Names you love but would never use

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My mum worked with a woman who called her daughter Willow. She turned out to be a really chunky, stocky little red head, about as far removed from willowy as you could get!
No joke I know someone with a willow-rain, river-pearl and ocean-blu...

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Chilling after a busy morning, went into the baby names thread on that site for mums. Someone wants to call their baby Jaze or Jayze, to rhyme with maize. Hilarious responses :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 2
So I have a list of names I would love to use - but have more girls names than boys.

I absolutely love Saskia, Violet, Willow, Scarlett and Autumn amongst others. I struggle with boys names if I’m honest.

This isn't one I love but it did amuse me; in the park the other day, I heard a mum shouting 'Errol, Errol' to her kid.

Reminded me of this (you probably have to be 40+ to know who he is though :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:)

1661936449082.png

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Probably wont be having children for a while yet but Heidi is my favourite girls name. Can’t say I have one for a boy that massively stands out

Reactions: 1
Boys' names are much harder. I remember telling my sister in law Mr Weaver's name and she said "oh well, you cant have everything"! :LOL: She's dead now, but I still loved her

Reactions: 5
I love name chat!
Girls -
Autumn
Maeve
Ember
Marlowe
Ophelia
Mattie
Eden

Boys -
Dougie
Clarke
Wilf

struggle with boys names!!

Probably wont be having children for a while yet but Heidi is my favourite girls name. Can’t say I have one for a boy that massively stands out
I love this name. But it remind me of Heidi montag from the hills .. plus OH had a dog called Heidi so no dice 😩

Reactions: 1
I love Penelope but there’s a Penelope in my extended social circle and she’s a complete bleep so I could never use it now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
Romy was another girls name I liked till Boris and Carrie stole it

• Sad
Romy was another girls name I liked till Boris and Carrie stole it
I LOVE that name as well but it's a shame those two cunts have used it...😩

Although it makes me think of Romy and MIchele high school reunion

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Romy is beautiful! I defo wouldn’t let Boris Johnstone put me off using it

• Heart
Reactions: 4
It's so weird how knowing someone with a name, or knowing someone that used the name can put you off using it yourself. Like, I never really minded the name Boris, but after that twit, I wouldn't wish the name on my worst enemy!!

Reactions: 5
Giadora. Also, I misread the name of a woman I worked with once (Bridie) and for about a year I thought her name was Birdie and I always liked that too. Honestly disliked her a bit when I discovered that wasn't her name.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Louisa.

my first child has an L initial and it would be so pretty, but sadly I’m not having anymore kids so I won’t be using it.

Giadora. Also, I misread the name of a woman I worked with once (Bridie) and for about a year I thought her name was Birdie and I always liked that too. Honestly disliked her a bit when I discovered that wasn't her name.
Haha same happened to me with a girl I went to school with. I still call her birdie in my head to this day!

I absolutely love Violet but my husband says it reminds him of the mother in American Horror Story always shrieking it :ROFLMAO: