Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

boring bird

I know a girl called Minnie, which is definitely a pet's name.
I had a girl called Minnie in my year at school. I thought it was cute, except she was nothing like a Minnie. She was very masculine and giant like, with a face like a slapped arse. She would go round intimiding girls who her boyfriend would come on to. I think her boyfriend was actually scared to leave her, mainly because she was so much bigger than him.

• Haha
Reactions: 15

petitspois

VIP Member
I've just remembered I was in school with twins called Gillian and Julian but NO ONE TOOK THE PISS.

• Haha
  • Wow

Murphygirl

Chatty Member
I follow a business page on Instagram and the owner announced her baby boy this week with a picture of him holding a little sign “ hello .. my name is Bucky.

Bucky!!
I’m from Glasgow and all I can think about is a bottle of Buckfast tonic wine as it’s normally called Bucky 😂

• Haha

gelicahah

Talked to a guy on tinder from Glasgow, his name was Michaelangelo, not Michelangelo like the actual artist (which would have been bad enough already) no, it's Michael- angelo. 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha

Fledgling Psycho

VIP Member
I knew a rather strange woman I used to chat to waiting for the bus to work.
One day I bumped into her working in a local shop. She had changed her name from Sandra to Betty Kitten! This was a long time ago too, maybe 25 years.

• Haha
  • Wow

GladiatorReady

VIP Member
When the name doesnt work with the accent of that particular region. In my area, people pronounce names like Lola, Cole and Cody as Lerla, Kerl and Kerdy. I often wonder if the kids get confused when someone pronounces their name properly 😂
I feel the same about if someone named Craig moved to America and was suddenly called Creg by everybody!

I can't stand names that have times that don't match up. Calling a kid May when they're born in September, or Summer when they're born in February, or Tuesday when they're born on a Friday.

• Haha

irishnosebag

VIP Member
Oh no! I’ve just had a thought! Since I’ll never be able to afford to retire before I’m at least 78 the way my finances are going I’ve just about come to terms with the fact that my patients in a few years will likely be tattoo’d/pierced (nothing against them btw I have my fair share of both) but it hasn’t even occurred to me that my patients names will ever be beyond the current Betties, Gladys’s and Wins 😂

I’ve always loved the name Isis too. The Egyptian goddess of the moon, she protects children and women. It’s a beautiful name IMO. Until, well, yeah, it was used by someone else🤦🏼‍♀️
There will be Chantelles & Shanias sitting in the nursing home with their full sleeve tats and nose piercings :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14

Lorny

VIP Member
😂😂😂 I went to school with one and spent years calling her See-obe-Han.
I went all through primary school with a Siobhan so that one never bothered me. However I can remember reading problem pages in magazines growing up and there was always a Niamh or a Sian, or to me Nee-am and Si-an 😂I used to be so bewildered by these strange names that I just thought Anon was another name before I realised it meant anonymous 😬

• Haha

Offtobuttonmoon

VIP Member
Beyonce and Jayz's son is called Sir. I mean of all the names to choose from they choose this!
Not keen on their daughters name Rumi either 😄🤮

• Sick
  • Haha