Names you love but would never use

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love the names Noah and Arthur but I know 2 of each already so I feel like I can't use them 😂

I love the names Nancy or Betsy but my boyfriend really doesn't like either!

• Heart
Reactions: 1
James. Cos its the name of my favourite celebrity when I was a teenager but when I was 19 I ended up hooking up with his brother :ROFLMAO: who then broke my heart. so it’s written off by association
I'd always loved the name James so it was inevitable my son would be just that. When I split with his father I told him the reason was because of James Brown just to piss him off 😆 since he did not share my love of the soul music legend that is JB. That wasn't the reason of course but it had the desired effect :)

Romy was another girls name I liked till Boris and Carrie stole it
That's my son's dog's name :)

Oceané
Sloane (i live in london so sloane square)
Persephone
There's also many names I love but people I know have them, so they've been automatically written off :cry:

I’m due a girl in December and I can’t think of anything at all I like. Only name was Summer but I think it’s a bit 90s I don’t know? He doesn’t like it either.
I have considered, Ruby, Summer,Winter,Nova, JOLENE??????? And have nothing.

I love the name Peggy. I recently had a baby girl but couldn’t bring myself to use it, it’s just one of those names that is lovely but I can imagine won’t be popular in the playground -my partner wasnt keen and would stress she would be called things like eggy, peg leg, etc… and would hate me for it. I also love the name Aries (FF7 reference) - and totally missed a trick since it’s her birth sign but its the second time I have got bored of it mid pregnancy and couldn’t bring myself to use that either.

I love the name Luigi on a boy again another gaming reference name but its not even subtly Italian and unless an Italian man fathers any of my children I doubt I would use it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 2
Octavia, Antonia and Andrea for girls.
Gabriel, Raphael and Noah for boys.
My partner veto'd them all (Raphael because it reminds him of the Ninja turtles), but I love those names so much!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Valentina. Beautiful name but it's giving future stripper.

Reactions: 7
I love Beatrice and Esther but they've been veto'd immediately by my current partner.

Also a massive fan of Daisy but that was his childhood cats name 😂

We would have loved Elizabeth for our (potential) girl but as it was the year of the queen's jubilee and death there would have been too many assumptions. Fortunately it turned out to be a boy.

I’m due a girl in December and I can’t think of anything at all I like. Only name was Summer but I think it’s a bit 90s I don’t know? He doesn’t like it either.
I have considered, Ruby, Summer,Winter,Nova, JOLENE??????? And have nothing.
If you name her Jolene she will forever have people singing that song at her as an adult 😂🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I absolutely loved the name Kai until it became trendy. Now it seems like everyone is using (latest being Gigi Hadid for her daughter), and I prefer unique names.

Reactions: 2
I absolutely loved the name Kai until it became trendy. Now it seems like everyone is using (latest being Gigi Hadid for her daughter), and I prefer unique names.
Gigi has a baby? Where have I been, totally missed that!

• Heart