Names You Can't Stand #7

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Megan is a fugly name to begin with, but the spelling Megyn is off the charts.

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Heard a mum spelling out her kid’s name in a shop recently. The assistant asked twice 😂.

Arhleig

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Jade (just seems chavy to me)

Shane (shudder)

I’m not keen on really old fashioned names that have to be shorteNed in order to suit a younger person (Catherine, Elizabeth, Charles etc.)

I keep seeing guys on dating apps called Huw. I understand it might be Welsh? And just pronounced Hugh but it gives me the ick 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Heard a mum spelling out her kid’s name in a shop recently. The assistant asked twice 😂.

Arhleig
i'm scared to even take a guess at the pronounciaton of that absolute car crash of a name! is it.....Arley? like Harley, but without the H? although surely that would be spelled Ahrleigh. it literally could be anything! the way it's written, I'd pronounce it as ARR-League. 🤦🏻‍♀️

Megan is a fugly name to begin with, but the spelling Megyn is off the charts.
that's unfortunate. visually, it honestly just makes me think of the word gynaecology...!

Reactions: 7
i'm scared to even take a guess at the pronounciaton of that absolute car crash of a name! is it.....Arley? like Harley, but without the H? although surely that would be spelled Ahrleigh. it literally could be anything! the way it's written, I'd pronounce it as ARR-League. 🤦🏻‍♀️

that's unfortunate. visually, it honestly just makes me think of the word gynaecology...!
😂 yes it was said Arley. She was ordering shoes and the shop assistant asked two or three times for her to spell it out 😂. I was earwigging and so confused. I then wanted to know if the toddler was a boy or a girl ( it was a little girl ). I just thought poor thing will be spelling that out to people for the rest of her life.

Reactions: 4
Tiktok family of 10+ kids… some normal names (Emma, David, Jack) but then theres Slayton, Apple and the worst in my opinion, Narly

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Jade (just seems chavy to me)

Shane (shudder)

I’m not keen on really old fashioned names that have to be shorteNed in order to suit a younger person (Catherine, Elizabeth, Charles etc.)

I keep seeing guys on dating apps called Huw. I understand it might be Welsh? And just pronounced Hugh but it gives me the ick 😂
I’ll add Jodie to your Jade.

Many Welsh names give me the ick… gerallt, geraint, owain, Sion. 🤢

Reactions: 11
Tiktok family of 10+ kids… some normal names (Emma, David, Jack) but then theres Slayton, Apple and the worst in my opinion, Narly
NARLY?!?!! as in, gnarly?!? i thought dusty was the worst name i’d heard on this thread but, damn.

imagine being “hi, i’m jack and this is my brother/sister/who even knows what gender that name suits gnarly?” awful.

as a welsh person, can confirm that most welsh names (especially boy’s names) are awful. it’s a very guttural language that doesn’t make pretty names sadly 🤣 i always quite liked talesin and rhiannon though.

Reactions: 6
Narly and Slayton are awful! i'd genuinely love to understand what happened for the parents to go from opting for names like Jack and Emma, to Apple and Narly! 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
NARLY?!?!! as in, gnarly?!? i thought dusty was the worst name i’d heard on this thread but, damn.

imagine being “hi, i’m jack and this is my brother/sister/who even knows what gender that name suits gnarly?” awful.

as a welsh person, can confirm that most welsh names (especially boy’s names) are awful. it’s a very guttural language that doesn’t make pretty names sadly 🤣 i always quite liked talesin and rhiannon though.
Yes exactly like gnarly. Its a girls name in this case and she was adopted and changed her name. So both her and her parents (I’m assuming) had to have agreed to change her birth name and came to the conclusion of… Narly

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Just seen you can actually buy Hugo Boss dummies 🤦🏻‍♀️ and thought of all the Kyles, Kaydens, Masons and Ryans who’ll have one in their ketchup smeared gobs 😬

468-070s.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.