Names you can’t stand #3

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have never met a Troy in my entire life. Where are you all meeting these Troys?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
all the talk of troy reminded me of the name tray , it always just reminds me of a tray table 😂

Reactions: 4
I always liked the name grace but couldn't use it because with my husband's accent it sounds like grease 😀

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I watched a Crime and investigation program,my fave First 48 her name was Britain..😩FFS,she had nothing to do with our country..had a kiddie her ex came to her door shot the baby’s father.. she kept sobbing baby daddy,baby daddy..omg baby daddy..😩Sorry but…

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
The original voice of Troy McClure was Phil Hartman who was shot and killed by his wife in a murder suicide. Very sad.

Edit - I’m so tired my brain was mixing this name thread with the celeb gossip thread as I was bouncing between the two. So my titbit of Troy trivia wasn’t quite as relevant as I first thought 🤣

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
This is by no means a dig (that never bodes well, I know 😂) but can someone from the UK explain to me the reasoning behind choosing a name for your kid but only using the short version? I just don't get it! If you're not going to use the long version, why call your child that? I have a friend who had a baby and said "Her name is Theodora but we'll call her Thea" (Why not actually call her Thea then?) and know a Rosemary who goes by Rosie (and same, she's never been called Rosemary by anyone in her life, not even her parents).
Mine is one of those types (was introduced as a baby as this is Rebecca to be known as Becky), same thing with my brother. For my brother, my mum liked the short version but not the long so never uses the full name, for me it was partly rebellion - mum was never allowed to shorten her name as a child so ours were going to be shortened. It's less hassle having the long name as the legal one bc people would probably try and call me that on forms etc anyway, plus if I want to use it when I actually feel like a proper adult, then I can 🤷‍♀️ tbh I've always found giving your child a long name and never using a nickname to be weird too

Reactions: 2
I was playing a game and one of the female characters was called Anessa. I just thought it looks quite ugly. I quite like the name Vanessa though which is odd.

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 2
Olive, when I first saw it I misread it as Clive. Ffs just call your child Olivia. It doesn’t even sound nice

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 10
There's a reality 'star' in Australia who named her daughter 'Baby'. Poor kid, the mother is a moron.
I know lots of guys called Troy, at least 4 I can think of. One was born in 1994.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 9
Harry (esp. if Ginger)
Meghan (esp. if American)
Simon
Barry
Garry (always cunts and 'local character')
Pete (always up-to-something involving minors)
Stacey (can never keep the peroxide out of her hair, or her legs shut)
Kirsty (never shuts up)
Becky (too many children)
Joanne (been working towards that teaching degree for many years. remains a teaching assistant.)
Leanne (always an alcoholic)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
There's a reality 'star' in Australia who named her daughter 'Baby'. Poor kid, the mother is a moron.
I know lots of guys called Troy, at least 4 I can think of. One was born in 1994.
A couple of influencers have called their daughters Baby and are now feuding over it.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
A couple of influencers have called their daughters Baby and are now feuding over it.
that is the worst name I have seen here! I hate being called babe or baby generally, I cannot imagine how I would cope with it being my real name :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.