Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Stripper names
Lexi
Lacey
Lily
Lola
Dixie
Trixie
Pixie
Missy
Misty
Dusty
Dolly
Honey
Star
Blossom
Tallulah
Brooke
Morgan
McKenzie
Cassidy
I agree with all of these except Lily, I’ve never thought of it as a stripper name. Do other people think of it in that way or is it just OP. I love this name but would hate to give a kid a name people associate with strippers

Reactions: 4
I agree with all of these except Lily, I’ve never thought of it as a stripper name. Do other people think of it in that way or is it just OP. I love this name but would hate to give a kid a name people associate with strippers
Its probably just me. I saw a documentary about las vegas strippers and a man hiring them said the girls take on stage names and one who was having an interview said her stage name was lily and he said she'd have to choose another as it was a common name choice for girls in that field of work plus lily savage character worked as a stripper.

Reactions: 3
Lily or lacey I dont i have god daughters with them names the rest yes I do

I dont like ronnie its just too common now days everyone knows someone with a child of that name

or double names that make up a whole name if that makes sense like indi-anna why not just call the child Indiana or re-ann

Someone I know has just had a baby girl Beryl 😐😐
I know someone who named their son recently Craig i dont know why but just seems such an outdated name now baby craig

In our town there are twins called Destiny and Eternity.
We also have a Snow (surname White).
I know a man called River.
Not as bad as the surname but town i am from there's a family and the 3 youngest kids are peaches,blue and snow she has 8 children and her mum 9 so I think they run out of names lol
And another lady called her 2 children millie and Billy, not twins just liked the rhyming of it,I just couldn't

Also faith,hope,grace and gabriel if he was another girl would of been honour

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Wilfred. - Who the duck would name an innocent child a name like that??
Sharon/Tracey/Gavin/Garth - Reminds me of Ford Capris, White Stilletos, Men with blonde highlights and Romford Market!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Summer - Rose
Summer - Lilly
Lilly - May
Lilly - Rose

Or just names in general you think of when you are much younger when you talk to your girlfriends “if I had a baby I’d call them.....”

Reactions: 7
I did a baby class when my daughter was 5 months and there was another baby there who was the same age called Barbara. This was only like 4 years ago too!!!

I hate the name Emma. I’ve never met a nice emma.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Porsche pronounced poor-cha in a manc accent and Mercedes - they were sisters. They had a brother called Darren but, we called him Toyota.

In my old job we used to get people having to send their children’s birth certificates and if there was a good one we would write it on the board for a laugh. Some have already been mentioned above but, these were my favourite:

Holly Day
Jackkobbi
Khaleesi Arya Sansa
Knowledgeable
Sensible Blessing
Stan
Prince Legend - a lot to live up to
Zillow
Harry Potter - yes, someone actually named their baby that and their surname was not Potter.
Fanny Lana
King Kyle - he also had around 11 other names after this all beginning with K. It was the longest birth certificate I have ever seen.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Today I got chatting to a mammy in the park who had a little boy and his name was LAKE

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Oh dear, oh dear - my name, as well as variants thereof, have been mentioned multiple times on this thread. Hoping to live long enough for it to come into vogue again.

It’s NOT Chudney though.

Thank God :D

• Haha
Reactions: 10
OK, scared to admit my daughter is a Gracie-Mae 🙈😂 but we just call her Gracie (she hates being called Gracie-Mae...) I'm told a lot that it's a lovely name but now I think they're just humouring me 😂🤷🏼‍♀️

I also know somebody who named their daughter Millie, which isn't so bad on its own but when her surname is Miller it's very unfortunate 😳😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
So glad my name hasn’t been mentioned ☺
I hate Gary, Gavin, Gail, Gabby, any name beginning with G gives me the ick, I’ve no idea why and I feel sick looking at them written down 🤮
Off to the loo I go!!

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.