Names you love but would never use

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I love posh boys names like Rupert, Jeremy, Hugo... but could never have used them. Boys names so much more difficult than girls, I think

Reactions: 12
I love posh boys names like Rupert, Jeremy, Hugo... but could never have used them. Boys names so much more difficult than girls, I think
Jeremy is definitely in the same league as Nigel or Wayne or Trevor.

Rupert and Hugo are pets' names now, rather than human names. Unless you're a human going to Eton.

I met a girl called Violetta yesterday. That's a gorgeous name, not sure if I would use it in the UK though.

Reactions: 3
I love names like that too. Husband hated them though. I'm saving them up for our next dog instead!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 6
When I was in my teens I wrote a baby name list of girl/ boy names for my future children.

Didn't end up using any of the names 😂 . Partly because I only had boys, and mainly because the names were...interesting :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Some of the ones I can remember were for a girl
Trilby
Reinette
Christabel

And for a boy
Quinn
Charon
Ireton

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
James. Cos its the name of my favourite celebrity when I was a teenager but when I was 19 I ended up hooking up with his brother :ROFLMAO: who then broke my heart. so it’s written off by association

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Evangeline, Genevieve. My other half could never spell them 👎🏼 I like Leonor too, but it sounds too much like fabric conditioner.
My daughter is Evangeline (Evie). My dad can’t say it or spell it 😂😂

I always wanted another called jemima or Tabitha. Husband hates both and Mother Nature said no more babies for the boreds…….

• Heart
Reactions: 6
My favourite names are all names which are pronounced very differently to how you read them.
My name is very unusual but it really upset me when new teachers called the register.

I gave my children bog standard names.

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I love Ilya and Constantine as well but they’re just completely unusable.

I like Darryl for a girl as well but I know a guy with the same name who’s a dick so it’s a no go 🙃

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I love the name Calliope for a girl but would never use it.
for a boy Romeo or Xavier

Reactions: 2

I like Darryl for a girl as well but I know a guy with the same name who’s a dick so it’s a no go 🙃
Wouldn’t it be Daryl for a girl, Darryl for a boy

• Heart

I love the name Daryl for a girl, it’s on my list of choices of names for my daughter.

• Heart
sorry to be off topic but what happened with Xavier? Do you wonder what he’s doing now? Is he on social media 🥲
He’s a Facebook friend. He still lives in the same town he did then. He’s now divorced, overweight and balding - a far cry from the beautiful and fit 23 year old lifeguard that made me knees tremble in 2000. 😫

- Paige - always loved it but my partner's abusive ex is called this so that is a clear no.
- Rory - not going to reveal my or my partner's surnames here but it unfortunately will not sound right with either
- Sophia - love this one but so many little girls round my way are getting named this instead of Sophie that it has taken the shine away
- Caitlyn - Caitlyn Jenner ruined this one for me. Can't stand the woman

Amora - went for a “safer” more common name for one of my girls but wish I’d gone for this.

My favourite names are all names which are pronounced very differently to how you read them.
My name is very unusual but it really upset me when new teachers called the register.

I gave my children bog standard names.
Same I’ve never met another with my name and I didn’t want my kids to have the same anxiety I did over teacher mis pronouncing my name and never wanting to introduce myself!

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I really like the name Persephone (per-seff-on-ee) but I just can't imagine calling a baby that. Plus I don't like how it would it get shortened - Percy, Seffy, Phoney 😕
I love the name but I’m not a fan of the spelling because it reads as ‘perse-phone’.