Names you love but would never use

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Joella - you know when you make random drunk friends in the loos when you’re out out? A girl once misheard my name as Joella (it sounds nothing like my name 😂) and I actually think it’s quite nice! Could never really use it though, or would have to make up a new backstory 😂

I also liked Iona until P&O Cruises ruined it by naming their gigantic cruise ship that!!

Reactions: 2
Prometheus And Orphelia are my absolute loves for a boy and girl but I probably won't ever use them 😂
i’ve never heard of orphelia before! do you mean ophelia or is this a different name?!

i absolutely love ophelia but i feel like i would been signing the child up to a lifetime of it being mispronounced.

i’ve never heard of orphelia before! do you mean ophelia or is this a different name?!

i absolutely love ophelia but i feel like i would been signing the child up to a lifetime of it being mispronounced.
it’s a beautiful name but I always think of the potential nicknames - Offy (slang for Off Licence where I come from)🤢 or possibly Feel Ya and teenage boys having a field day with it and making the poor girls life hell

• Haha
Ah stop it..:D
That's how everyone has reacted since I said I liked them 😂😂 I would never use them but would love to just to go yes this is my kids names 😂😂 and I'm of Irish background so even funnier lol

Yes I mean Orphelia, look up it's meaning too 😂😂. I don't like Ophelia

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I love Valentina but I don’t think it would suit a little girl that lives in Newcastle 😂

My sister used my baby name last year 🤪
The older I’m getting and the more people having babies before me the names I liked are getting taken but then it also puts me off. I’d disown my sister if she took a name I loved though lol

Ophelia is beautiful, getting really popular, I know of a few.

• Heart
Yes I mean Orphelia, look up its meaning too 😂😂. I don't like Ophelia
i genuinely can’t find it - do you have a link? all that comes up is a watch company 🤣🤦🏼‍♀️ what’s the meaning?

it’s a beautiful name but I always think of the potential nicknames - Offy (slang for Off Licence where I come from)🤢 or possibly Feel Ya and teenage boys having a field day with it and making the poor girls life hell
same. i love it but i feel like it would just get mispronounced or shortened to any number of awful things. it’s such a beautiful name as a whole though, but you know she’d get called offy 🤣

Reactions: 1
I love Valentina but I don’t think it would suit a little girl that lives in Newcastle 😂

My sister used my baby name last year 🤪
My sister did exactly the same thing. I'd chosen a name if I had a daughter, she had her baby two months before my baby was born and "stole" the name from under me, but then I had a boy anyway. It still pissed me off no end however her daughter is the biggest ûber-witch of all time so maybe in a way its as well she got there first :) !!

I’m half Belgian and LOVE Aurelie but I know it would be butchered to “orally” here 😂

My sister did exactly the same thing. I'd chosen a name if I had a daughter, she had her baby two months before my baby was born and "stole" the name from under me, but then I had a boy anyway. It still pissed me off no end however her daughter is the biggest ûber-witch of all time so maybe in a way its as well she got there first :) !!
if it makes you feel better, my mum stole my loved first name for a little girl and used it for her dog! I was absolutely fuming 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
I’m half Belgian and LOVE Aurelie but I know it would be butchered to “orally” here 😂

if it makes you feel better, my mum stole my loved first name for a little girl and used it for her dog! I was absolutely fuming 😂
My dear old Nan actually named her dog the same as my sister LOL - the dog was nice though :)

Reactions: 3