Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jade (just seems chavy to me)

Shane (shudder)

I’m not keen on really old fashioned names that have to be shorteNed in order to suit a younger person (Catherine, Elizabeth, Charles etc.)

I keep seeing guys on dating apps called Huw. I understand it might be Welsh? And just pronounced Hugh but it gives me the ick 😂
Bloody Shane. My head of a partner "suggested" the name Shane when we found out we were having a boy. The twit wouldnt let me have the name Jude because its "a girls name", but seriously suggested Shane and genuinely seemed shocked when i laughed and told him to duck off!
Anyway, the only reason he likes it is because of that old country and western film called Shane!!! haha

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Clive
Keith
Craig
Malcolm
Norman

Such ugly names. Imagine a baby Norman.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
May
Jodie
Bradley

Not because they're even particularly bad names but because the people I've encountered with those names are twats

Reactions: 1
Hello ao the last time this thread came up you mentioned my son's name
Onicoren , it's pronounced "onic" "Oren" and was crafted using things that hold meaning to both me and his mum a willow tree is my favorite tree and onic comes from the proper Latin name for a willow "salix babylonica" and Oren cosen by his mum also trees tied to it's meaning and means light in Hebrew it's intentionally unique as I always thought a unique name was a pretty cool thing makes finding people talking about my son real easy too but that just a bonus lol and it's his little brother his mum's other son that has a regular name not his older brother
Don't worry I've not taken offence you don't have to like it just thought I'd share the background
Noones name holds any meaning anymore and very little effort other then "ooo that sounds nice" gos into naming a child nowadays I wanted to give my son something special something more then just a nice sound everyone I've spoken too has liked the name but it's rare people are honest with parents so I doubt that is completely true but yh just thought I'd fill you in on the background of his name Abit it grows on you everyone found it Abit funny to get there heads around at first but it doesn't sound like a bad name once you've said it a few times

• Wow
Reactions: 1
Onicoren , it's pronounced "onic" "Oren" and was crafted using things that hold meaning to both me and his mum a willow tree is my favorite tree and onic comes from the proper Latin name for a willow "salix babylonica" and Oren cosen by his mum also trees tied to it's meaning and means light in Hebrew it's intentionally unique as I always thought a unique name was a pretty cool thing makes finding people talking about my son real easy too but that just a bonus lol and it's his little brother his mum's other son that has a regular name not his older brother
Don't worry I've not taken offence you don't have to like it just thought I'd share the background
Noones name holds any meaning anymore and very little effort other then "ooo that sounds nice" gos into naming a child nowadays I wanted to give my son something special something more then just a nice sound everyone I've spoken too has liked the name but it's rare people are honest with parents so I doubt that is completely true but yh just thought I'd fill you in on the background of his name Abit it grows on you everyone found it Abit funny to get there heads around at first but it doesn't sound like a bad name once you've said it a few times
How did anyone possibly mention a name you made up?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Still sounds like a variant of Covid to me 🤷‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Sorry but after reading all that, I still think Onicoren is a terrible name

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Sorry but after reading all that, I still think Onicoren is a terrible name
It’s dreadful. Sounds like a sequel to the Matrix or something.

And saying the “onic” part comes from “babylonica” is daft. It’s like, “I named my son Don because I love London”.

Naming a child shouldn’t be an exercise in honouring some random interest.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.