Natacha Oceane

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So, what did everyone think of her long aawaited video?

Out of context, I loved it; Natacha benig Natacha and doing something totaally mental "just cause". I thought it was fun and it put me in a good mood. But in the back of my mind, I could not stop thinking about her radio-silence of the past 5 or so months and lack of explanation/acknowledgement of it in her come baack video, and it left a bit of a bitter aafter taste, so to speak.

It's really nice to see someone being able to get back to amazing performance and physical heaaalth after an injury thoough, always encouraging. I hope she talks about the whole process, herr healing, how to deal with it mentally. It's a very important parrt of health in generaal but obviously fitness/sport/exercise, caause it can throw someone off the rrails completely.

Reactions: 6
So, what did everyone think of her long aawaited video?

Out of context, I loved it; Natacha benig Natacha and doing something totaally mental "just cause". I thought it was fun and it put me in a good mood. But in the back of my mind, I could not stop thinking about her radio-silence of the past 5 or so months and lack of explanation/acknowledgement of it in her come baack video, and it left a bit of a bitter aafter taste, so to speak.

It's really nice to see someone being able to get back to amazing performance and physical heaaalth after an injury thoough, always encouraging. I hope she talks about the whole process, herr healing, how to deal with it mentally. It's a very important parrt of health in generaal but obviously fitness/sport/exercise, caause it can throw someone off the rrails completely.

I do kind of agree with you. This video was exactly why I fell in love with her channel. There was a bit of a a "didn't train, got second" humblebrag vibe, which personally I found a bit annoying cos I always feel like I have to work way harder than everyone else to just be mediocre and she's just out here getting phds and winning ironmen races.

And i agree, some acknowledgment past "it's been a while" would have nice.

Reactions: 7
I do kind of agree with you. This video was exactly why I fell in love with her channel. There was a bit of a a "didn't train, got second" humblebrag vibe, which personally I found a bit annoying cos I always feel like I have to work way harder than everyone else to just be mediocre and she's just out here getting phds and winning ironmen races.

And i agree, some acknowledgment past "it's been a while" would have nice.
I felt like she was trying to blow past that by uploading the style of video that her audience ostensibly wants. I didn’t enjoy watching it which is new for a Natacha video. This challenge she set for herself felt kind of pointless because she’s spoken in the past about how in the history of her physical and mental health, the triathlon was actually a low point. Also, the leg compression things seemed like sponsored content. Weird.

Reactions: 9
There was a bit of a a "didn't train, got second" humblebrag vibe, which personally I found a bit annoying cos I always feel like I have to work way harder than everyone else to just be mediocre and she's just out here getting phds and winning ironmen races.
I see what you mean. Although in this vey segment, I think she says more "I trained erally hard but like an idiot who didn't plan, and the one who won trained really hard but intelligently". But I think she didn't put it super clearly.

I felt like she was trying to blow past that by uploading the style of video that her audience ostensibly wants. I didn’t enjoy watching it which is new for a Natacha video. This challenge she set for herself felt kind of pointless because she’s spoken in the past about how in the history of her physical and mental health, the triathlon was actually a low point. Also, the leg compression things seemed like sponsored content. Weird.
Yes! I did enjoy it but I was disappointed by the video she chose to upload. I think she just needed something and that, all things considered, it's easier for Natacha to do these challenges than do a science explained video (which probably requires longer than a week of work and then editing). Also, all her training was alrerady laid out for her seeing as she waas following something she'd already done. Like you though, I did find it rreally weird she chose to go back to a low point in her life, without acknowledging thaat it was, in this particular video. Those who've been following herr diligently know, but others won't and she probably should've emphasised that, on top of saying "don't do whaat I did" but all the while being super happy about coming second and just finishing the race. Glossing over unhealthy habits is not the best. Unless she wasn't genuine about this past experience, but I very much doubt it.

Reactions: 1
Loved the video but she did her cycle on the 29th May but then in another clip was listening to a drake song that was only released in September?

• Wow
Reactions: 5
The video was okay (I won't lie, I skipped through most of it), but I found myself feeling completely disconnected from her because she never addressed her absence. I think at least a little 5 min video before uploading this one at least saying 'hey look, I've been away and I'm sorry but let's get back to it!' etc etc.
It would be like an office worker not turning up at work for a few months and then coming back on a Monday and being like why is everyone looking at me funny.
Just my 2 cents.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Loved the video but she did her cycle on the 29th May but then in another clip was listening to a drake song that was only released in September?
Oh yeah wow, good eye! That is really weird.

I wonder if she didn't actually do the full week all in one, or perhaps refilmed some parts, forr quality reasons or whatnot, or perhaps did this full week training twice and used shots from both times... There could be valid, genuine reasons, but after her going offline for 5 months annd saaying nothting about it, it just looks fishy.

The video was okay (I won't lie, I skipped through most of it), but I found myself feeling completely disconnected from her because she never addressed her absence. I think at least a little 5 min video before uploading this one at least saying 'hey look, I've been away and I'm sorry but let's get back to it!' etc etc.
It would be like an office worker not turning up at work for a few months and then coming back on a Monday and being like why is everyone looking at me funny.
Just my 2 cents.
Totally with you on that one. As long as she doesn't address what the hell happened, I don't tthink I'll be able to rerconnect with her, and it really frustrates and saddens me becaause the virtual connection she had managed to form, being honest and "normal", is a huge part of why I followed her and why I found great value in her content. Thing is, as soon as someone mentions not being 100% happy with the situation, on herr instagram or youtube, others just attack and bully (which is ironic, on a channel like hers, where she emphasises honesty annd a no BS stance).

I rewatched it quickly, and at the end, she mentions seeing plums, so that part waas filmed in August/September as that's when plums are in season in England, couldn't have been in May. I really hope the watch waas just somehow not synced properly, otherwise it's just another disappointment.

Just my 2 cents.
Exactly! I also skipped through most of it although I used to enjoy her videos a lot. I am so disappointed in her ... Coming back like this proves that she is truly not the person I thought she was. I reckon she will not upload for a while again.

You can totally see that she's not to YouTube or instagram anymore, and her fake "I'm so real" persona has slipped. There is something really irritating about her.

• Heart
You can totally see that she's not to YouTube or instagram anymore, and her fake "I'm so real" persona has slipped. There is something really irritating about her.
I don't know, she did upload a second video fairly quickly, and I thought it was good. Several points are widely known but others were new I think.
But I was really hoping that for this one, she's address her absence, cause in the previous one, she said something along the lines of "I know there's been a lot going on, but I just wanted to post a sort of hang out video". And no, her latest video mentions absolutely nothing about anything. It's extremely disappointing and getting on my nerves.

Although what surprises me the most, shocks me even, is that not one person on youtube or instagram seems to be annoyed or even slightly taken aback by this lack of communication. 0. That's gotta be a first in the youtube world.

Reactions: 4
I don't know, she did upload a second video fairly quickly, and I thought it was good. Several points are widely known but others were new I think.
But I was really hoping that for this one, she's address her absence, cause in the previous one, she said something along the lines of "I know there's been a lot going on, but I just wanted to post a sort of hang out video". And no, her latest video mentions absolutely nothing about anything. It's extremely disappointing and getting on my nerves.

Although what surprises me the most, shocks me even, is that not one person on youtube or instagram seems to be annoyed or even slightly taken aback by this lack of communication. 0. That's gotta be a first in the youtube world.
unless she is deleting/blocking posts about it?

Reactions: 2
She is definitely deleting these comments and keeps blocking people who comment such things so they cannot comment again.

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Yes and before deleting one comment she replied to it with quite a grumpy tone saying she’ll address it in her own time. All gone now though

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Yes and before deleting one comment she replied to it with quite a grumpy tone saying she’ll address it in her own time. All gone now though
Oh wow 😯 seriously?! I was not expecting that from her, at all. I just thought her audience was way too indulgent.

She is definitely deleting these comments and keeps blocking people who comment such things so they cannot comment again.
Do you have a screen shot by any chance? I feel like nowadays, when we see that sort of thing, we should always screen shot it!

I'm so sad about this whole thing. I thought she was not the usual youtuber and more respectful and mature. That's what she'd always portrayed herself as. Like when she did that video "responding" to gossip, she was fair in that, and definitely handled any criticism well.

Oh wow 😯 seriously?! I was not expecting that from her, at all. I just thought her audience was way too indulgent.

Do you have a screen shot by any chance? I feel like nowadays, when we see that sort of thing, we should always screen shot it!

I'm so sad about this whole thing. I thought she was not the usual youtuber and more respectful and mature. That's what she'd always portrayed herself as. Like when she did that video "responding" to gossip, she was fair in that, and definitely handled any criticism well.

I just suppose she does this on youtube, too, because she blocked me on instagram for a comment saying it is not fair to her fans to disappear just like that and to not put a short message out there saying I am fine guys and I will be back. Was not a rude message at all and I got blocked very quickly.

• Sad
Not sure if this has already been said on this thread, but does anyone know what Natacha’s new project is that she’s working on?

Not sure if this has already been said on this thread, but does anyone know what Natacha’s new project is that she’s working on?
something that has (seem ot be) based in Dubai which, in my mind, as a place built bascially on slave labour and the opression of women's rights is not a good place to work tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 8