Natacha Oceane

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just found this thread. I've only followed her on YT for a year or so but noticed she'd been AWOL and then watched her 24hr run vid last week.

When did the Lululemon sponsorship happen? It just seemed to be dropped in there without much background explanation? They're not exactly big in the ultrarunning scene which made the new trainers thing seem even odder.

She seems like a nice girl who's trying to branch out her business and making a bit of a hash of things. I'm also a biophysicist so respect for that, but I don't know many of us who have such extreme side hussles!! 😂

Reactions: 2
Just found this thread. I've only followed her on YT for a year or so but noticed she'd been AWOL and then watched her 24hr run vid last week.

When did the Lululemon sponsorship happen? It just seemed to be dropped in there without much background explanation? They're not exactly big in the ultrarunning scene which made the new trainers thing seem even odder.

She seems like a nice girl who's trying to branch out her business and making a bit of a hash of things. I'm also a biophysicist so respect for that, but I don't know many of us who have such extreme side hussles!! 😂
There's a few influencers advertising the lululemon trainers right now, so I assume their making a move into footwear? Most of the others I've seen just wear them in the gym or for a jog, but Natascha always takes it further.

Yeah, I have a few of their things but I'm super fussy about trainers and they certainly don't look anything special. Their customer service is 💩, still waiting for them to decide whether I can send a faulty item back to them... 🙄

Lately I find myself skipping through her vlogs. I like more Mario in the videos than her.
Also there is one thing I find quite annoying, and it's her voice. What happened to her voice?? I compared her talking 4 years ago and now and wow.. what a difference. Now she has a very high irritating tone. Anyone else hears the voice difference??

Reactions: 8
She doesn’t always use the high voice. I noticed it too but it reminds me of a someone I used to play with as a kid so it doesn’t bother me lol

I always understood that Natacha has a driven side so the lululemon video tracks with her personality. She said so many times that she has medical support and everything along the way & so people shouldn’t copy and she knows it’s kind of crazy what she’s doing. I guess it’s annoying for people who watch her for fitness inspiration. I personally just want to be as active as necessary to be healthy and self sufficient - not a rep or a step extra. I’m not trying to win any trophies.

Reactions: 7
I think she presents it as being driven, but it's actually unhealthy obsession. I used to love her, but mostly disappearing from the internet for over a year with an injury and then returning just to astronomically overdo it in a video literally nobody asked for is the complete opposite of the type of fitness influencer I want to follow for inspiration.

Reactions: 14
Does anyone else think she’s looking a bit too lean… she doesn’t look very healthy

Reactions: 3
Does anyone else think she’s looking a bit too lean… she doesn’t look very healthy
Yes. And also I find her pushing a little too much with the training. I no longer enjoy her content because she's transitioned to an "athlete" approach.

Reactions: 1
Do we think she's left academia, had a bit of a business flop and now is just going nuts on exercise?

She left academia ages ago afaik, not sure why UCL biophysicist is the top line of her bio still.
Thanks, I didn't realise as there were a few refs earlier in the thread to her PhD. I just saw that she actually dropped out in 2017 via an MPhil. Fair enough, she's probably making a lot more money than I am and I finished mine! 😂😂

It is interesting how she's back online and doing fitness guides like she used to. I wonder if their other business venture didn't work out for them.

Reactions: 4
It is interesting how she's back online and doing fitness guides like she used to. I wonder if their other business venture didn't work out for them.
she had that app with “celebs” teaching the classes didn’t she?
it didn’t look that great, i couldn’t understand the concept behind it and who would actually want it?

it didn’t look that great, i couldn’t understand the concept behind it and who would actually want it?
Exactly, like there are millions of fitness classes online, including ones by people who have gotten semi-famous BY doing videos. It seems a bit like the old days when you would buy the latest fitness dvd from someone off the telly, but the world has moved on.

From the looks of it, it was supposed to be based exclusively in the middle east? But yeah, seems odd for someone to claim to be based on science to promote following celebrities.

I was also wondering about her other business recently. Although I've always had the idea that it was something just designed to make money for them and not actually a fun project to share with her subscribers with a consumable they could buy. I have no idea what it would be, though.

Maybe there's so much chat about various business ventures to make it seem like she's busy? Rather than living the high life in the fancy flat and fundamentally living off being an influencer?

I guess I'm super cynical but saying how hard your working probably makes you more relatable with followers, whilst also providing a convenient reason why you're not putting out much content!

Maybe there's so much chat about various business ventures to make it seem like she's busy? Rather than living the high life in the fancy flat and fundamentally living off being an influencer?

I guess I'm super cynical but saying how hard your working probably makes you more relatable with followers, whilst also providing a convenient reason why you're not putting out much content!
Normally I'd think that's what an influencer was doing, but Natacha and Mario always seemed more motivated than that. Although I would totally believe they were hyping up this "big project" and it never really got off the ground.