Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The name Elle annoys me. Is it Ellie or El? If it’s El why are there extra letters?? What do u want from meeee 😤
it's pronounced El, in the same way that Belle is pronounced Bell. think Ella, but without the A. tbf, Elle is the correct spelling of the name, and I'd be more annoyed if someone named their kid El. 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I say that because I came across a youtube family (utah, about 18 kids) that all of the girls have names spelled arseways but they all have random capital letters in their name DeLayNee, NayVee, ElleCee to name but a few
urgh, those kids names are incredibly irritating - NayVee, JourNee, KennaDee, JaineLee, KassaDee, LiLee, PaisLee, DeLayNee, ElleCee, PresLee and SaiDee. they're absolutely hideous.

it's only the girls names which have an arbitrary splattering of capital letters, which makes them look so ugly. some of the siblings are adopted, and most changed their names when they joined the family - understandable, as a couple did have very unique names, such as "Tuff Knight" and a girl named "Unique Destiny" - but they were all given names to follow the pattern of the names of the biological daughters, with random capital letters in the middle. even the little girl Lilly, who kept her birth name had the spelling changed to LiLee. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I came across a friend of a friend on facebook who'd named her son Skooter. The name would be bad enough anyway but she hasn't even spelt scooter right!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
I've always hated the name Alec because it just sounds like you tried to say Alex but missed off the last sound.
I once met a little boy called Alexander. One parent called him Alex and one called him Alec. You’d think they’d have agreed on the preferred shortening in advance of his birth.

Kind of a safe, boring name anyway.

Speaking of which, I am totally unable to remember the names of the boys in my child’s class because they’re all such safe, “top ten” kind of baby names, they all sound the same to me. Y’know, names like Harry, Charlie, Thomas, Joshua, Noah. Barely one memorable name to be seen!

But all infinitely better than Mexx, which sounds like a stripper or “adult entertainer”.

Reactions: 8
When I was pregnant my mum said if I have a girl I should call her Flora. I was like ‘what not I can’t believe it’s not butter’ !?

• Haha
Not sure if this is allowed to post I have blurred the accounts out…
This was spotted on a fb group earlier. Whyyy do people want to change the spellings of names like this 💀💀
Because they think it makes them/their kid 'original' or more 'unique' even though it's a common name - forgetting that the names are still pronounced exactly the same so it doesn't change anything. Doesn't matter it's spelt Hōhp, she's getting called Hope and if there's another Hope in the class, she's still getting referred to as 'Hope (Initial)' or 'Hope (surname)' or being asked 'which Hope?'.

All you're doing is making it so much harder for her when other people need to read/write her name 😂 (As someone who's known several variants of Rachels, Katherines, Lindsays and Amys simultaneously - it makes it no different from all the Emmas we have to differentiate between 😂)

Reactions: 6
Went into the bank today to be greeted by a (I’m guessing 50/60 year old) woman called Ziggie

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.