Names You Can't Stand #5

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Agree on not liking Aidan as there are so many spellings/variants. Also the name has come to be associated with transgender men so might invite bullying and / or assumptions
Whaaaat? When has that happened!? Agreed on the variants though, bastardised versions 🤢

Reactions: 2
Whaaaat? When has that happened!? Agreed on the variants though, bastardised versions 🤢
Maybe it's just a social media thing but some people use it as slang for a trans man (e.g. "so me and a couple of other Aidens went down to the student union bar ..."), apparently because it is or was a common choice of name for those transitioning

I like playing a game where if you're in a park and hear a name you have to guess if it is for a child or dog.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Some names might cute as a baby but can you imagine when that person is elderly and saying ‘let’s go see nanny Shakira’ or ‘granny Aria’
Oh no! I’ve just had a thought! Since I’ll never be able to afford to retire before I’m at least 78 the way my finances are going I’ve just about come to terms with the fact that my patients in a few years will likely be tattoo’d/pierced (nothing against them btw I have my fair share of both) but it hasn’t even occurred to me that my patients names will ever be beyond the current Betties, Gladys’s and Wins 😂

I like Iris, and also Isis, but of course Isis would be a no no these days...
I’ve always loved the name Isis too. The Egyptian goddess of the moon, she protects children and women. It’s a beautiful name IMO. Until, well, yeah, it was used by someone else🤦🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 6
Oh no! I’ve just had a thought! Since I’ll never be able to afford to retire before I’m at least 78 the way my finances are going I’ve just about come to terms with the fact that my patients in a few years will likely be tattoo’d/pierced (nothing against them btw I have my fair share of both) but it hasn’t even occurred to me that my patients names will ever be beyond the current Betties, Gladys’s and Wins 😂

I’ve always loved the name Isis too. The Egyptian goddess of the moon, she protects children and women. It’s a beautiful name IMO. Until, well, yeah, it was used by someone else🤦🏼‍♀️
There will be Chantelles & Shanias sitting in the nursing home with their full sleeve tats and nose piercings :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 14
There will be Chantelles & Shanias sitting in the nursing home with their full sleeve tats and nose piercings :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
And instead of loudly calling me names and complaining to Ethel sat next to her she’ll be sticking her phone in my face and putting me on her stories too won’t she 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Neveah is the worst of the worst. It can't be said without "its Heaven backwards". What a tit name.

Anything twee and double barrelled especially ones ending with Mae.

Logan. I just don't like it.

Reactions: 9
have to agree with poppy
My sons a callum, not my name choice though!

I love the name Skylar for a girl 💗 it's Dutch in origin. I like it because I've never across a girl with this name and to be it has lovely connotations.
However I also imagine a lot of people wouldn't warm to this name.
I know a kid called Skylar-Starr. Nope

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
Twins who very recently died with their siblings in a house fire were named Heaven & Nevaeh.😥

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 3
Oh god, I’ve just seen on fb that the friend of a friend has called her new baby girl ‘Velvet’. That’s just bleeping weird!

Reactions: 6
Oh god, I’ve just seen on fb that the friend of a friend has called her new baby girl ‘Velvet’. That’s just bleeping weird!
Velvet Brown, the girl who won the grand national in an old book whose name and author I can no longer remember...

Reactions: 1
Velvet Brown, the girl who won the grand national in an old book whose name and author I can no longer remember...
National Velvet by Enid Bagnold! I won a copy in a writing competition many years ago when I was at primary school, a very young Elizabeth Taylor played the title role in the film.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
National Velvet by Enid Bagnold! I won a copy in a writing competition many years ago when I was at primary school, a very young Elizabeth Taylor played the title role in the film.
I think Tatum O’Neill played that role in the sequel. Ah, youthful memories.

Reactions: 3
I always assumed Velvet in National Velvet was the horse, or the rosette they won 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.