Names you love but would never use

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved Willow when i was pregnant many moons ago, but it would sound comical with our surname.

I also loved Alistair for a boy, but I realised it rhymed with my other child's name!
My mum worked with a woman who called her daughter Willow. She turned out to be a really chunky, stocky little red head, about as far removed from willowy as you could get!

Reactions: 4
Valentina for girl and Dorian for boy
i love the name valentina!

i love a lot of ridiculous shakespearean or mythology names that i would never subject an actual child to but think are lovely: orlando, hero, olympia, persephone, antigone, benedict, ophelia etc. it’s probably a good thing i don’t want kids 🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I love the name Luna but probably wouldn’t use it for a child’s name… 🌙
Also love Nova, Essie and Reeva, but again wouldn’t use them!
My little one is called Luna and she wanted me to call my new baby Luna 🤣🤣🤣 We went with Sienna

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I loved the name Clementine for a girl but now that’s been ruined by CLEMMIE (mother of daughters infamy) and ‘clammy’ associations 😔

Vada. I’ve loved it ever since I saw My Girl as a kid, but I couldn’t be bothered with all the ‘As in Darth Vader?’ questions 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I really wanted to call my October baby girl Autumn but it just seemed too impractical, I couldn't see myself shouting it in a park. I also loved Evangeline and Josephine but maybe too old fashioned. They didn't suit her. For my boy I liked Sawyer or Atticus. He ended up with a completely different name.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I love Dimitri and Alexei but they just wouldn’t work unless you had Russian, or similar, heritage

I have so many names that I love but could never use if I ever have kids. In fact I don’t think I’d ever admit these in real life!

Lavender
Violetta
Galatea
Oceanna
Odette
Emerald

Fully expecting laughing or sick reactions to these btw 😂

Does anyone else have names that are a bit of a guilty pleasure?
My cousin who's in her 30's is called Emerald, she really suits it. I definitely wouldn't be shy about naming my daughter it

I like Benedict but when I mooted it for my son everyone said it made them think of eggs. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I love Xavier - I had the best holiday romance with a boy called Xavier - 20 odd years later and I can still remember his eyelashes.

I wanted to call my son Sebastian (I loved Neverending Story as a kid) but that was also vetoed by his father

I like more boys names than girls so really struggled to name my daughter (like right up to the registration cut off struggled).
My son is called Sebastian Xavier. Gorgeous names

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Orion
Haley (like the comet)
Aurora
Betsy
Hunter
Mariah
Violet
Seren
Lake
Bluebell

I think Celine is sooo beautiful but people would think you’d named your child after Celine Dion 😒

Reactions: 5
India 🇮🇳 it’s a beautiful country and a beautiful name , but not one I would choose to be honest..seems a bit exotic for the pale northerners in my family 🤣