Names You Can't Stand #8

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
it always makes me wonder about the thought process behind families who have loads of kids with such a random, jumbled collection of names of mismatched styles. like, if i saw that list of names, i wouldn't assume they were all siblings. not that i think sibling names have to "match", as such, but this is a somewhat jarring collection!

they seem to have started out giving their kids fairly basic, ordinary names - Chloe, Liam etc and then, as they have more kids, the names they choose tend to become a little more on-trend, in terms of them being names that are popular at the time - Mason, Alfie, Oscar etc - chuck in a total wildcard with Porsha - slightly chavvy vibes - and then just kinda go "duck it!" and opt for a totally bizarre made-up name from one of their kids' favourite movies, or allow the kids themselves to pick the baby's name - in this case, Vanellope from wreck-it Ralph - and then chucked in a hyphenated name for their youngest daughter just for good measure, because hyphenated names are so KrEaTiV and YoONeeK. 🤦🏻‍♀️🤣

They’re from Manchester too (like myself ), so I’m just imagining those names in a Manc accent 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 1
I know a young girl named Reggie, which is hideous enough, but it’s short for Regina - a name I can only ever think of as “vagina.”

Reactions: 3
Once went to school with a girl called Tia Maria :sick:

Once saw a girl in a local paper whos child was called Rosaleigha-Rayla-Maigh. TRIPLE BARRELLED. I genuinely thought it was a joke!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’ve just been watching The Mole on Netflix, one of the contestants on it is called Avori, but it’s pronounced like Avery ( ay like in say-vuh-ree). I keep wanting to call her Ah-vor like for-ee! Nonsensical spelling at its best!

Reactions: 2
I’ve just been watching The Mole on Netflix, one of the contestants on it is called Avori, but it’s pronounced like Avery ( ay like in say-vuh-ree). I keep wanting to call her Ah-vor like for-ee! Nonsensical spelling at its best!
There were a few interesting spellings on that show

I know I will offend someone but I hate Arthur. Ugly old man name and people go mad for it? Why?
awful name. It sounds like two pieces of scratchy felt being rubbed together, or like a perve heavy-breathing down the phone.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 4
awful name. It sounds like two pieces of scratchy felt being rubbed together, or like a perve heavy-breathing down the phone.
I like it,probably for the literary connection ( King Arthur), and have taught/looked after some great boys with that name. I don’t like it when the th sound is pronounced as f though, as in Arfur, it sounds terrible then!

Reactions: 1
Once went to school with a girl called Tia Maria :sick:

Once saw a girl in a local paper whos child was called Rosaleigha-Rayla-Maigh. TRIPLE BARRELLED. I genuinely thought it was a joke!
After this post I discussed this with my sister who apparently with to school with the girl and reminded me that it was way worse than we thought! The triple barrelled Maigh was spotted by my sister on Facebook but this is the actual spelling of the first part! Redacted the parents names so I don’t get shot 😂

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Controversial but I hate any form of May, Rae, Grace or Rose as middle names. Have some originality! Even worse if hyphenated.

Reactions: 7
Salem? Really? And Sloane? Poor kids 🤢
Salem makes me think of the cat from the original Sabrina The Teenage Witch! Awful. I know Finley is also technically gender neutral but the whole name sounds so masculine. Genuinely had to look back and check I hadn't read it wrong and that it is a girl!

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.