Natacha Oceane

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This woman is one of the few people on the internet to speak honestly and intelligently about fitness and health and eating well and still people will comment on her looks and whether she looks like a man or not. Gross.

Reactions: 26
So upsetting right?
I loved her new video, it was pretty interesting and I like that it didn't focus on weight.

Reactions: 6
I absolutely love love love her. My partner and I find her so inspiring. So much work and knowledge goes into her content.

Reactions: 5
I’ve just watched her episode with Ali Abdaal and it really shows how genuine she is. I really do rate her.

Reactions: 4
Loving her latest video. She's challenged herself to run for 24 hours. Her mental fortitude is inspiring.

Idk though… if she’s a history of having an eating disorder then how do we know if she’s just not switched one extreme to another?

Idk though… if she’s a history of having an eating disorder then how do we know if she’s just not switched one extreme to another?
I agree, I know lots of people who swung like this. I think it is amazing to do a challenge like that but it must be awful for her joints

Reactions: 2
Yeah I found the video kinda worrying more than anything. Lack of serious training (going straight to a 24h ultra?), wearing brand new shoes (not even from a company known for making running shoes), going on about pushing through pain...

Reactions: 11
Yeah I found the video kinda worrying more than anything. Lack of serious training (going straight to a 24h ultra?), wearing brand new shoes (not even from a company known for making running shoes), going on about pushing through pain...
I’ve not watched the video but based on what you’re saying I can’t believe she didn’t get gait analysis done to get the correct trainers for her style / distances.

I found the video really concerning. The shoe issue for a start, that she didn't discuss training in any way suggesting she'd just gone straight to 24 hours which is SO dangerous, you'd think she'd know better having just recovered from such a significant injury. Fit and healthy people have dropped dead doing the marathon.

Her attitude worried me too - she seemed upset that she wasn't instantly as good as one of the world's best ultra runners, and was immediately making plans to do it again, beat her times etc. There is challenging yourself and there's...this.

Reactions: 14
This is what I think. She's basically punishing herself through running, the same way someone with an ED might punish themselves over food. There was no training, it was all supposed to be mental fortitude. At the end, she talked about wanting to do better....and didn't mention training at all. She seems to truly think that if she's just positive enough, she can waddle through 100 miles. Not that 89 miles is nothing BY ANY MEANS, but she looked uncomfortable starting just a couple hours in. She wasn't in shape for this at all. I'm all for pushing yourself mentally but this was so far beyond that.

And wearing shoes that aren't even known to be good running shoes, which you've never used previously, that still look brand new, is just a whole level of idiocy I can't comprehend. She raved at the end about how it was great to do things like this because her injury taught her to do things because you never know when that might be taken from you. Ma'am this absurd publicity stunt is just BEGGING for another such injury to take you out for months.

Reactions: 9
I genuinely think it’s so irresponsible of her too. She’s a huge platform and this kind of thing can not only cause an injury but can actually kill you… She’s in great shape but I don’t know this year she has just seemed and looked different? It’s ever since she made her comeback.

This is what I think. She's basically punishing herself through running, the same way someone with an ED might punish themselves over food. There was no training, it was all supposed to be mental fortitude. At the end, she talked about wanting to do better....and didn't mention training at all. She seems to truly think that if she's just positive enough, she can waddle through 100 miles. Not that 89 miles is nothing BY ANY MEANS, but she looked uncomfortable starting just a couple hours in. She wasn't in shape for this at all. I'm all for pushing yourself mentally but this was so far beyond that.

And wearing shoes that aren't even known to be good running shoes, which you've never used previously, that still look brand new, is just a whole level of idiocy I can't comprehend. She raved at the end about how it was great to do things like this because her injury taught her to do things because you never know when that might be taken from you. Ma'am this absurd publicity stunt is just BEGGING for another such injury to take you out for months.

Also does anyone else hate how she dropped off YouTube but is back again now with educational videos not because she wants us to learn but because she is plugging her new guide. It’s just so obvious that she only wants to connect with her followers to make money. She will probably disappear again in a few months until she needs to make more money.

Reactions: 12
Also does anyone else hate how she dropped off YouTube but is back again now with educational videos not because she wants us to learn but because she is plugging her new guide. It’s just so obvious that she only wants to connect with her followers to make money. She will probably disappear again in a few months until she needs to make more money.
I know this thread is in the rave about subforum, but I can't stand her. She's pretty and her videos have high production quality, but otherwise she comes across just like you say - wanting to make money from her audience for minimal "influencing"

Reactions: 3
Yeah I used to really love her but after she vanished for months and then came back like nothing happened obviously just so she could sell a new guide, it’s left a bit of a bad taste in my mouth. She doesn’t seem as genuine as I once thought she was.

I think she is genuinely lovely, a nice girl who clearly works hard. Her videos are very good.

I've thought from the start this over exercise is just a new form of her ED from the past, she eats enough which is great but she is always very lean she rarely "bulks". The 24hour run made me emotional but she said at the start she would have 'no expectations' then continued to comment on how she isn't doing as well as she wanted and pushing hard at the end to try and get more miles in. Why say she doesn't mind how she does when she was visibly gutted to not reach 100miles despite the fact what she did anyway was insane.
Once she gets an idea in her head she HAS to complete it, which worked out for the ironman but didn't help her here IMO, needed to take it much gentler.

Reactions: 7