that weird app privately that went against everything she preached. She played her followers for money.

Marinium

The part I enjoyed from the whole 100 mile series is that it did highlight that these distances (or any short of ultra really) aren't a breeze. She was probably a bit overconfident or extremely naive attempting to do it the first time with 3 months of minimum training. Shortly she realised that that wasn't happening and now after 3 failed attempts the reality of the distance has probably hit her hard.
There is a reason so few people do this sort of races. Even marathons are a massive commitment if you don't wanna be walking half of it, let alone ultras with a time limit. Tbh even for her ironman she trained for 3 months with a big triathlon background already, and she was doing 30+ hours weeks, I'm surprised how she thought that 100 miler is going to be easy.

Marinium

Natacha used to be my all time favourite YouTuber. Her attitude helped me overcome serious issues with my diet&exercise and, as a scientist myself, I genuinely loved that she wasn’t spreading bullshit and misinformation.
But I can’t help but feel that something has significantly changed. All this Botox first and foremost, her face looks completely different to what I was used to, and I can’t help but feel that she let herself (and a good chunk of her followers) down by doing it.
Also she doesn’t seem as genuine anymore, someone commented a little while ago that it’s all performance these days and I only agree unfortunately. It’s all fantastically edited and everything, but hardly any of those moments are genuine anymore- which was the most important reason I was attracted to her channel in the first place.
Anyway, I hope she is in a good mental headspace herself at least.

• Heart

Phillipa78

Chatty Member
A point that I didn't make, because my post got too long, was about snobbery. I think @Slaybutter is right, she does put down other content creators and uses her education as a weapon to do so. I think it entrenches the attitude that you have to have a degree to have a correct opinion, which I think is wrong. As I say, I'm educated to a similar level, but I pay my PT to know things for me and design my training programme! They have experience of working with hundreds of clients that I'd never hope to replicate with all my textbooks about protein structure analysis... Horses for courses.

ellamae

Chatty Member
actually very much is her duty. If you're that privileged (and participate in destroying the environment just for funsies) and have a large audience on big platforms like youtube and instagram, you must acknowledge your privilege. It's 2023 after all.
I honestly don’t really get why she should acknowledge it though? It’s tiresome and performative when influencers do it. We know, they know they are privileged. There are far more people destroying the environment than Natasha. Better putting your focus onto billionaires especially people with ties to oil companies etc.

ellamae

Chatty Member
Also does anyone else hate how she dropped off YouTube but is back again now with educational videos not because she wants us to learn but because she is plugging her new guide. It’s just so obvious that she only wants to connect with her followers to make money. She will probably disappear again in a few months until she needs to make more money.

Reactions: 12

ellamae

Chatty Member
I know nothing about cosmetic procedures, I can rarely even see changes in people's faces, so no idea there. The only hting I can see in her latest video (and I'm not sure I can even watch it all the way to the end), is the un-acknowledged ridiculous privilege. Not only is she travelling to Australia "for fun" in this current state of the world (crises left right and center) but she is in the most expensive city in the country, one of the most expensive cities in the world and getting super expensive medical treatment that most working locals wouldn't even dream of getting because health care in Aus is super expensive. I just can't stand it. No acknowledgement. Like it's perfectly normal to live in such luxury. One of my coworkers hurt themselves and had 2 choices: wait so many months for tests that their condition would get far worse and their quality of life would decline drastically, or go private and not buy food for a few weeks because it's too expensive. Well, they didn't buy food for 3 weeks. And we both work "decent" jobs, full-time. And here is Natacha, who doesn't even work or live permanently in this country and she's running in some anti-gravity set-up, witthout acknowledging how insanely privileged she is (all the while staying in an airbnb, in a country and a city that is seeing its worst housing crisis ever with many locals having to live in airbnbs, or getting kicked out so that their home can be used as an airbnb...). Couldn't she have trained for her ultra marathon (at least she's training this time around) somewhere else? Without having to fly around the world?
It’s sad that others are suffering but tbf why would Natasha not take on board the amazing opportunity she is fortunate to have? If you had the same opportunity would you seize it? I would
---
It’s not her duty to acknowledge her privilege all the time. People would only moan it’s performative. It’s a no win situation in her eyes

• Heart
Reactions: 12