Names you love but would never use

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m 24 weeks pregnant and I really want to use it for my boy but wasn’t sure if it was too girly. I’ve mentioned the name to a few people and they’ve said they knew girls with it but spelt with an ie.
I know a woman with that name but for me if I se a boy named Kolby/Kolbi I would think it's a boy. I like it!

I’m 24 weeks pregnant and I really want to use it for my boy but wasn’t sure if it was too girly. I’ve mentioned the name to a few people and they’ve said they knew girls with it but spelt with an ie.
I know of someone who had a boy about 10 years ago and called him Colby, don't think anyone ever thought of it as a girls name!

I love the name Erin for a girl but the other half has vetoed it. Currently pregnant with number 2 and we just cannot agree on anything we both like, it's a bloody minefield lol.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
Since I was little I loved the name August. My partner has vetoed it but at least now it’s getting popular again I can enjoy hearing it more often.

I know it's super traditional but I've always loved Joseph. I would never use it as I wouldn't want it shortened to Joe or Joey but I remember hearing a guy introducing himself as Joseph, and just thought it was lovely.

Reactions: 3
I love Irish names, but I'm not Irish and they'd always be quizzed about spelling and pronunciation. I love Sadhbh/Sadbh, Oisin, Sorcha, Cian, Aoife...

Reactions: 1
I always name my cars. When my little girl was 4 she called my new (but old) car Daphne!
So do I! My BMW is called Helmut 😆

I love Irish names, but I'm not Irish and they'd always be quizzed about spelling and pronunciation. I love Sadhbh/Sadbh, Oisin, Sorcha, Cian, Aoife...
I got one of them so I spend half my time spelling it to people- a random selection of vowels and a consonant for good measure

• Haha
Reactions: 2