Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So glad my name hasn’t been mentioned ☺
I hate Gary, Gavin, Gail, Gabby, any name beginning with G gives me the ick, I’ve no idea why and I feel sick looking at them written down 🤮
Off to the loo I go!!
George makes me feel really weird inside I so agree with the G names 🥴

Reactions: 4
Not keen on female names formed from male names
Paula/stephanie/michaela/martina/phillipa/Georgia/Josephine/Geraldine/Brianna/ Alana/Erica/Roberta

Reactions: 7
Not keen on calling people after a month!!!

April
May
June
August

Or even a season ...

Winter
Autumn
Summer

Reactions: 5
Caitlyn and all its spelling variations. Worst name ever. Basically just the splicing of two names for no reason whatsoever. Why not Jesskim or Jenjoan, off the top of my head?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Caitlyn and all its spelling variations. Worst name ever. Basically just the splicing of two names for no reason whatsoever. Why not Jesskim or Jenjoan, off the top of my head?
Caitlin annoys me because it is always mispronounced in English. It is the Irish version of Kathleen - imagine Kathleen said with Irish pronunciation.

Reactions: 3
Ergh yes I can't stand all the different spellings of Caitlin just to be "unique" :sick: I've see Catelynn, Kaitlyn, Katelynn, Caytlyn, Caitlyn

Also hate all the different spellings of Michaela - I've seen McKayla, Makayla, Mykayla. Just stop.

• Sick
Reactions: 6
Nerys
Kayleigh/Kaylee/Keeley
Aimee (Amy is OK)
Jade
Tia
Sasha
Ashley/Ashleigh

Barry
Tim
Darren
Andy (Andrew is fine)

Reactions: 1
Anyone who is named after a car, drink or an animal, etc as noted previously. Porscha, Chardonnay, Bear etc.. Or those who are trying to come up with something unique and they can sound terrible. I don't think I have an aversion to anything else.

I'd met a child with the name Sinderella (with an S....not that it matters! ) and a Fox! Also, a King and a Princess.. and somebody called Wood.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Son grew up with a friend called Destiny, bloody awful name
Can not stand the trend of Ella mae, poppy mae, sunny day!

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Nerys
Kayleigh/Kaylee/Keeley
Aimee (Amy is OK)
Jade
Tia
Sasha
Ashley/Ashleigh

Barry
Tim
Darren
Andy (Andrew is fine)
This just gets better 😂 I'm an Aimee, my mum only called me that because she liked the way it was spelt... But nobody ever spells it right 😩😂
I think I better unwatch this thread 😂😂😂

• Haha
So. Many. Names.

But the worst in my view? Any rendition of Carly, kyla, etc. Sorry, I knew a lot of them at school and none of them were any use to society and still aren’t.

Bonus boys names; Jackson (the “x” is an optional spelling) and Leon. Always screamed from far away by a mother with tight hair and a cigarette hanging from her lips.

Again, sorry. I have a terrible name and it’s just come back into fashion, so I’m waiting for it to turn up on here.

I like some of those mentioned 😆
my little girl has an old fashioned name, I’m a fan of old lady names. The only 2 names I can’t stand that spring to mind for me are Theo and Donna, Donna because everyone I’ve ever met has been a witch (sorry if you’re a nice Donna) and Theo because it sounds awful when I say it, not sure why I don’t like it otherwise but it bugs me!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.