Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I know gardener that named his daughter Magnolia after the flower. I don't like other flower names like Daisy and Rose but this has to be the worst 😂

Reactions: 1
My hairdresser named her baby TEDDY. I don't know if he'll be able to bear all the growls at school, and may need to paws for honey snacks.
See, I like the name Theodore and if someone ends up with the nickname Teddy / Ted then that is fine... but Teddy alone as a name is not great, lol.

Reactions: 10
I know someone called Plum. That's their full name, not nickname. I used to use Plum as a silly insult, as in 'what are you on about you plum!'

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You know how Bear is getting more and more popular? Well it’s gone next level - people are hyphenating with it now. Stumbled across a photo of a little boy called Grayson-Bear this week.

Nothing looks more like “we couldn’t decide on a name” than chucking two names that sound horrible together with a hyphen.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 11
In our town there are twins called Destiny and Eternity.
We also have a Snow (surname White).
I know a man called River.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
These last few posts are hilarious 🤣 just the light-hearted relief you need at times like these. Baby Beryl 😭 with a mop of grey hair.

I remember when icky names were really coarse like Wayne and Kelly, but millennial ones take the biscuit. Bless them for thinking they’re being classy by hyphenating but the humble hyphen is now effectively a name woman stamp.

Reactions: 13
There was a girl in my daughters baby group called Florence-Rose and her parents insisted it wasn't to be shortened in anyway. We used to refer to her as Flo-Ro when talking about her 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Chudney. Daughter of Diana Ross. Imagine going through life with that as your name.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.