Names you love but would never use

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I loved Ottelie for my daughter but my other half said no way. My next choice was Maisie but that was a no too.

I also loved:
Phoebe
Daisy
Jemima
Martha
Poppy
Chloe
Pippa
Delilah

we didn’t go with any of them 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Evangeline, Genevieve. My other half could never spell them 👎🏼 I like Leonor too, but it sounds too much like fabric conditioner.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I loved Inigo when I was pregnant with my son. My husband thought I was mad with hormones. I still like it but I reckon it would always be misspelled as Indigo. I also loved Digby until a friend said "what like the biggest dog in the world?". Yeah Cheers for that.

A friend has a granddaughter named Athelia. Not Amelia or Athalia but a blend of the two . It's also the medical name for having no nipples. Poor kid once her class mates learn to google stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I love so many of the names posted on here 🤣
Mine for girls are Celeste, Angelina, Ivy and Violet
Boys are Atticus, Ezra (for boy and girl really) and Ezekiel

They don't go well with my surname and my partner isn't a fan of any of them 🙃

Reactions: 2
I love the name Luna but probably wouldn’t use it for a child’s name… 🌙
Also love Nova, Essie and Reeva, but again wouldn’t use them!

We had Constance (shortened to Connie) as our girl name for baby 2 which was a boy. I thought I loved it then baby number 3 was a girl and we picked something else!!

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Names I love but partner has said absolutely no to:
- Peggy
- Nora
- Bindi
- Ernest
- Sonny
- Darby
We’ve settled on Albie (my other 2 kids have old fashioned names)…would’ve been Olive for a girl

Having my second boy so never got to use my favourite girl names - Seren, Eden, Emmie & Thea.

I find boy names so hard! Names I liked that husband vetoed - Levi, Emmett & Kasper. I love the name Felix too, don’t think husband will go for it though.

Reactions: 3
I've always loved the name Scarlett but it doesn't go with our surname and I don't want people forever asking if she was named after Scarlett Johansson (who I like, but I don't even want that to be an association).

For a boy, I like the name Connor but Connor McGregor has ruined that for us. 😅 It also doesn't sound great with our surname.

Reactions: 3
I have so many names that I love but could never use if I ever have kids. In fact I don’t think I’d ever admit these in real life!

Lavender
Violetta
Galatea
Oceanna
Odette
Emerald

Fully expecting laughing or sick reactions to these btw 😂

Does anyone else have names that are a bit of a guilty pleasure?
For boys,
My guilty name of a boy would be the Damian. I like it, sorry.
Orlando
Felix
For girls, Dorathea, Pearl, Frances

Wren, Navy, Indi & Honey
I love Indi or honey

Indi or honey is perfect. x

I like Odile for a girl and Benedict for a boy.
I like Benedict but when I mooted it for my son everyone said it made them think of eggs. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I like Xavier for a boy but would never use it
I love Xavier - I had the best holiday romance with a boy called Xavier - 20 odd years later and I can still remember his eyelashes.

I wanted to call my son Sebastian (I loved Neverending Story as a kid) but that was also vetoed by his father

I like more boys names than girls so really struggled to name my daughter (like right up to the registration cut off struggled).

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I’ve got a friend whose name is Benedict but everyone just calls him Ben, so it’s a bit pointless. 😀

I loved Willow when i was pregnant many moons ago, but it would sound comical with our surname.

I also loved Alistair for a boy, but I realised it rhymed with my other child's name!